Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know everyone wants a new CM, but it's a pretty crowded position for us...

Dembele - Half-broken, may be off
Erisken - Far more use to us behind the striker
Dele - Far more use to us behind the striker, in Pochettino's book he says he is convinced of this, calls him a "killer in the area"
Sissoko - Shit
Winks - Injury prone
Onomah - Not good enough
Skipp - 17, nowhere near experienced enough
Amos - Nowhere near experienced enough, his total first class career is 3 games for Southend and 16 for Stevenage

Dembele - Half-broken, may be off
Erisken - Far more use to us behind the striker
Dele - Far more use to us behind the striker, in Pochettino's book he says he is convinced of this, calls him a "killer in the area"
Sissoko - Shit
Winks - Injury prone
Onomah - Not good enough
Skipp - 17, nowhere near experienced enough
Amos - Nowhere near experienced enough, his total first class career is 3 games for Southend and 16 for Stevenage
Has Onomah been given a proper chance at his natural position though? He looked great for England in a CM role. I know his Villa spell was up and down, but I don't think they used him properly either.

Apparently playing 3 in central midfield means players can't move around.
kicklegend2-min.jpg

Rose cannot go.
Simple.
Shaw is overweight and would take a season, or more, to get back into shape and back to a decent level.
Pochettino would still probably have murders trying to keep him fit.
We didn’t see if he’d have lasted a few seasons of hard graft. Obviously didn’t take anyhting on board when he left, if we are to believe what we hear.
Not the Lamela kind of professionalism to fitness etc, during and after long term injury .
The full back version of Wimmer imo.

Max Meyer was a Pochettino favourite according to everyone in the media atbone time.
We were all over him.
Now he’s being released going to Palace and we haven’t even made him an offer?

Weird.
Maybe Palace are willing to meet his massive pay demands.
or maybe the media just write stuff to fill their papers/websites???

Seriously if Levy sells Toby and Rose to United without getting Martial in that deal, then I am done with him. Won't be investing anymore of my money into spurs whilst he is around and I suggest we all do the same and boycott the bloody place. Would be a shambles if this were to happen, not to mention the incredibly crap window we are having. The only top club not to have signed anyone:

It would be lazy to think we can rest on our laurels.
Most of the teams doing the big spending outside the top 4 are clubs with new managers.
Which is usually the case.
It either gels straight off or work in progress.
It’s natural to get spooked by it though.
Yet, Liverpool have done some good strengthening.
We need to keep our defence intact imo.
Toby needs to be used and given a decent contract.
He can seamlessly come in and out.

Then we probably don’t need too many new players. Probably two.
A central midfielder and a forward.
Done.
No new signings would be a gamble and not moving forward imo.

Finishing in the top 4 doesn’t get easier.

Seriously if Levy sells Toby and Rose to United without getting Martial in that deal, then I am done with him. Won't be investing anymore of my money into spurs whilst he is around and I suggest we all do the same and boycott the bloody place. Would be a shambles if this were to happen, not to mention the incredibly crap window we are having. The only top club not to have signed anyone:

You probably don’t invest anything as it you entitled bitter man

Kondogbia

Think it ends at like 5pm on a thurs
Oh shit well that has screwed things up I’ll be at wirk. Who came up with that stupid time. 5pm on a Thursday for Christ sake. Well Sky are gonna well pissed off, they will miss there transfer deadline day evening of thrills show.
Just be those taking a sickie and those on the dole

Last edited:
What exactly was wrong with Joao Moutinho and Max Meyer ?

Both internationals, Meyer is available free, and Moutinho cost Wolves £5 million.

If Mr Levy likes his bargains he missed these two, as it looks like Crystal Palace are about to sign Meyer.

I dont understand our transfer policy at all.

Buy late and pay inflated fees for twits ???

Back
Top Bottom