Tottenham v Man.City 29/10/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No surprise that we looked so much better without Dier slowing the play down with every touch. I've no idea how he seems guaranteed to start, offers nothing. Look at his tracking back for their goal. Dembele should be the one of those 2 further up the pitch regardless but he was literally jogging back. Can't pass, can't tackle, turning circle of a freight ship. That tackle vs Ramos and goal vs Whu worse things that could have happened to us :dierno:.

Anyway, was impressed by us in last 25 or so. Kane looked very off the pace again for me, he needs a rest. Winks and Wanyama hopefully start vs the spunk brothers and make a case to start vs Wolves.

Sissoko best game for us by miles. Lamela again continues to be our player of the season to date.

City cannot defend. All the pundits spouting stats about not conceding vs pool/Woolwich/spurs. We should have scored twice today. Liverpool played very conservatively, whereas last season they embarrassed them by flying at them. They were there for the taking once we had Winks and Deli on.

Very frustrating that Pochettino waited 65mins or so to make the first change. But on the plus side, we rattled them with a lot of players either injured or returning from injuries. With Aurier and Rose as FBs and Eriksen/Son/Alli and a rejuvenated Sissoko and Lamela we've got some positives to take forward!

Now let's teach these spunk gobblers a lesson.

Not as bad as it could have been. We deserved a point. Some pretty good performances. Kane still not 100% sharp for whatever reason. So happy to see Eriksen back but didn't miss his rubbish corners one bit.

If you watch the replay in slow-mo, you would see that the ball gets an unnatural bounce that make it difficult for Lamela.
Lamela had a really good game, but, bounce or no bounce, he should have been right over the top of that ball driving it into the ground for the finish. I think he wanted to watch it burst the net, and that was his mistake.

No surprise that we looked so much better without Dier slowing the play down with every touch. I've no idea how he seems guaranteed to start, offers nothing. Look at his tracking back for their goal. Dembele should be the one of those 2 further up the pitch regardless but he was literally jogging back. Can't pass, can't tackle, turning circle of a freight ship. That tackle vs Ramos and goal vs Whu worse things that could have happened to us :dierno:.

Anyway, was impressed by us in last 25 or so. Kane looked very off the pace again for me, he needs a rest. Winks and Wanyama hopefully start vs the spunk brothers and make a case to start vs Wolves.

Sissoko best game for us by miles. Lamela again continues to be our player of the season to date.

City cannot defend. All the pundits spouting stats about not conceding vs pool/Woolwich/spurs. We should have scored twice today. Liverpool played very conservatively, whereas last season they embarrassed them by flying at them. They were there for the taking once we had Winks and Deli on.

Very frustrating that Pochettino waited 65mins or so to make the first change. But on the plus side, we rattled them with a lot of players either injured or returning from injuries. With Aurier and Rose as FBs and Eriksen/Son/Alli and a rejuvenated Sissoko and Lamela we've got some positives to take forward!

Now let's teach these spunk gobblers a lesson.

Take your player agenda elsewhere. Your username is infantile. More concerned with one player than Tottenham.

Spursy result

Rubbish.

We played alright but we just need to be clinical and better.

Kane is a very good striker but he was nigh on anonymous tonight and the least effective of our front 3.

City were strong and solid and nearly at full strength. We just did not create enough clear cut chances but they are not going to get so much better so it's for us to close the gap.

If we do not buy another striker or a Grealish and a Sessegnon, assuming that's what Pochettino wants then it is a kick in Pochettino's face.

I suspect his mood will have lifted a bit by a good performance.

Sissoko our man of the match and played the closest to his best level.

Shame we didn't get at least 1pt as hard as Lads played and Poch matched us up. That stupid header by Tripp though. Would have given totally different 80 min if weren't for that. Refs were disgrace. Choppers suck bc theres no ejection.

I think their manager was bothered about us. Did you note his substitutions?

Anyway you’re just a trolling cunt who only turns up when we lose.

And btw it’s ‘lose’ ‘losing’ and ‘losers’ - learn to spell thick cunt.
Fuck you again..only turns up when we lose...really.. how the fuck do you know that, are you on here 24/7. Just because you settle for mediocrity in football and maybe in life because all you do is watch this forum day and night that's your issue...and wow really.. spelling is what upsets you too, fucking laughable. I was typing fast mate as I was actually out not at home in my weirdo computer room. I really don't care about some spelling mistakes. Obviously it affects you though.

Fairly happy with tonight's performance. Most encouraging was we had a go. Another night and we get a draw i felt we deserved. Sissoko looking good again was a massive bonus.

Terrible bloody start again though, when will they learn? We've got to focus on cutting out these mistakes.

My only concern is a lack of imagination up front, we just keep lumping the ball in from crosses with no joy. Would like to see us keep the ball and keep stretching them a bit more, looking for an opening. Overall though very positive, got to use this and really push for some consistently good performances and wins.

COYS

So many players are getting worse game by game eg dier, Davies, trippier.Think the angel dust poch gave most of the squad when he joined is starting to wear off. Sissoko our best player tonight. Says it all. Created a lot but yet again cannot finish

Back
Top Bottom