Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Now you are making my weird logic come to life...

I found it funny that our supposed targets suddenly became "Not for sale this year". Barrios, N'Dombele and De Ligt. Could we have struck deals like Liverpool did with Keita where players will come in next season after we get our HG quota up this?

"Supposed targets"

Barrios was likely just lazy post-WC 'journalism'.

N'Dombele was ever anything more than fan-talk?

Ditto DeLigt...?

What constitutes a credible rumour?

You appear to have it sussed.

Jokes aside, when / if Poch leaves eventually I would hope Hughton would be one of the 1st people we look at.

Known in football circles as class and humble ; one of the "good guys".

Hopefully after Poch breaks the final record of longest PL reign eh

Boring brand of football, perhaps he can step it up with better players but needs to improve his style if he wants a step up in my opinion.

Surely something will happen next week!
Well I thought YESTERDAY was supposed to be big... it don't get any bigger than that!!
Today will be MASSIVE... and as for next week.. off the fucking scale!

WATCH US RISE!

waterbottlerocket.gif

Haven't watched them too much which is bad as they were one of my locals growing up. I quite enjoyed what I did see tbh but that's not always a good thing. Plenty of goals

I've heard good things from people back home. It's only the view that I've heard a few times, but after having worked on a very defensive basis as a means of survival the acquisitions of Izceuro (?) and other recent purchases and small tweaks suggest he's looking to be more lethal this season.

Kovacic has been the guy I've wanted Spurs to go after most in this window. He'd instantly improve our central midfield. But, we either need to shift 4 non HG players to accommodate him I believe (for CL) or just go after HG players (which seems to be the tactic) so I've resigned myself to that dream transfer not happening.
We need to shift two from last year to accommodate Lamela and Lucas
So 3 from the below if we were to bring in Kovacic.
If Winks isnincluded this season he will now take a HG place
So there would be 3 HG places we could fill. 2 of them could be foreign but Association trained (registered in the English FA ( this clubs association) for 36 month between 15-21 yrs of age)

Last year CL squad (Winks and KWP were U21)

Goalkeepers Lloris, Vorm, Gazzaniga. Defenders Trippier*, Aurier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Sánchez, Foyth, Rose**, Davies. Midfielders Dier, Dembélé, Wanyama, Eriksen, Sissoko, Nkoudou. Forwards Kane**, Alli*, Son, Llorente

HG:
*Association trained
** Club trained

Same bunch this time last year, "We're selling our 2nd choice RB for 50mil, excellent business."

Same bunch again this time, "Meh Sanchez is much better than Toby, good riddance".

It's as if they live in alternate universe ffs.

Some people clearly display a distinct lack of anything else more important to worry about.

I mean - football is important don't get me wrong, but for fuck sake have some perspective, its not stopping me from sleeping at night.

Obviously i wasn't considering bottom feeders like you Don Giovanni Don Giovanni .

If your most important decisions of the day are which flavour pot noodle to have for breakfast or whether to troll it up on here or have your 15th wank of the day then it probably becomes more of a priority - its all relative.

"Love" of the game for most modern football fans comes down to little more than a desire to win twitter arguments really.

Whether you agree or not is irrelevant.

Like i explained numerous times; it's not a case of opinion on who's better; Davinson Sanchez is our #2 CB. Deal with it.
You heard that from Poch?

He's the best manager we've had in decades, I'm sure he can watch the world cup footage and see who we'd be better off starting, if we have the chance.

I'm not sure how you explaining it numerous times somehow magically makes it true...

The Alderweireld talk on here reminds me of the Walker - Trippier one from last window
People were convincing themselves its better to stay unbeaten in the league than have more pts. So trippier better than walker & sanchez better than toby is no problem.

Just think about it for a second, Toby has 2 years left on his deal and rejected a new contract. Next summer he can go for 25m, that's him gone. Vertonghen has 1 year left on his deal, no extension. That's him gone. Eriksen has 2 years left on his deal and hasn't signed an extension. We are royally fucked, not only are we probably going to lose 3 of our best and most important players, we're hardly getting any money for them either

Where do i start ......

Obviously i wasn't considering bottom feeders like you Don Giovanni Don Giovanni .

If your most important decisions of the day are which flavour pot noodle to have for breakfast or whether to troll it up on here or have your 15th wank of the day then it probably becomes more of a priority - its all relative.

"Love" of the game for most modern football fans comes down to little more than a desire to win twitter arguments really.
This is a fucking forum and not everyone shares your opinions. Get over it.

how condescending and unnecessarily hostile

Back
Top Bottom