Tottenham v Man.City 29/10/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Take your player agenda elsewhere. Your username is infantile. More concerned with one player than Tottenham.

He is killing our team and momentum, one bad performance at a time.

I'm feeling pretty positive about our chances for the rest of the season, which you'd know if you read the post. We pay our money to go to the games, so we're entitled to comment on performances, individual and collective. I love the club, but it pains me when someone so out of their depth is starting ahead of the likes of Winks and Wanyama.

No agenda, unless wanting Spurs to realise their potential is an agenda fans can't have.

Not great things, but City looked less assured after he came on.
Mandela did great things.
Winks just made an impressive and immediate impact in the middle of the park against one of the best sides in the game. But this adasai rocket thinks Winksy is pish. Fuck me man, when Winks plays with confidence he has all the hallmarks of a world class midfielder. As I said before, forget mini Iniesta, think young Lothar Matthaus.

For me that was a good performance, we competed well. So much better than our insipid display last season.

Conceded another soft goal but we had two golden chances, Kane and Lamela should both have scored.
And Kane wasn't offside, would've been another golden chance as well. Sissoko should've done better in the first half, I mean we easily could have scored 2/3 goals today.

About how we react after losing.

Wolves away on Saturday night will NOT be easy. But with Woolwich/Liverpool playing eachother and one of, if not both, teams dropping points it'd be great for us to get all 3 points and get back up there.

He is killing our team and momentum, one bad performance at a time.

I'm feeling pretty positive about our chances for the rest of the season, which you'd know if you read the post. We pay our money to go to the games, so we're entitled to comment on performances, individual and collective. I love the club, but it pains me when someone so out of their depth is starting ahead of the likes of Winks and Wanyama.

No agenda, unless wanting Spurs to realise their potential is an agenda fans can't have.
He scored a fucking worldy against those doped up pricks a few seasons ago. He has that in his locker just needs to get his head right.

Again? Fuck off
Really you prick...a simple response that you get all bitchy about...fuck me is it sensitive time for you..am I not allowed to politely respond to your post. There was no abuse I hoped you were right. We are all on the same side ..are we not... so nobody is allowed another opinion or you get abusive...ive said it before, if you don't want a discussion get the fuck off a spurs forum and go argue with some other fans who want to bitch at opposition fans ..you wouldn't respond like that if we were talking about the game in the pub.

About how we react after losing.

Wolves away on Saturday night will NOT be easy. But with Woolwich/Liverpool playing eachother and one of, if not both, teams dropping points it'd be great for us to get all 3 points and get back up there.

Better not to watch that game on Emirates.

So, odd to separate heart and head with this game. First off I enjoyed it.

Let me get this out of my system now, Trippier is our weakest link, diabolical defending AGAIN, time and time again he is the oppo target, time and time again it pays off for them.

We need better Fullbacks, whilst Davies is the better defender, just look at City's FB's far superior to ours (This includes Mendy who I thought was their worst player), they are able to get up and down the pitch all night and they can defend, ultimately nullifying our attacks (again all this despite Mendy losing his individual battles against us).

City were the better side in the first half, both teams were very physical and aggressive, but City edged it when it came to the 2nd ball, in attack they looked more likely to score than we did. The midfield was a war with both sides winning and conceding possession but it was in attack that City's quality showed. They pulled our defence about on a number of occasions.

Despite this and Trippiers diabolical defending we were always in the half and no point, apart from immediately after they scored did I think we were going to get spanked. There was a determination and grit to what we were doing, we refused to lie down.

Second half we were the better side, even though City still opened up a couple of chances, one early on they should have scored from. But we started to dominate the midfield, it was still a war and both sides were aggressive but we started to win more 1st and 2nd ball. We transitioned better than them too but our final ball was largely shit.

Mentions for Sissoko AGAIN who was excellent, Lamela, what a player he is, ran his socks off all night and was the only e=genuine threat we possessed until late Dele and Eriksen came on, gutted for him with the miss, did the ball bobble up on the pitch or was is just a miss? Shout also for Lloris, one superb save in the first half that kept us in it. Also, Winks looked superb.

So why did I start with difficult to separate from heart and head, this performance and the once against PSV have been more like old Spurs, the performance has been good. But we've ended up losing both of them. So the odd feeling continues, crap performances rewarded with wins, much, much better performances rewarded with losses (Inter, PSV and now City).

So I feel better about the direction we are going in because we are starting to play a lot better, we have Eriksen, Dele coming back into fitness is huge (both gave us a bit more bite in attack too).

Last edited:
Things I took from tonight’s match.

1. We have improved on set piece defending.
2. Still some individual errors at the back.
3. We have depth.. Eriksen, Son, Dele and Winks all on the bench.
4. Winks has to start the next match.

We could/should have got a point from that match. Lamela should have scored, Kane should have done better and some of the corners were disappointing.

No shame in losing to City. I thought we played well.

So, odd to separate heart and head with this game. First off I enjoyed it.

Let me get this out of my system now, Trippier is our weakest link, diabolical defending AGAIN, time and time again he is the oppo target, time and time again it pays off for them.

We need better Fullbacks, whilst Davies is the better defender, just look at City's FB's far superior to ours (This includes Mendy who I thought was their worst player), they are able to get up and down the pitch all night and they can defend, ultimately nullifying our attacks (again all this despite Mendy losing his individual battles against us).

City were the better side in the first half, both teams were very physical and aggressive, but City edged it when it came to the 2nd ball, in attack they looked more likely to score than we did. The midfield was a war with both sides winning and conceding possession but it was in attack that City's quality showed. They pulled our defence about on a number of occasions.

Despite this and Trippiers diabolical defending we were always in the half and no point, apart from immediately after the scored did I think we were going to get spanked. There was a determination and grit to what we were doing, we refused to lie down.

Second half we were the better side, even though City still opened up a couple of chances, one early on they should have scored from. But started to dominate the midfield, it was still a war and both sides were aggressive but we started to win more 1st and 2nd ball. We transitioned better than them too but our final ball was largely shit.

Mentioned for Sissoko AGIAN who was excellent, Lamela, what a player he is, ran his socks off all night and was the only e=genuine threat we possessed until late Dele and Eriksen came on, gutted for him with the miss, did the ball bobble up on the pitch or was is just a miss? Shout also for Lloris, one superb save in the first half that kept us in it. Also, Winks looked superb.

So why did I start with difficult to separate from heart and head, this performance and the once against PSV have been more like old Spurs, the performance has been good. But we've ended up losing both of them. So the odd feeling continues, crap performances rewarded with wins, much, much better performances rewarded with losses (Inter, PSV and now City).

So I feel better about the direction we are going in because we are starting to play a lot better, we have Eriksen, Dele coming back into fitness is huge (both gave us a bit more bite in attack too).

Our fullbacks are shit, but theirs weren’t much better tonight. Both Mendy and Walker were awful.

Back
Top Bottom