Griffiths has gone...it seems

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You his dad or summit?

suspicious-gif-18.gif

Angry soccer Mum was my theory.

He's a kid. Doesn't know shit about shit. I'd question his parents and those in his circle advising him, who are obviously telling him he's good enough to start in the PL, which is bullshit.

Going to Lyon sounds like madness. He doesn't speak the lingo and will be like a fish out of water. He'll be back in England within a few months looking for another club.

Seriously. An 18 year old who thinks he should be playing in front of Son when Kane is not fit?

Fuck off work hard and prove everyone wrong. And if that’s his attitude then good look to him.

But no player should think they are the real deal at 18.

No neither, nor his sister, I just find it rather sad that we could not apparently manage such a potential talent.

Maybe these can do better ?

"Needless to say, Griffiths is highly regarded within the club and Tottenham would love for the player to commit to his first professional contract at the club. But, interest from Real Madrid and PSG might pose some problems, even with Spurs tabling an offer in order to ward off the suitors.

PSG have faced defeat in their pursuit of Rhian Brewster, who chose to extend his deal at Liverpool. Celtic on the other hand, are ready to hand him first-team action from the get-go along with the lure of playing in the Champions League at the very instant.

Real Madrid are always on the lookout for bright young gems, as evidenced by them paying top money for Rodrygo and Vinicius Jr.

According to reports, Griffiths is not attracted towards money. The 18-year-old would want to hone his skills in the first-team, with under-23 football system in England not seemed good enough to prepare players for the jump up to the first-team.

This has seen many English players move abroad, with Marcus McGuane opting to sign with Barcelona and Jadon Sancho moving to Dortmund. Jadon Sancho is already reaping rewards, with the player already being tipped to be on the edge of making it to the Three Lions’ senior squad."

You all seem to be quite happy to say nasty things about him now, so that is the same for Sancho, McGuane, Keanen Bennets and so on ?

I dont think so, you all seem to be just having a go at him, all he seems to be wanting is to have a chance at the first team, whats so wrong with that ?

Seriously. An 18 year old who thinks he should be playing in front of Son when Kane is not fit?

Fuck off work hard and prove everyone wrong. And if that’s his attitude then good look to him.

But no player should think they are the real deal at 18.

Michael Owen did at 17, not so bad was he ?

If he is not interested in playing for the shirt then piss off, we don't want self interested people at the club !

Michael Owen did at 17, not so bad was he ?

You're comparing one of the best young English talents in the last 25 years to someone who has played against 16 and 17 year olds for the last 2 years.

Come on now.

I'd also add that football and money was a little different back in 1996.

No doubt the kid has talent but if the attitude is wrong then they will never get to the first team at Tottenham and rightly so.

Poch has set a higher bar for players to break through and that drives higher performance and a correct attitude, once selected it's up to the player to prove they can stay there.

You only have to look at Kane, good game, average game his post match interviews always mention how he can improve, train smarter and help the team cause. It's what separates top players playing for top clubs aside from others who get given too much at a young age and believe the bullshit they or their syncophants spout.

No neither, nor his sister, I just find it rather sad that we could not apparently manage such a potential talent.

Maybe these can do better ?

"Needless to say, Griffiths is highly regarded within the club and Tottenham would love for the player to commit to his first professional contract at the club. But, interest from Real Madrid and PSG might pose some problems, even with Spurs tabling an offer in order to ward off the suitors.

PSG have faced defeat in their pursuit of Rhian Brewster, who chose to extend his deal at Liverpool. Celtic on the other hand, are ready to hand him first-team action from the get-go along with the lure of playing in the Champions League at the very instant.

Real Madrid are always on the lookout for bright young gems, as evidenced by them paying top money for Rodrygo and Vinicius Jr.

According to reports, Griffiths is not attracted towards money. The 18-year-old would want to hone his skills in the first-team, with under-23 football system in England not seemed good enough to prepare players for the jump up to the first-team.

This has seen many English players move abroad, with Marcus McGuane opting to sign with Barcelona and Jadon Sancho moving to Dortmund. Jadon Sancho is already reaping rewards, with the player already being tipped to be on the edge of making it to the Three Lions’ senior squad."

You all seem to be quite happy to say nasty things about him now, so that is the same for Sancho, McGuane, Keanen Bennets and so on ?

I dont think so, you all seem to be just having a go at him, all he seems to be wanting is to have a chance at the first team, whats so wrong with that ?

You should get your chances if you work hard in training or impress at a higher level than the U18.
I don't care if he is the brightest talent of all our youth, if he has the mentality of someone as unstable as Balotelli (exaggerated a bit maybe), he should never be making demands.

Only the ones at the club know the full story though.

It will always be a real shame if a talented player leaves our club, but imo a humble, hard working mentality is requirement number 1.

On a side note: Real Madrid pays millions and millions for youth, only for the other teams not to be able to find 'the next Neymar', I will be REALLY surprised if Rodrygo or Vinicius will ever be regular starters for them in the future.

Pretty much sums up Griffiths attitude.

He's also deactivated his twitter now.

He wasn't best pleased when he was told he wouldn't be going on the US tour. Apparently we had already thought about releasing him the season prior, but gave him another chance, then consequently left ourselves in a difficult position when he had a ridiculously prolific season.

He want's to be taken seriously as a professional footballer but acts like a child.

Back
Top Bottom