Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Were Poch’s words Ill advised, maybe or maybe not but one thing I know Poch has been the least outwardly vocal manager in pretty much living memory at our club.

Levy appears to be one hell of a difficult barstard to work with and most manager prior to Poch had some form of bust up. If anything I have sometimes been hoping he would be more outspoken at times as mainly Poch talks but says nothing. Suggesting he is giving nothing away nor is he trying to piss of Levy.

This recent chat was different and quite uncharacteristic of Pochettino, to me more than the individual points he raised suggests he is either hoping a change of tactic will change Levy’s approach or more seriously he is looking to maybe go due to frustration. Hard to tell but I get a feeling this summer is going to be turbulent.

Look it’s obvious they’re playing better than us at the moment, but as I said, Klopp’s had it easy compared to Poch. He’s had money to spend, they’re playing at their own ground, he isn’t constantly fielding questions from the press about a lack of trophies or want away players and their fanbase think he’s the messiah.

Just because I defend Poch doesn’t mean I think he’s perfect, but I’m grateful for what he’s done for the club and I’m not going to turn on him after some iffy football.

‘Treason’ was OTT.
To be honest klopp was getting stick last year these things go in cycles when your down your down and everyone jumps on you, Liverpool have improved and are better than us stagnant at the moment 3 defeats in the league 2 in the CL and almost out of it pretty turgid stuff right now.

Klopp is clearly the better manager and most outside of our supporter base would acknowledge that. It’s doesnt make Poch a bad manager but let’s not delude ourselves here. They haven’t really spent big during his tenure as well - the only large net spend came last summer which most of it was covered by their CL campaign. They follow the same model as us so the notion that they have huge market capacity is quite absurd.

Klopp is clearly the better manager and most outside of our supporter base would acknowledge that. It’s doesnt make Poch a bad manager but let’s not delude ourselves here. They haven’t really spent big during his tenure as well - the only large net spend came last summer which most of it was covered by their CL campaign. They follow the same model as us so the notion that they have huge market capacity is quite absurd.

Yet he’s never finished above Pochettino and with more resources. Clearly a better manager? Get out.

The turd has refused to flush again

They haven't really spent big, apart from that one time they spent big.

So they have consistently spent big then? The reality is that they haven’t because their net spend reflects that. It’s like trying to argue that we are large spenders because we spent close to £100 on Soldaldo, Lamela, Paulinho etc in one window. Don’t be so stupid and please don’t waste my time with such nonsense.

Don’t be so stupid and please don’t waste my time with such nonsense.

You're on a forum talking to picture of a man holding a sausage. And you're a pidgeon. I can't promise we're not wasting time.

Look, sure, net spend. Whatever. Klopp has been significantly more supported by Liverpool in terms of signings. I'm not saying he's not a good manager (although he is a cunt who acts like a massive wanker on the sideline and has stupid teeth), but Poch has finished above him in every season to date. With fewer signings. Whilst playing without a home venue.

I don't know how you can argue, therfore, that Klopp is 'clearly better'.

Best manager in the 10+ years I have been following the EPL. Don't think there is an argument over that and he has done more than most could have achieved at a side like ours.

Imagine Mourinho here? Media shambles and overall bad juju because of the lack of backing.

Pep? Same as above, but more passive-aggressive in his jousts at the board whereas Mourinho is just direct.

Klopp? Think he would do alright here as Dortmund has a similarly small budget model.

This job isn't for everyone and if Poch is as loyal as we all think he is, he is going to be rewarded for his ability to thrive in tough circumstances.

Just look back at AVB when he wasn't backed and his targets didn't come in. He did get 7 new toys, but he quickly was found out.

In Poch we trust and rightfully so. We have played some beautiful football under Poch and I know we will get back to those days.

You ffocking cont

You ffocking cont

6fe.jpg

So they have consistently spent big then? The reality is that they haven’t because their net spend reflects that. It’s like trying to argue that we are large spenders because we spent close to £100 on Soldaldo, Lamela, Paulinho etc in one window. Don’t be so stupid and please don’t waste my time with such nonsense.
And they've consistently come behind us so what's your point?

You're on a forum talking to picture of a man holding a sausage. And you're a pidgeon. I can't promise we're not wasting time.

Look, sure, net spend. Whatever. Klopp has been significantly more supported by Liverpool in terms of signings. I'm not saying he's not a good manager (although he is a cunt who acts like a massive wanker on the sideline and has stupid teeth), but Poch has finished above him in every season to date. With fewer signings. Whilst playing without a home venue.

I don't know how you can argue, therfore, that Klopp is 'clearly better'.

Apart from he hasn’t been significantly more supported than Poch on signings has he? When has Poch had to sell his best player for example? Where is this major net spend that he has had where Poch hasn’t? They have been largely operating in the same market as us throughout and get out with the home venue nonsense. We’ve played in front of crowds of 80k and our form at Wembley has been good so that nonsense doesn’t wash.

Back
Top Bottom