Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will be very disappointed if we don't improve the starting 11. If we keep Toby then a midfielder and attacking player will do. It seems so obvious yet for some reason we're just floating along doing nothing. We need to be pushing on, not stagnating. Will be a fairly easy way to piss off poch and the playing staff and thus the fans if we don't make improvements. We finished 23 points behind city and won nothing, the team isn't anywhere close to being perfect yet so there are no excuses for not signing anyone during this window. If we had just pissed the league like city did then I'd understand but even they went out and bought mahrez. Levy is a great businessman but it would be almost suicidal business strategy to not make the team better for this coming season.

Rose for sure is checked out mentally.
He really looks like he is just trying to do to earn a move out of here.
It's sad honestly.
Will be very disappointed if we don't improve the starting 11. If we keep Toby then a midfielder and attacking player will do. It seems so obvious yet for some reason we're just floating along doing nothing. We need to be pushing on, not stagnating. Will be a fairly easy way to piss off poch and the playing staff and thus the fans if we don't make improvements. We finished 23 points behind city and won nothing, the team isn't anywhere close to being perfect yet so there are no excuses for not signing anyone during this window. If we had just pissed the league like city did then I'd understand but even they went out and bought mahrez. Levy is a great businessman but it would be almost suicidal business strategy to not make the team better for this coming season.

With their contracts coming up for renewal, I wonder what Eriksen and Dele will think if we don’t strengthen at all this window? I don’t think Eriksen would be impressed...

Rose for sure is checked out mentally.
He really looks like he is just trying to do to earn a move out of here.
It's sad honestly.

With their contracts coming up for renewal, I wonder what Eriksen and Dele will think if we don’t strengthen at all this window? I don’t think Eriksen would be impressed...

No one can be impressed least of all some of our top players.

It is just odd and we are not even strongly linked with anyone.

Not sure what the club expects of the fans but it is asking for severe criticism at this rate.

Davies replaced Rose. 18+ months ago.
Sanchez essentially replaced Toby last year.

...Effectively bench players. Not necessarily a pre-requisite that they're "elite"/world-class.

God-mode Dembele... Gonna be tough to replace tho'. :pochsulk:
A fit Alderweireld is head and shoulders above Sanchez. Don't tell me he's become a bench player

A fit Alderweireld is head and shoulders above Sanchez. Don't tell me he's become a bench player
I know we all want to believe the opposite, but it is an unfortunate truth that a fit Alderweireld is so much better than Sanchez, in his calmness to his passing. Sanchez is really good, but Toby is great and he will be an asset to whichever team he joins, providing he can keep fit. I'd rather keep him for a year than sell him for profit, unless Spurs' first team directly improves as a result of selling him, like getting Martial for eg.

What will it take for you to admit you haven't got a clue what our strategy is this window?

How can it be shambolic when we haven't lost any of our big names? Surely signing Kane makes it a great window?

It's not even the end of the window yet ffs. If Rose, Dembele and Alderweireld go and we don't replace them then that will be a shambles
Just think about it for a second, Toby has 2 years left on his deal and rejected a new contract. Next summer he can go for 25m, that's him gone. Vertonghen has 1 year left on his deal, no extension. That's him gone. Eriksen has 2 years left on his deal and hasn't signed an extension. We are royally fucked, not only are we probably going to lose 3 of our best and most important players, we're hardly getting any money for them either

Just think about it for a second, Toby has 2 years left on his deal and rejected a new contract. Next summer he can go for 25m, that's him gone. Vertonghen has 1 year left on his deal, no extension. That's him gone. Eriksen has 2 years left on his deal and hasn't signed an extension. We are royally fucked, not only are we probably going to lose 3 of our best and most important players, we're hardly getting any money for them either
Getting a bit ahead of yourself there,
Can't see all that happening at all.

Kovacic has been the guy I've wanted Spurs to go after most in this window. He'd instantly improve our central midfield. But, we either need to shift 4 non HG players to accommodate him I believe (for CL) or just go after HG players (which seems to be the tactic) so I've resigned myself to that dream transfer not happening.

Back
Top Bottom