Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What I don't like is posters in this thread (You know who you are!!) who cannot hold it together and post pessimistic bullshit and ruin what should be some good banter happening, just fuck off if you cannot handle the heat! :dembelefingers:

0y773UE.jpg

I can't see Rose going at this point. I fear United will get Toby and probably offer us Smalling or Jones as a makeweight, certainly not Martial. Dembele will leave but this will be abroad after the English window has closed so we run the risk of not signing a replacement. Pray Amos and Skipp are ready and Winks returns from injury!

Zaha now being linked with Chelsea. I can see that deal happening whilst it wouldn't shock me if Grealish decides to stay at Villa at least until Jan.

Where does that leave us? Fuck knows. We may end up being offered someone at one of the major European clubs, possibly a Draxler at the last minute. We don't get him though but at least Levy tried.

:-(

It's a joke now.

Do you remember that deadline day where we whored ourselves over Spain and pretended we were serious in trying to sign half the country's centre forwards at the last minute - Llorente, Aqüero, Negredo, Rossi...

How people laughed here

:harryhmm:

Ha, yeah I remember us making a last minute bid for Aguero in Jan. A derisory offer which Citeh would then top in the summer.

VdV was a fluke, will never happen again.

I can't see Rose going at this point. I fear United will get Toby and probably offer us Smalling or Jones as a makeweight, certainly not Martial. Dembele will leave but this will be abroad after the English window has closed so we run the risk of not signing a replacement. Pray Amos and Skipp are ready and Winks returns from injury!

Zaha now being linked with Chelsea. I can see that deal happening whilst it wouldn't shock me if Grealish decides to stay at Villa at least until Jan.

Where does that leave us? Fuck knows. We may end up being offered someone at one of the major European clubs, possibly a Draxler at the last minute. We don't get him though but at least Levy tried.

:-(

It's a joke now.
Don't be so negative. We can always sign Lewis Cook.

Bid for Kovacic ffs Levy!

Just think about it for a second, Toby has 2 years left on his deal and rejected a new contract. Next summer he can go for 25m, that's him gone. Vertonghen has 1 year left on his deal, no extension. That's him gone. Eriksen has 2 years left on his deal and hasn't signed an extension. We are royally fucked, not only are we probably going to lose 3 of our best and most important players, we're hardly getting any money for them either

You are such an annoying piece of s*it, shouldn't have come here after breakfast, as reading your verbal diarrhea makes me want to throw up. Waste of decent meal!

1) Yes. Toby is gone. Yes, he is brilliant player. No Spurs will not collapse without him, we played most of the last season without him.
2) Vertonghen is far from gone. Yes, he has 1 year left right now, but he has been very loyal to the club and always plays with his heart. There is 12 months go and lot can happen during that time. You cannot say with certainty that he is gone. Please stop serving the excrements in your head as solid facts.
3) Yes. Eriksen has 2 years left. That means we have loads of time to sort this out. Maybe you should start paning for Kane contract as well?!?! I mean ONLY 6 YEARS !!! SKY IS GONNA FALL. HE IS OFF TO MADRID. There are loads of players in loads of clubs who have 2 yrs or less. Once more you cannot say he is off.

We have a strong squad full of talent. Most of them are super committed to the cause. We have finished in top 3 in EPL for last 3 seasons!!! Sure, there is room for improvement. Sure, I expected bit more reinforcements during that window, but I can grasp the fact that we had lot of unused potential in the squad last season. Like already mentioned - Moura, Wanyama, Rose, Winks and Lamela all played like 1/3 of the season.

Calm your effin tits.

Kovacic has been the guy I've wanted Spurs to go after most in this window. He'd instantly improve our central midfield. But, we either need to shift 4 non HG players to accommodate him I believe (for CL) or just go after HG players (which seems to be the tactic) so I've resigned myself to that dream transfer not happening.

Now you are making my weird logic come to life...

I found it funny that our supposed targets suddenly became "Not for sale this year". Barrios, N'Dombele and De Ligt. Could we have struck deals like Liverpool did with Keita where players will come in next season after we get our HG quota up this?

Don't be so negative. We can always sign Lewis Cook.

Bid for Kovacic ffs Levy!

Cook is alright and has potential but it's not a signing that will have our rivals shaking in our boots.

I'm wasn't so keen on our signing any more Croatians but now I no longer give a shit. I think Kovacic's wages will be a problem and can see him going to Citeh or someone like Juve.

Now you are making my weird logic come to life...

I found it funny that our supposed targets suddenly became "Not for sale this year". Barrios, N'Dombele and De Ligt. Could we have struck deals like Liverpool did with Keita where players will come in next season after we get our HG quota up this?
You came this close to saying "a season of transition" there, didn't you?

9544962-3x2-340x227.jpg

Cook is alright and had potential but it's not a signing that will have our rivals shaking in our boots.

I'm wasn't so keen on our signing any more Croatians but now I no longer give a shit. I think Kovacic's wages will be a problem and can see him going to Citeh or someone like Juve.
I reckon he could be coming to us! Just a feeling I have in my ice analyzed waste waters!

Cook is alright and has potential but it's not a signing that will have our rivals shaking in our boots.

Kovacic is on 80-100k per week, probably 80k . He doesn't givee a shit about wages, he just want to play regulary.

Back
Top Bottom