Tottenham v Man.City 29/10/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we have any chance of winning this Dier has to be dropped. Hopefully a combo of Dembele and Wanyama in dm/cm and Aurier in for Trippier to combat their pace. Rose will be back too? What has happened to Davies this season? Barely seems able to complete a pass or tackle, and he's one of the few first team players who had the summer off!

If we sit back and try to contain them we will get dominated. I'd like to see us play on the front foot as let's be honest City are not a good defensive side. Walker Stones Mendy cannot defend in the slightest. Bit of luck needed for sure but if we don't concede a soft early goal and play ourselves into it then we could snatch a win. Hopefully the mistakes from Wednesday will galvanise a strong reaction!

COYS

How this site works is a bunch of Trolls / Fake Fans / Idiots only appear to post their bile when Spurs lose or there is some anti-spurs gossip doing the rounds .... these posters are well know tossers who's opinion means shit ....

Any fan (Spurs or otherwise) can see that off the pich Levy has moved Spurs from West Ham level to top six, might have taken 17 years but it's happened ....

On the pitch again any fan (Spurs or otherwise) can see we have a manager who's in the top half dozen in the EPL and a squad that has proven itself with consecutive 5th, 3rd, 2nd,. 3rd finishes ....

All that on a budget that is half City/ Utd / Chelsea and two thirds of Liverpool / Woolwich ...

Are we the top side in Europe, no but then is any other team but one ... are we the top side in the EPL no but again nor are Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Woolwich either ...

Troll away John ... but we all know it will be the same tedious repetitive shite ...

Here's a thought, when you're a 'supporter' there is a big clue in the name about how you should behave towards your team ... I'll spell it out, you should 'support' them .... don't know who your team is but it's clearly not us ...

Bravo

If we have any chance of winning this Dier has to be dropped. Hopefully a combo of Dembele and Wanyama in dm/cm and Aurier in for Trippier to combat their pace. Rose will be back too? What has happened to Davies this season? Barely seems able to complete a pass or tackle, and he's one of the few first team players who had the summer off!

If we sit back and try to contain them we will get dominated. I'd like to see us play on the front foot as let's be honest City are not a good defensive side. Walker Stones Mendy cannot defend in the slightest. Bit of luck needed for sure but if we don't concede a soft early goal and play ourselves into it then we could snatch a win. Hopefully the mistakes from Wednesday will galvanise a strong reaction!

COYS

Hopefully Dele will get on at some time

How this site works is a bunch of Trolls / Fake Fans / Idiots only appear to post their bile when Spurs lose or there is some anti-spurs gossip doing the rounds .... these posters are well know tossers who's opinion means shit ....

Any fan (Spurs or otherwise) can see that off the pich Levy has moved Spurs from West Ham level to top six, might have taken 17 years but it's happened ....

On the pitch again any fan (Spurs or otherwise) can see we have a manager who's in the top half dozen in the EPL and a squad that has proven itself with consecutive 5th, 3rd, 2nd,. 3rd finishes ....

All that on a budget that is half City/ Utd / Chelsea and two thirds of Liverpool / Woolwich ...

Are we the top side in Europe, no but then is any other team but one ... are we the top side in the EPL no but again nor are Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Woolwich either ...

Troll away John ... but we all know it will be the same tedious repetitive shite ...

Here's a thought, when you're a 'supporter' there is a big clue in the name about how you should behave towards your team ... I'll spell it out, you should 'support' them .... don't know who your team is but it's clearly not us ...

So let's get this straight. Unless you say nothing but positive things you are not a supporter, you are a troll. Just asking ?

We're two points off the top of the league while enduring a protracted injury/reffing/stadium crisis.
Do you not think that is impressive?
What signings are you referring to when you say "appalling"?
Levy took the club from mid-table to top-4. Does cancer usually improve the hosts health? I forget... (/s)

giphy.gif

Yes we are 2 points from the top, but look at the teams we have played. Come on, you know as well as me that we do not look good this season. Honestly, I rate Poch, but he is not beyond criticism. As far as appalling signings go, here are some for you. Try, Fazio, Stambouli, Njie, Sissoko, Janssen, Nkoudou, Llorente. There are few others I could mention, but will give him the benefit of the doubt.

Now Levy, the man who attempted to take us to East London. Don't for one minute think that was a hoax, because if he had done the right deal that would have happened. We have one of the lowest net spends on players in the prem, which demonstrates his ambition. He is the man other clubs don't want to negotiate with, and that really isn't a good thing. He was responsible for employing, Santini, Ramos, and AVB. Ultimately he is the man responsible for making Spurs the most expensive club in the WORLD to watch, yet we have only won one league cup in the last ten years. Yes, we have a new stadium on the way, but this has taken him 17 years, and even that is a cock up.

You don't need any special insights, we play the same way no matter the opposition. We're decent but also very predictable to play against. I wish Poch would get us fired up and let the shackles off for big games like this as then we could beat you but I very much doubt he will. So I predict three points for you sadly. Even if we go ahead we won't kill the game so you'll be able to come back into it.

We played differently against Madrid and Dortmund last year.

Hmmm...

Trolls / Fake Fans / Idiots = people who dont agree with me
Real fans = People who do

Glad thats been cleared up

No disrespect and I know you're a good poster and love Spurs but this very post sums up the "We used to be not very good so we should just be thankful for where we are" mentality that means we'll never push on and really compete with the big boys for the major honours. Its music to the ears of the owners.
And more than that, the owners demand the highest ticket prices in the country from spurs fans. Why should spurs fans not demand the highest quality of football in return.

Rose being out is by far the worst news. Davies has been dreadful lately and city's forwards are gonna tear him to shreds. Fuck
None of the goals conceded last Wednesday were his fault so you do not need to have a go at him. Pick someone else or few others.

Yes Davies performances is been poor but that is his limit, at least he is not making silly mistakes. May be he is at the wrong club as was suggested by someone in this forum can't remember who he was.

I hope Sissoko plays, I don't think Wanyama in his current state will work.
Would be happy with same team that started against west ham
Sissoko did plenty against them to justify his selection.
Quite relaxed about this one, obviously will be bricking it just before kick off, but I feel we are going to put in a good showing.
We certainly have plenty of players for them to worry about. Perhaps Walker can have a few calamities for old times sake too.

Back
Top Bottom