Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rabiot would’ve been perfect, I may get shot down here but if Barca are signing Rabiot we need to get Andre Gomes on loan with an option to buy. We can’t rely on Dembele (if he stays) anymore, he’s just too injury prone and against teams that park the bus I feel like having Dembele with Dier\Wanyama doesn’t help us pick the bus apart. It’s almost too defensive, we need a player who can help stretch defences with their passing. I know Gomes flopped at Barca but he is very gettable and was very good before signing with Barca.
If you fail as a creative passer at Barca where you have all the time in the world to pick your pass you aren't going to prosper in the Prem against the likes of Kante, Fernandinho etc.

Do not rate Gomes at all.

I don't want any cunt of a player who does not want to play for the shirt !
Fuck Raibot, Fuck all of those Merc cunts who don't want Spurs to succeed!

Rabiot would’ve been perfect, I may get shot down here but if Barca are signing Rabiot we need to get Andre Gomes on loan with an option to buy. We can’t rely on Dembele (if he stays) anymore, he’s just too injury prone and against teams that park the bus I feel like having Dembele with Dier\Wanyama doesn’t help us pick the bus apart. It’s almost too defensive, we need a player who can help stretch defences with their passing. I know Gomes flopped at Barca but he is very gettable and was very good before signing with Barca.

He's shit mate.

Rabiot refused to be a part of the national team make up because he let his ego get in the way of things. Not something that's required at a club that places huge emphasis on togetherness and unity. Technique wise, great, personality wise not someone who's going to truly battle for the shirt. As for Andre Gomes, I don't think you can touch him either. I fancy the pace and roughness of the premier league would chew him up and spit him out

I share the prevailing enthusiasm for our yoof, but i think it represents pseudo-opportunity to stick them out in a wholesale rotation with 10 other 2nd/3rd stringers and expect them to show a level worthy of the first XI.... The 'machine' around them will be nowhere near as well honed as if actually lining up alongside Kane, Hugo, Jan, Eriksen.

See: Spurs vs BVB, Spurs in this year's FA Cup, England B vs Belgium B etc.

Results come when like Kane, Winks, Dele were allowed to play alongside and mix their game up with our A-list.

Europa league was a gift in terms of blooding players and Poch's revolution; becomes far tougher having made the CL leap.

It's a comment others have made but we really do need to start giving the fringe players minutes if league or cup games are in the bag with 10/15mins to go.

I hope we can find the right balance... This may not be quite so pertinent for the ultra-wealthy clubs (EPL and beyond) who have no motivation to do so, but developing our 'own' and other 'prospects' continues to be pivotal to us continuing to be any kind of sustainable threat to the those whom can outspend us whenever they see fit.
I agree.
I was just commenting on Skipp.
:)

This x1000
This x10000

source.gif

No one.
Breaking even is similar to selling and buying like for like replacement. You want agents to make money!
You are better of selling 3 buying 2 to improve on quality/upgrade.
:pochunimpressed:
For clubs like the Manchester ones, but we've proven that we can sell a £50M+ player and turn his understudy/cheaper replacement into a top drawer player. It's the difference between Maureen/Guardiola who have to buy finished articles and Pochettino who actually develops footballers.

That's why I don't worry about transfers, we can argue all we want in here - at the end of the day our next stand out performer is most likely to be someone we've heard little or nothing of, and most wont be impressed with when he arrives.

In Poch we trust.

No one.
Breaking even is similar to selling and buying like for like replacement. You want agents to make money!
You are better of selling 3 buying 2 to improve on quality/upgrade.
:pochunimpressed:

What?! Of course it isn't. If all teams played the same football, if all scouts and negotiators were perfect, and if reputation and age was not a factor, you might have been right. But that's pretty far from the case.

For clubs like the Manchester ones, but we've proven that we can sell a £50M+ player and turn his understudy/cheaper replacement into a top drawer player. It's the difference between Maureen/Guardiola who have to buy finished articles and Pochettino who actually develops footballers.

That's why I don't worry about transfers, we can argue all we want in here - at the end of the day our next stand out performer is most likely to be someone we've heard little or nothing of, and most wont be impressed with when he arrives.

In Poch we trust.
In Poch we Trust
In you MemphisWill we dont trust

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom