Tottenham v Man.City 29/10/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The three that instantly come to mind are Woolwich away in his first season and then Dortmund and Real Madrid in the Champions League last season.

There have been times where changing tactics and personnel mid game have changed games for us and we've ended up winning because of it but in terms of going into the game with a clear game plan to halt the opposition, it's a rarity.

What will likely cost us today is playing out the back needlessly.

Would be the sole reason to play Llorente alongside Kane if we hoofed it from the back in this one game.

If they do, we will give City a helluva game. They ain’t invincible and if we press the fuck out of them & not give them a seconds peace, they won’t like it. Sit back & it will be a procession. Am just gutted that we have to play Wham within 48 hours. But turn these fuckers over tonight & I wont be too upset whatever happens on Wednesday.
Sorry SouthStand Billy SouthStand Billy
:pochbye:

No way I want us out on Wednesday.

On a shit pitch might as well get the likes of Aurier, Sissoko, Lamela etc, hard workers with power and try and get a bit in their faces.

Departing shortly to attempt to make an alcohol-free evening of it in Wembley. As others have said, I just hope we show up today and can leave the field with our heads held high, regardless of the result. I can't help but feel that anything other than a loss would be a very welcome feeling.

The family ritual for the stadium journey begins my dear lady is as usual in amazement that it’s almost time to leave and is blithely doing her hair, the young one is demanding the only kit (of the several he has) that isn’t washed and the older one has instructed to collect him on the way but doesn’t say where he is.

I remember (may have misremembered) we tried pressing City full press and Edison just pinged it to Sane' (then passed to Salah a few months later), he was great at it that day.

I sort of remember another time when we tried to play it a bit longer (maybe when they thrashed us 2-2, we were really rubbish and lucky to get the result).

I don't go into many games with little to no hope but I think these have the measure of us no matter what we play.

State of the pitch a bit earlier.

1zenXYoSqgLfjTPhqoEKMqg-1.gif

Back
Top Bottom