Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will be interesting to see how this pans out.

The day after TFC declared that Poch is not anything to do with our teams morale, the rumours start to surface.
Poch was unhappy and furious remember?
Showdown talks. Shafted.

So I guess you must believe there could be truth in this trickle down effect? Right?

Noooooo of course you don’t, of course Real Madrid has nothing to do with it either.

Timing is everything. Just hope his fan club fucks off with him if he ditches us.

Matt Law in the Telegraph wrote that the same day as Dele Alli signed a new 6 year contract......

Newspapers should really stick to reporting the news
Matt Law also wrote no more than two weeks ago that Tottenham now has a serious problem following Luke Shaw signing a new contract, the pressure is all on Tottenham.........
68747470733a2f2f34392e6d656469612e74756d626c722e636f6d2f35656532613364356239366139356139623034616435373837663431333662342f74756d626c725f6f3175376972656a617231747a6e6637716f325f3530302e676966

I remember his informative piece on Lamela's dog so well too.......one of the true greats.

Matt Law also wrote no more than two weeks ago that Tottenham now has a serious problem following Luke Shaw signing a new contract, the pressure is all on Tottenham.........
68747470733a2f2f34392e6d656469612e74756d626c722e636f6d2f35656532613364356239366139356139623034616435373837663431333662342f74756d626c725f6f3175376972656a617231747a6e6637716f325f3530302e676966

I remember his informative piece on Lamela's dog so well too.......one of the true greats.

Is he ok when he reports stuff you like?

Or do you say it can’t be true as well

But when the papers wrote that the players had complained about fatigue, no one had a problem with it

What are you going on about?

Someone can clearly make a comment about a team seeming tired, as they actually play games and there are metrics which measure how far they run and at what intensity.

It's impossible to comment on an entire squads state of mind without talking to all of them.......there are no quotes in his story

If the likes of Kane, Alli, Son and Lamela can sign extensions to their contracts then more than half the problem is sorted.

As one or two have said, sure Pochettino has every right to be miffed at the stadium issue but surely was partly to blame for the summer inactivity but now he either stops talking inner disquiet or accepts a job offer if one is being made? The buying club can stump up at that point.

Name me however one of our managers who has gone on to better things in the last 30 years plus when they left us.

If anything Pochettino should worry that a new manager might just have a better eye in the transfer market and get even more out of the players.

People seem to want to distance the managers effect on the team.
Pochettino only affects the good stuff.
The negative is all Levy.

If Poch leaves its Levy’s fault, not Pochs decision, despite signing a five year deal a few months ago.
Of the team play poorly it’s the players and Levy’s fault.

Dele and Kane’s dips in form? Hmm tricky one......that must be Trippiers fault.
Grown men with favorites, that can’t see what it is.

Poch says he’s never felt worse two days ago, but people blindly going to deny he could walk.
People slagging off our squad and window and saying Liverpool had a better season last year despite finishing below us, now losing their shit because someone says they are doing better than us. While they sit top, and four places above us.
Work that out??

Now it’s just hit disagree and act like they all think we’re the bollocks all of a sudden.
What a fucking farce this place is.

What are you going on about?

Someone can clearly make a comment about a team seeming tired, as they actually play games and there are metrics which measure how far they run and at what intensity.

It's impossible to comment on an entire squads state of mind without talking to all of them.......there are no quotes in his story

The unquoted story said “players hav complained of fatigue”
No issues

The new unquoted story says “players fear Poch leaving”
Issues

Is he ok when he reports stuff you like?

Or do you say it can’t be true as well
I have my own views and stand by my views. If his aren't in-line with mine I'm going to say so. If he writes stuff that are in-line with mine I'm going to say so.

Just so happens that he wrote a story following Luke Shaw's new contract, the story was only about Tottenham, not Luke Shaw but Tottenham, not Man U but Tottenham. Two weeks later and the problems that he said that Tottenham now has because Luke Shaw signed a new deal with Man U are laid to rest with Dele signing a new contract, he wrote that this would happen.

So not too sure where you stand on this Sammy, but we've known each other a long time through this forum and I'm surprised you are not joining in ramming his article back down his arse. Unless you share his view of cause and if you do then I'm more than happy to ram it down yours.
:dierpochhug:

I have my own views and stand by my views. If his aren't in-line with mine I'm going to say so. If he writes stuff that are in-line with mine I'm going to say so.

Just so happens that he wrote a story following Luke Shaw's new contract, the story was only about Tottenham, not Luke Shaw but Tottenham, not Man U but Tottenham. Two weeks later and the problems that he said that Tottenham now has because Luke Shaw signed a new deal with Man U are laid to rest with Dele signing a new contract, he wrote that this would happen.

So not too sure where you stand on this Sammy, but we've known each other a long time through this forum and I'm surprised you are not joining in ramming his article back down his arse. Unless you share his view of cause and if you do then I'm more than happy to ram it down yours.
:dierpochhug:

My only stance is:

Spurs aren’t playing very good football.
Signings and injuries aside, we are not playing very good football.
We are woeful in the final third.
We don’t press.
I have no confidence that we can score any time right up until the 90th minute and beyond.
I’ve lost all confidence that even at 2-0 up, we should be ok.
I don’t think Poch is happy.
I don’t think the players are happy.

All the things Poch brought to the club, and the stability and confidence looks a little shakey right now.
I won’t be shocked if Poch walks, where as this time last year it would have left me stunned.

Now, people can talk about not signing Grealish etc as the root of all our problems, but you’re an intelligent and passionate fan, and surely you must share at least some of the concerns I listed above.

You were very clear to define what came out of Pochs mouth yesterday. Well he also said “I’ve never felt worse in my time here” despite the points tally.

So it’s not about Matt Law maybe or maybe not jumping on an opportunity to kick Spurs. I’ve defended Spurs all summer against the majority of this forum....just find it rich that as soon as I have complaint, everyone is the biggest and most pro THFC poster in the world suddenly.

Someone called Levy a bald Jewish cunt yesterday. And got less stick than me for saying Poch has a part in our poor style of play.

Says it all.

People seem to want to distance the managers effect on the team.
Pochettino only affects the good stuff.
The negative is all Levy.

If Poch leaves its Levy’s fault, not Pochs decision, despite signing a five year deal a few months ago.
Of the team play poorly it’s the players and Levy’s fault.

Dele and Kane’s dips in form? Hmm tricky one......that must be Trippiers fault.
Grown men with favorites, that can’t see what it is.

Poch says he’s never felt worse two days ago, but people blindly going to deny he could walk.
People slagging off our squad and window and saying Liverpool had a better season last year despite finishing below us, now losing their shit because someone says they are doing better than us. While they sit top, and four places above us.
Work that out??

Now it’s just hit disagree and act like they all think we’re the bollocks all of a sudden.
What a fucking farce this place is.
You are the biggest melt on this site, we are 5th in the table 5 points off the top with just 10 games played, 2 of the top 4 play each other on the weekend so we will most likely be sitting in 4th come sunday. You must have really bad short term memory, but I can't remember the last time we started this well, usually we are miles off already at this point in the season and playing even worse than we are now, we always go on a good run from around december to march/april. I don't know what you expect from this side, you have just deluded yourself into thinking that we have the best squad in the league and that when teams like Man City and Liverpool strengthen it means nothing.

You have a weird agenda against our best players that whenever we lose it has to be their fault because they have to play 10/10 every single game, and you will never shift the blame to the players who have actually made mistakes that costing us the game, yet will throw your toys out the pram when our stars don't start a game. You've been banging on all season about how shit Eriksen and Dele have been and how they should be dropped, but then they don't start against City and you have a hissy fit.

Poch also said in his pre match interview with sky that he was completely committed to spurs when asked about his comments the other day, funny you haven't once mentioned those quotes. You called out people like John and the Dane for giving up on us half way through the season, yet you've given up after 10 games, and after our best ever start.

You are the biggest melt on this site, we are 5th in the table 5 points off the top with just 10 games played, 2 of the top 4 play each other on the weekend so we will most likely be sitting in 4th come sunday. You must have really bad short term memory, but I can't remember the last time we started this well, usually we are miles off already at this point in the season and playing even worse than we are now, we always go on a good run from around december to march/april. I don't know what you expect from this side, you have just deluded yourself into thinking that we have the best squad in the league and that when teams like Man City and Liverpool strengthen it means nothing.

You have a weird agenda against our best players that whenever we lose it has to be their fault because they have to play 10/10 every single game, and you will never shift the blame to the players who have actually made mistakes that costing us the game, yet will throw your toys out the pram when our stars don't start a game. You've been banging on all season about how shit Eriksen and Dele have been and how they should be dropped, but then they don't start against City and you have a hissy fit.

Poch also said in his pre match interview with sky that he was completely committed to spurs when asked about his comments the other day, funny you haven't once mentioned those quotes. You called out people like John and the Dane for giving up on us half way through the season, yet you've given up after 10 games, and after our best ever start.

Listen pal, you post and run, so why should I answer you....I responded to you yesterday and you legged it after I had pointed out to you that you say we have improved just because "Sammy is melting" and you want to disagree.
Yet you spent the whole summer cunting off the chairman and saying we wernt good enough.

So I´ll post it again, and you can adress it and then come back to me if you want debate. If you dont, then dont quote me.

So we've improved? Why have you been slating the chairman all summer then?
Since then he has bought:
Nkoudou
Wanyama
Sissoko
Janssen
Sanchez
Moura
Aurier
Llorente
Foyth
At a cost of roughly £180M. He's also tied down Poch, Kane and Dele to huge contracts.

You said we have improved from that. How has the manager been shafted, as some put it?
Personally, I think we played better during the Leicester season...I think Kane, Dele, Dier, Rose, Dembele, Lloris, Eriksen and Wanyama all performed better than recently.

I think we have strengthened the squad, put in a good show the last three seasons, but this season something is off with the same players and same manager.
You dont want to see the point Im making, and I cant force you too, so continue to deny theres an issue, but I find it odd that you feel we need to improve and the window was a joke, if everything is ok.

Answer that first if you want to continue......stop being selective and running off when you cant answer, then coming back the next day like you´re on top of your game

I think we should get shot and get a real manager in..
Managed a massive east London club, in a state of the art iconic stadium - check
Beautiful football - check
A 100% win rate as England boss - check

Big Sam Allardyce...tailor made for the job......

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see how this pans out.

The day after TFC declared that Poch is not anything to do with our teams morale, the rumours start to surface.
Poch was unhappy and furious remember?
Showdown talks. Shafted.

So I guess you must believe there could be truth in this trickle down effect? Right?

Noooooo of course you don’t, of course Real Madrid has nothing to do with it either.

Timing is everything. Just hope his fan club fucks off with him if he ditches us.

Yes how dare us spurs fans back our boss. Fucking fuck off you despicable cunt.

Last edited:
Listen pal, you post and run, so why should I answer you....I responded to you yesterday and you legged it after I had pointed out to you that you say we have improved just because "Sammy is melting" and you want to disagree.
Yet you spent the whole summer cunting off the chairman and saying we wernt good enough.

So I´ll post it again, and you can adress it and then come back to me if you want debate. If you dont, then dont quote me.

Answer that first if you want to continue......stop being selective and running off when you cant answer, then coming back the next day like you´re on top of your game
I didn't "leg it", I was busy and not on the site, your point was a shit one, because we have improved from the 15/16 season doesn't mean we've improved enough to compete at the top of the table....there you go there's your point answered, the prem was dogshit in 15/16, hence why we came 3rd with 70 points, that would of got us 5th last season. You can try spin all you want , I've never been one to cunt off Levy, however this summer was an absolute shambles, there's no other way to view it and yet despite that, despite the fact most of our side didn't have a pre-season and despite the fact we've had an unusual amount of injuries,we are sitting within touching distance of the top sides, I would say the manager that you want rid of is doing a fine job this season.

Yes how dare us spurs fans back our boss. Fucking die you despicable cunt.
You can fuck off to Real Madrid with him then mate I don’t care. I support Spurs.
While Poch is here I’m behind him, and yes I can still be critical of him and feel he has weaknesses.

The moment he leaves, he becomes history and I move on though......people acting all outraged while they didn’t mind calling other managers out.
Piss off mate, I’m not the one....shove your internet beef up your fucking cunt pal.

Back
Top Bottom