Tottenham vs. Cardiff - 06/10/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We need to buy 3 midfielders. A new DM if Dier and Wanyama continue playing ordinary football. 2 CMs because apart from Dembele, no one is standing out at all. Dembele is likely gone at the end of the season, same with Sissoko and maybe one of Dier and Wanyama.

"FULL-TIME
Tottenham 1-0 Cardiff

Delete from your memory."

Nice to see the BBC being their usual unbiased selves, if it was Liverpool or Utd they'd be praising them for grinding out a win against a dogged Cardiff side.

Hairy’s Thoughts

1. Winks, Rose, Lucas, Toby all played well.
2. What’s up with Hugo? Looked shaky all match, seemed to bobble even the easy ones.
3. Red card all day for me on the Lucas “tackle”. That was vicious.
4. Sissoko looked above (his) average today.
5. Is it a badge of shame just to hoof it out of the back? Is it just plain machismo to pass our way out 80% of the time. Poch must absolutely drill that tactic into their respective skulls. Most defender natural tendency is to just get it the fuck out when in doubt.
6. This team looked like it couldn’t score in a Tijuana brothel. Bad luck, poor energy, lack of creativity, even against the worst team in the league with 10 men. Ugh.
7. To me, it looks the the off ball attackers are just trotting along and reacting of the player with the ball rather than running in to space allowing the possession player to react to the run.
8. It appears we have the backwards pass down to a science.

Couldn't agree more. 3 pts in the bag. Now we just enjoy watching Pool and City knock each others head off. And don't forget Mourinho getting sacked coming

Indeed. I hope Moutinho gets a stay of execution though - I can't see how he can turn it around but the club may be too ashamed to sack him now that it's come at in the press and they've denied it. Hopefully he'll scrape a draw or lose to a dodgy decision and get at least one more game. If I were Utd owners though then I'd sack him for sure though.

On the plus side I thought Danny Rose looked excellent today. Can't seem to get through a game without pulling up with something, but encouraging signs nonetheless. On a completely different level to Davies when he's a full tilt.

18 points of the first 8 games - our best ever start to a PL season.

And yet we are not playing well due to hatful of injuries and more who are just back from injury and being eased back gently (Winks and Wanyama, Lamela after his knock against Barcelona and arguably Rose after his injuries from last season) plus also the fatigue aftereffect of the WC and lack of preseason for almost all the first team.

Think we'll take another month to get through the fatigue and injury issues, but at least when that happens we will be starting from a decent points position

Back
Top Bottom