Tottenham v Man.City 29/10/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The cancer is a chairman who spent hundreds of thousands of pounds and a court case attempting to move the club to East London. A chairman who has spent less on players (net) than almost any other club in the premiership, and is the first chairman in premiership history not to purchase a single player in the summer window. A chairman of a massive club that has only won one league cup in his seventeen years in the job. A chairman who has taken 17 years to actually build a new stadium, and because he refused to enter into a fixed priced deal has cost the club millions of pounds. A chairman who employed Santini, Ramos, and AVB. Never mind though, because you think he is great, and I suppose that's all that matters

The Fighting Cock was a Podcast before it was a forum, take a listen to one of the pods in the first season, you won't hear about us in the Champions League, you won't hear about the top 4. No in fact you will hear the desire to finish above Woolwich, because it had been years since we'd even achieved that.

You can talk about any chairman making mistakes, because no club has ever had a chairman who only made the right decisions, yup, even Real & Barca who overspent or didn't buy the players when they could have. You might be right, we might have done better, but it's fucking one eyed not to believe we could have done a great deal worse. As for signing the wrong manager, give me a club who has never appointed a manager they regret, just one, I'm struggling with that....

No one wears scarves with Levy's face on or has twitter fan pages for him and he shouldn't be clear of objective criticism. Though the fact is that he's built real foundations for this club that will outlast most posters on this board and steadily turned up the ambitions of the club. To ignore the progress made over the last 17 years takes any credibility from your critique.

There have been many seasons I can recall Europe being a pipe dream, where our ambitions were survival and not losing to Woolwich, the fact we've not won more silverware is a harsh when you look at where we have made progress, even this season, yup not playing well, but won 7 in 9 prem games, a record most clubs envy. Don't get suckered in to thinking we're entitled to silverware or should beat every team we play, that's not being objective that's being delusional.

There's nothing wrong with wanting success, there's everything wrong with expecting it.

To the game, Man City is not one I've been looking forward to, we need to get a handle on our shape, make sure that the midfield press works. Playing defensive against them is incredibly tough because they have so many weapons to split the defence, Mahrez is looking particularly dangerous, but then so is Sterling, Aguero and KDB, they're a very strong side. I'm not holding out much hope of us winning but performance is key here, no Lloris cock ups, Son getting some time to get back in to form and hopefully some magic from Lamela. Being fair I just hope City has an 'off night'!

COYS!

LOL, but your right though. I sometimes think it is an unwritten rule on forums that supporters must not criticise the manager under any circumstances. Poch is a very good manager, but he certainly isn't brilliant, and he still hasn't won anything anywhere he has been. His substitutions and tactics are sometimes questionable, some of his signings have been appalling, and his insistence to play a high line regardless is infuriating. levy on the other hand is just a cancer. Because of the crazy way this site works I have feeling this will get me a ban.
I'm no doctor, but I'm sure that a cancer is something that slowly sucks the life out of its host until it eventually kills it.
Under levy we have risen to being one of the top 4-5 teams in the country, without the aid of massive cash injections or buying silverware. We have played in the (arguably) hardest competition in the world and humiliated former winners of the competition in the process, and we have a team that plays the best football in the 50 years I have been supporting the club. Our team has the captain of the world champions in it, the most sought after striker on the planet, and two other players that can walk into the first team of pretty much any team in the world. On top of that we have moved the club out of an historic relic of a ground into what will be the most hi tech and sophisticated football stadium in the world.

and that's cancer, is it?

To be fair, if we win this Pochettino is a genius and we're a pretty good team. If we lose, it's Levy's fault.

How it works... right?

The family ritual for the stadium journey begins my dear lady is as usual in amazement that it’s almost time to leave and is blithely doing her hair, the young one is demanding the only kit (of the several he has) that isn’t washed and the older one has instructed to collect him on the way but doesn’t say where he is.

giphy.gif

Really you prick...a simple response that you get all bitchy about...fuck me is it sensitive time for you..am I not allowed to politely respond to your post. There was no abuse I hoped you were right. We are all on the same side ..are we not... so nobody is allowed another opinion or you get abusive...ive said it before, if you don't want a discussion get the fuck off a spurs forum and go argue with some other fans who want to bitch at opposition fans ..you wouldn't respond like that if we were talking about the game in the pub.
Oh no, you’re right, in fact I doubt I would be found in one of these pub places. I’ve heard things can get a little excitable as the night goes on. I’ll leave you crazy chaps to that kind of thing.

Anyway, I sincerely apologise. My seven year old must have been on here. You can see from my normal posting history that I always err on the side of decency.

I thought he was just playing Fortnite, but it seems he has been using profanity on the internet. I can’t say I’m proud of this. In fact, I’m mightily ashamed. Curling off shits in Levy’s mouth, telling you to fuck off. Awful.

I do hope you accept my apologies and heartfelt words of condolence. It can’t be enjoyable to open up one’s tablet and find such foul language there in black and white. We never swear in the house, well, I say never, sometimes there’s a ‘bugger’ here and there but I can’t think where he got all these foul expletives from.

Anyway, if there’s anything I can do to repair our relationship, please let me know. I’ve sent Mr Potty mouth to his bed and told him there will be no Halloween for keyboard warriors in this house.

Just got in and reflecting on the game, thought it was our best performance tonight so far this season. We definitely deserved one point at least. Horrendous mistake by Tripps for their goal. Thought Davy had a great game, also Erik ran his heart out, so unlucky not to score. Ben had one of his better games and Sissoko (apart from one real howler) had a good game too. Ref and linesmen were pretty crap, but I know I'm biased. Had to put up with a bloke behind me going on and on and on about how much better City were. I got so fed up with it that I asked him who he actually supported. That shut him up.
Is it wrong of me to wish we hadn't played so well but managed to get a result instead? Suppose I should be happy that they didn't embarrass us, which is what I was expecting, if truth be told.

Hi lads city fan here,Come in peace coming to the game on Monday should be entertaining to say the least.just before I start I’m 53 so really have been there when we were shite also at 81 cup final but won’t mention that. The point I want to make is we’re top of the league but in all honesty haven’t really played out of 3rd gear untill recently we are now firing and playing like we did for most of last season and can only see us getting stronger, mahrez has started to hit form,after a slow start and the whole team now seems to have woken up.Not sure how the pitch is going to play after the weekend or what injuries you may have, just wanted some insight as to how your playing and what to expect anyway I look forward to your responses I’m sure I’ll have to put my tin hat on at some point:)
Call back tomorrow Pep

Back
Top Bottom