Tottenham v Man.City 29/10/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Trippier having Sané flashbacks.

tenor.gif

Wasn't a bad half at all in all honesty.

NEED to stop gifting teams silly goals though. I can take a well worked goal, I can take a screamer. But pretty much HANDING a team a goal on a plate, so early on, is inexcusable. Enough so to get yourself dropped for the foreseeable future.

Sissoko and Lamela probably our best players. It's great that we have Son, Eriksen and Dele to look to on the bench.

Mine was the Barca game, mainly because some random cunt assaulted me in the crush for the tube

I now have a lovely scar above my lip because the petulant child thought he was more important than the other 50,000 held in the kettle, and to make things worse, he wasn't even at the game, just some classless local pushing through

So I'm done with Wembley now unless my 7yo says he wants to go on Boxing day. Otherwise I can wait until we get home to N17 - tbh, give a shit about missing games in that freezing cold soulless cauldron

Suppose its also a bit easier on me as I lived overseas for 2 years (so had to give my S/T to a friend as I couldn't get home for matches), so this is just a similar soujourn for me...

as for last night - was expecting worse, felt we held our own, and know that if we had at least a fully fit Jan and one of Dele/Eriksen, that game ends differently last night

now lets see how well we can do 3 more games in 9 days.....

Sorry to hear that Jim.

Like Chuckle I have a hell of a round trip, and like him and Joe and others, I'm getting more and more pissed off w Wembley. I didn't recognise a single ST around me last night, and everyone spoke Spanish. It does feel, like Poch said, that the situation is sucking the life out of then club. But.....

first, I hate the self-important set of fans on here (and everywhere else) who seem to think the club owe them a perfect weekend and complain when it lets them down and makes them 'angry' - well, it doesn't lads, its a football club. Be like Mrs P - support the club & support the lads, or piss off. I'm not joining your clan

second, if Poch stays and Dele, Christian, Toby etc sign new contracts, and we make a big signing in Jan or July then the mood will quickly change

third, the season isn't 'over' - we're battling for top 4 and, most likely, have a few great European nights ahead in the Europa - for the last 50 years that would count or me as a great and exciting season; I know some of you think this is a 'loser mentality', not to me it isn't

last, giving up a half day to support your team through good times and bad, rain and shine, is what I enjoy, its life, without the lows there can be no highs. Would I swap places with those Manc fans singing 'championes' last night? not in a million years - their club was sold and runs on dirty money, mine still exists and is trying to do something different

oh, and before I go and just to show I'm not Mr-self-righteous-bloody-perfect-fan, I still think Sissoko is shit, and running about miskicking the ball doesn't cut it, even if you sometimes do a lot of it, at pace; he's a good lad, and he tries, but he's still the worst player in the squad.

Sissoko, Lamela, Sanchez and Winks were probably our best performers. Dele had a pretty good impact too.

Onwards and upwards. Winks, Eriksen and Dele in that starting line up and we'll improve our overall play. Aurier and Rose as full backs and we'd look even better.

Hopefully we smash West Ham.

I’m usually the first to go hardcore bastard against our team where I think it’s justified, but I feel optimistic after that performance.
Winks is seriously on the boil. We have a formidable team and decent enough depth. Given that the champions league is gone, we should go on an almighty run in the league. And I think we will - the players will take a lot of positives from that game.

Still pissed off with the state of this team and the shambolic summer that will probably prove to be it's undoing. We've been wasting precious time in the last few years by fucking about in the transfer windows. We've a once in a lifetime striker dumped in our lap who will soon be entering his peak. We should have invested in our squad and pushed on.

Now Eriksen, Alderweireld, Vertonghen and Dembele are on their way out, 4 key players. We can't replace them in a single summer so that means more seasons of transition and before we know it, Kane will either be looking elsewhere or we have wasted his best years. Absolute fucking shambles from you, Levy, you bald fucking cunt. Poch's recent comments aren't too optimistic either, now with Lopetegui being sacked.

Just fuck off with your pathetic, miserable groaning.
Do you get some kind of kick out of it?

Things are not nearly as bad as you make them look.

Really afraid of our games against top teams this season. We don’t look a big team this season.

Not sure.

We beat Utd away.
Could have ended up with a point against Liverpool if a blatant last minute penalty was given.
Could have ended up with a point against City if Lamela didn't miss a good chance.

Frustrating that two games against top 6 have been at home and we've lost both but I have no doubt we can beat Utd, Woolwich and Chelsea at home and hopefully sneak another away win.

We are getting better. Plus that's never been our problem. Our biggest problem has been results against those at the bottom of table, according to last season anyway.

How this site works is a bunch of Trolls / Fake Fans / Idiots only appear to post their bile when Spurs lose or there is some anti-spurs gossip doing the rounds .... these posters are well know tossers who's opinion means shit ....

Any fan (Spurs or otherwise) can see that off the pich Levy has moved Spurs from West Ham level to top six, might have taken 17 years but it's happened ....

On the pitch again any fan (Spurs or otherwise) can see we have a manager who's in the top half dozen in the EPL and a squad that has proven itself with consecutive 5th, 3rd, 2nd,. 3rd finishes ....

All that on a budget that is half City/ Utd / Chelsea and two thirds of Liverpool / Woolwich ...

Are we the top side in Europe, no but then is any other team but one ... are we the top side in the EPL no but again nor are Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Woolwich either ...

Troll away John ... but we all know it will be the same tedious repetitive shite ...

Here's a thought, when you're a 'supporter' there is a big clue in the name about how you should behave towards your team ... I'll spell it out, you should 'support' them .... don't know who your team is but it's clearly not us ...
Hmmm...

Trolls / Fake Fans / Idiots = people who dont agree with me
Real fans = People who do

Glad thats been cleared up

Back
Top Bottom