Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Many have called for us to spend transfer money on better contracts for our key players. It looks like that’s starting to happen. Don’t think folks should also expect big marquee signings, I don’t think we can have it both ways.
I think we can make 1 major signing whilst also locking down key players to better deals. Question is what some class as major

I guess I'm just enjoying watching football too much in June/July to get in a tizzy just yet.

I am, however, planning on becoming a combative asshole Monday, July 16th. So that will be fun.

Cocked and loaded. Top man! :adesalute:

(Must admit, I do wonder what kind of football fan can't find a bit of distraction in a WC for a few weeks. I mean, you'd think if nothing else the thread would be full of trf junkies saying we "muuuust" sign x or y player they're seen play 15mins for the first time ever. All a bit half-arsed on that front by that particular contingent if you think about it. A trf junky that ISN'T an armchair scout.... That's absolute twisted perversion, right?)

Can't help but feel we've gone for the big names and now are going for plan B or C

We want De Ligt......that Brazilian guy, he'd be cheaper...
We want Martial.....Ah, but perhaps Plea would do the same job....
We fancy N'Dombele.....Could we get someone a bit cheaper though.....

Are we in a sell before we buy big scenario?? Or are we being priced out of what we want?

Nah, that's not true.... Our 3rd most expensive signing at the time (behind Lamela & Soldado). £22m was not cheap in 2015 Spurs money...

Especially when you consider the mega inflation since then and the fact that we weren't bringing in the extra CL dosh.

2015 Levy doesn't blow £22m with potentially no sell-on... Which was my point to begin with.
He was still cheap in relation to his performances etc, doesn't matter what our budget was at the time

Many have called for us to spend transfer money on better contracts for our key players. It looks like that’s starting to happen. Don’t think folks should also expect big marquee signings, I don’t think we can have it both ways.
A single decent CM and I'm happy.

More than adequate going into the new season with Kane, Son, Eriksen, Dele, Lucas and Lamela to fill the front 4.

Still so excited to see what Lucas does this season. Has the potential to match and exceed Sonny.

I think we can make 1 major signing whilst also locking down key players to better deals. Question is what some class as major

Absolutely fine with that.

1st-XI-ready replacement for The Dembele please. Couldn't give a fuck about pricetags, statements, marquees or any other form of camping equipment.

Can't help but feel we've gone for the big names and now are going for plan B or C

Are we in a sell before we buy big scenario?? Or are we being priced out of what we want?

It's almost as if you'd expect anything different from us? :pochrolleyes:

Personally I don't get De Ligt and how he has been considered "superior" Davinson. When both men were at Ajax De Ligt mad 11 starts in the league. Sanchez did 32.

He was still cheap in relation to his performances etc,

Compounding your last post with bollocks at this point.

He was injured and/or shite for his first season.

doesn't matter what our budget was at the time

So our budget has no bearing on what we as a club can afford?

Jeeeezus! ...Some of you lot are so 'challenged' when it comes to finance and economics I'm shocked ya'll have the balls to post a single word on the matter.

I'm waiting for people to start linking Tottenham to player creations in FIFA and for 50% of us to not know the difference (including me), but still get really mad when it falls through because the guy doesn't actually exist.

More signings from the French League ?

giphy.gif

I'm waiting for people to start linking Tottenham to player creations in FIFA and for 50% of us to not know the difference (including me), but still get really mad when it falls through because the guy doesn't actually exist.

I like your style.... (Next time, don't blow your load. PM me. :levystare:)

Back
Top Bottom