2018 FIFA WORLD CUP RUSSIA 14th June - 15th July

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

skysports-world-cup-russia_4364151.jpg

Wouldnt put Kane in myself. Goals against Panama and Tunisia and a pen against Colombia?

Wouldnt put Kane in myself. Goals against Panama and Tunisia and a pen against Colombia?
If we dint watch the world cup at all and just saw the number 6 goals, then its very very impressive. But when we see who the goals were against, half being pens and one that touched him rather than him trying to score, not many from second round onwards. It doesnt look that great at all. He was a great captain for England though and wouldnt exchange him for anyone else.

If we dint watch the world cup at all and just saw the number 6 goals, then its very very impressive. But when we see who the goals were against, half being pens and one that touched him rather than him trying to score, not many from second round onwards. It doesnt look that great at all. He was a great captain for England though and wouldnt exchange him for anyone else.

He didn’t have a great World Cup. He had a great opening game, and played well generally in a deeper role, but he’s probably feeling frustrated that he didn’t do more.

Panama - two great penalties and one goal he didn’t know anything about (though given the next top scorer got 4, let’s just discount it).

Colombia - another great penalty under the circumstances.

He also nailed his penalty in the shoot-out.

It was a solid performance from Kane, but not great. Still, nobody did any better so he should still be proud.

From a selfish Spurs fan perspective it couldn’t have worked out better. He gets the accolade of being the top scorer in the World Cup, whilst everyone else thinks he’s overrated.

Fascinating but not exactly technical/analytical or inspiring. I assume there was more, in this day in age thought there were supposed to be video clips etc.....???

Not enough time to digest video clips etc at half time, best keep it simple with a bit of well-directed advice. Think Poch says something similar in Brave New World. Remember Ferguson liked to keep half time advice simple.

Not enough time to digest video clips etc at half time, best keep it simple with a bit of well-directed advice. Think Poch says something similar in Brave New World. Remember Ferguson liked to keep half time advice simple.
Poch does video at halftime.

There's simple and there's simple though. He's basically said get rid of it asap at the back and lump it up the field. I've had more analytical half-time talks and more motivational one than this when I was at school!!

Poch does video at halftime.

There's simple and there's simple though. He's basically said get rid of it asap at the back and lump it up the field. I've had more analytical half-time talks and more motivational one than this when I was at school!!

Fair enough - I take your word for it and you will know better than me! But, personally I'm a little sceptical how much can really be absorbed in a HT talk given adrenaline etc. (point made irrespective of DD's talk in the vid.).

Fair enough - I take your word for it and you will know better than me! But, personally I'm a little sceptical how much can really be absorbed in a HT talk given adrenaline etc. (point made irrespective of DD's talk in the vid.).
Can't find the link to it, but I was reading something not that long ago where it said that he has a video guy that works on selecting two clips of something that is good and two on something bad. He, Jesus and Miguel agree on the clips and then instruct the fella to have them ready.

The thing is unless you are 3-0 down it's rare that there is more to it than simple a) Changing shape/formation b) Tweaking where the oppo threat is coming from e.g they are targeting the left c) Subbing someone off (this is rare) d) getting them to run about more/improve tempo

But I know if I was in that dressing room listening to Deschamps then meh, doubt it would have had any effect on me. If you look at the body language of the players I guess this was how it effected them too(???)

Back
Top Bottom