Wet Spam v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League - 20.10.18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I mean how bloody weird is it that we could beat City on Mon and potentially go top having been sub-par all season... We need to start playing some better football though and soon

Get in. What a great result that is for us.

- Another cleansheet. 3 in a row
- Lamela winning us another game.
- 4 wins on the bounce.
- 2 points off top.
- Record breaking start to a Premier League season with 21 points out of a possible 27.
- Eriksen and Dembele coming back from injury.
- Winks looking better and better.

Bring on PSV.

Spot on!

And we are doing it with average performances, but getting the wins.

Not great play, but a great result. Our performance has to click up a gear soon and someone is going to get a spanking.

Let us not forget why we got the name "Spursy". With a shite Ref and a baying for blood Spam crowd, these are the games we would fold in, then lose or draw in the last few minutes.

Will take a win all day long,,, ,COYS.

They were all bluster and no real bite to be honest...

Yep, they lack quality and are 15th in the table which is about as good as it gets for them, survival, nothing more. We're two points off top spot having suffered loads of injuries and played several big games already.

Good result for us. If we can get players back and start clicking for 90 minutes at a time it could be a decent season.

Yes we are not playing well, but we are winning and sitting 3rd at the moment. That could be the difference between us actually winning something this year!

Another boring win. A bit steadier in the mid but due to a lack of pressure. Man city will show us how strong we are defensively.

Tripps will get ripped a new one against Sane and the like though.

Seriously though, what a great result. You need grit in these kind of games, particularly against a rival.
Compare this to the Watford game and see how much harder we battled for it.
All the best teams know how to grind out wins. I remember Chelsea battling out a lot of 1-0 wins when they won the league last time

Good routine away win. 2 points off the winners of the PL. level on points on fucking Sarri-ball (lol) and PL contenders!

Sissoko was my MOTM, he was superb today, linked up well, carried the ball well, defensively was always there helping out the hapless Tripps (he can't defend for his life!). Lamela also superb along with Lucas, who I think played his most complete game in a Spurs shirt, his display without the ball was excellent putting in tackles, stopping lots of counters before they started and as usual lots of lovely runs. Hugo too with a couple of wonderful saves.

Nice to see Eriksen and Dembele return.

Up The Spurs!

Back
Top Bottom