Tottenham v Man.City 29/10/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At least the end feels good.
Now we know arent we? Plays the winning team. With Dele Eriksen and Lamela, there is so much passes on the box and so inventive.
Son also could be a part of it. Moura on the other hand are a bit off the links for now.

Fuck Sissoko plays so well. Our best XI might include him and Winks.

I’m honestly encouraged by what I’ve seen especially in later in the second half, I reckon if we avoid any long term injuries we’ll be fine. City weren’t impressive at all, I’d say we deserved a draw but life goes on.

City aren’t as good as they think they are. Their success is built on cynical fouling to break up play.

We deserved more.

Trips made a howling error and Lloris nearly completely sold it again for us. Lamela had a great game but should have slotted his chance away. Apart from that, we were the better side.

Winks is like a young Lothar Matthaus

Night all, at least you can go to bed and realize how clueless you are.

Play your best 11.

Standard.
Wtf are you talking about Dele has been out for a month, first game back and you expect him to start on a shit pitch, Eriksen just played 90 mins midweek after just returning from injury, and to add to that those are 2 players you are always calling to be benched anyway you fool. I wonder if I'll see a single mention of Trippier's shit defending costing us the game in any of your posts.

Sissoko, Lamela, Sanchez and Winks were probably our best performers. Dele had a pretty good impact too.

Onwards and upwards. Winks, Eriksen and Dele in that starting line up and we'll improve our overall play. Aurier and Rose as full backs and we'd look even better.

Hopefully we smash West Ham.

We lost to a team that have spent half a billion, probably the best squad in the whole of Europe and we could have quite easily have drawn the game.

Disappointing to lose as it always is - but none of us expected to go and wipe the floor with Man City today. No one. The fact we were still in the game in the 94th minute says a lot about a team who have by our own words not been at our best, had injury problems and playing at a shit hole of a stadium.
> City bring Agüero off, and are able to replace him with De Bruyne.
> We have to save Dele and Eriksen until the final 20 minutes because they're only just coming back from injury.

That right there is a microcosm of our respective club situations going into this match.
:kanehand:

If we can't overtake Man City this season then I pray to God that these three points mean they finish above Liverpool.
:avbpray:

A point was certainly there for the taking and we had our opportunities and wasted them. Played well but lacked the cutting edge in the final third.

Looking forward to Dele getting back in the lineup. Him and Winks were bright spots when they came on.

Back
Top Bottom