Tottenham v Man.City 29/10/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Disappointed with the result, had a couple of great opportunities to score.

But on upside, having Dele and Eriksen back is great. Winks looked good too. Hopefully we will start to create more with them on the pitch.

What a shame we didn't walk away against an iffy Man City tonight with at least a point. Sadly we just miss a little bit of creativity through the middle when Eriksen isn't on or in form and our game becomes a little bit pot luck with work occurring through the wider areas.

Lamela is starting to look really good, even if he missed such a big sitter. His all round game is looking really promising which is great to see. Dele made a huge impact he's such an important player and Winks looked sharp when he came on.

I do think we really need to find some top quality full backs, a DM that is busy and can add something and someone who can score a goal from CM.

Quick question, have we become a little bit predictable in our style? I said it before and I say it again but tha need for a genuine home advantage is so vital. The boys would have been roared on so much more than we heard at Wembley this evening it really isn't something that should get overlooked.

We weren't favourites so no need to be disheartened, just got to focus on the next game(s) now. COYS

Really you prick...a simple response that you get all bitchy about...fuck me is it sensitive time for you..am I not allowed to politely respond to your post. There was no abuse I hoped you were right. We are all on the same side ..are we not... so nobody is allowed another opinion or you get abusive...ive said it before, if you don't want a discussion get the fuck off a spurs forum and go argue with some other fans who want to bitch at opposition fans ..you wouldn't respond like that if we were talking about the game in the pub.
Oh no, you’re right, in fact I doubt I would be found in one of these pub places. I’ve heard things can get a little excitable as the night goes on. I’ll leave you crazy chaps to that kind of thing.

Anyway, I sincerely apologise. My seven year old must have been on here. You can see from my normal posting history that I always err on the side of decency.

I thought he was just playing Fortnite, but it seems he has been using profanity on the internet. I can’t say I’m proud of this. In fact, I’m mightily ashamed. Curling off shits in Levy’s mouth, telling you to fuck off. Awful.

I do hope you accept my apologies and heartfelt words of condolence. It can’t be enjoyable to open up one’s tablet and find such foul language there in black and white. We never swear in the house, well, I say never, sometimes there’s a ‘bugger’ here and there but I can’t think where he got all these foul expletives from.

Anyway, if there’s anything I can do to repair our relationship, please let me know. I’ve sent Mr Potty mouth to his bed and told him there will be no Halloween for keyboard warriors in this house.

Quick question, have we become a little bit predictable in our style? I said it before and I say it again but tha need for a genuine home advantage is so vital. The boys would have been roared on so much more than we heard at Wembley this evening it really isn't something that should get overlooked.
I'd definitely say this is at least a factor. We aren't exactly known to be tactically flexible.

Yeah, sorry for having a go mate - it’s like a default. I’ll work on it.
No worries, I'm the same after a loss, especially when being a bit more clinical we'd have come away with at least a draw.

I'd like to see KWP and Aurier start vs WHU. At this point, Trippier must be as knackered as Kane and Davies for some reason seems to be getting worse.

I mentioned elsewhere that we look very one dimensional going forwards at the moment. I think we've not scored a goal that hasn't been from a pen or cross since the before the Huddersfield game. Clearly need the guile of Eriksen and the pace/directness of Son/Alli. Really pleased with Lamela this season. Everything good we've done has come from him. If we can get Alli, Lamela, Moura, Son, Eriksen and Kane fully fit and firing we will be very hard to contain!

Giving goals away in the first 15 minutes though has got to stop.

Back
Top Bottom