Ched Evan suing for loss of earnings...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't agree with your view point one bit in this case, personally I think it was a joke that he was convicted but think its more of a joke to have a go at a woman who did nothing but tell police / CPS /Court exactly what she remembered happening on the night (i.e. not a lot).
So let me get this right what you're saying here...

Once the CPS decide to prosecute the victim no longer has any power in said case?

And she did do something, she took the stand in a case in which a man was accused of raping her, in which she admitted she had no idea if he had.

That, I'm afraid, is culpability.

So let me get this right what you're saying here...

Once the CPS decide to prosecute the victim no longer has any power in said case?

And she did do something, she took the stand in a case in which a man was accused of raping her, in which she admitted she had no idea if he had.

That, I'm afraid, is culpability.
She was told it was rape - she was told the fact she was very drunk and a guy off of the street took her to a room and shagged her it was rape. She was told this by the police and the lawyers who's job it is to know, based upon her honest testimony a court originally sent him down for rape. There is no suspicion of exaggeration or lying.

As I said she does not make up the law and from what she was told (no doubt forcefully, but this is only a guess) that not going ahead with it is letting a rapist get off.

She was told it was rape - she was told the fact she was very drunk and a guy off of the street took her to a room and shagged her it was rape. She was told this by the police and the lawyers who's job it is to know, based upon her honest testimony a court originally sent him down for rape. There is no suspicion of exaggeration or lying.

As I said she does not make up the law and from what she was told (no doubt forcefully, but this is only a guess) that not going ahead with it is letting a rapist get off.
Nope, I'm sorry. Naivety is not a good enough excuse for letting a person be falsely convicted of rape.

Nope, I'm sorry. Naivety is not a good enough excuse for letting a person be falsely convicted of rape.
not naivety - she was told by the court and police (the experts) that it was rape - a court convicted on her truthful evidence that it was rape. The law on rape is rather fluid (in recent times moved from "no means no to "not being told yes means no") and it is not naïve to listen to experts.

not naivety - she was told by the court and police (the experts) that it was rape - a court convicted on her truthful evidence that it was rape. The law on rape is rather fluid (in recent times moved from "no means no to "not being told yes means no") and it is not naïve to listen to experts.
In this case it was, as it wasn't rape.

It was also quite evident to most that saw the evidence publicly (she'd have had access to it all) that this was a witchhunt.

If it's evident to us. It should be to those with even more access.

In this case it was, as it wasn't rape.

It was also quite evident to most that saw the evidence publicly (she'd have had access to it all) that this was a witchhunt.

If it's evident to us. It should be to those with even more access.
She was told being too drunk to give consent is the same as not giving consent, they listened to her honest testimony and saw the video evidence and told her this applies to her. I never agreed on this and took quite a battering at the time sticking up for Evans but putting the blame on her for honest testimony does not sit right.

She was told being too drunk to give consent is the same as not giving consent, they listened to her honest testimony and saw the video evidence and told her this applies to her. I never agreed on this and took quite a battering at the time sticking up for Evans but putting the blame on her for honest testimony does not sit right.
I haven't put blame on her for honest testimony.

I've put culpability on her for being accessory to it spiralling out of control and getting to where it got.

It's interesting.

I posted at the time and on here that he was not being treated correctly and pre-judged, not so much by his accuser but the mass of mostly female celebrities, who condemned the bloke despite his constant denials.

If he is suing his lawyers because they failed to protect his right to work and failed to launch a stern defence against the likes of Ennis Hill and that ex-Sky Sports presenter who took such public positions then I say good on him.

If it is because he lost the initial case he has no chance and arguably that's correct unless he can prove complicity on his lawyer's part.

It's interesting.

I posted at the time and on here that he was not being treated correctly and pre-judged, not so much by his accuser but the mass of mostly female celebrities, who condemned the bloke despite his constant denials.

If he is suing his lawyers because they failed to protect his right to work and failed to launch a stern defence against the likes of Ennis Hill and that ex-Sky Sports presenter who took such public positions then I say good on him.

If it is because he lost the initial case he has no chance and arguably that's correct unless he can prove complicity on his lawyer's part.
Jessica Ennis was a real piece of work during this period. She still needs to apologise for it.

Jessica Ennis was a real piece of work during this period. She still needs to apologise for it.
she werent the only one

the thing thats gets me:
so drunk you cant stand up, if your a girl, cant make the decision to have sex, therefore shouldnt be held responsible for said decision.

so drunk you cant stand up, if your a girl, can make the decision to drive a car, therefore should be held responsible for said decision.

If a girl has gotten pissed, drugged up, whatever of her accord and consents, that should be the end of it.

If she's been slipped a mickey, doubles when she asked for singles, and so on, then if the fella that has slipped her said Mickey has sex with her, he should absolutely be done.

With the Evans case, the other guy (Clayton McDonald) that had shagged her before and asked if evans could have a go was aquitted. the whole case was a mockery.

Regardless there was something seedy about the whole thing and also about Ched.

He looks like a right cunt and I bet he is one as well.

I find it hard to sympathise with him, I really do. He took advantage, it may not have been violent or anything like that but he did take advantage of her inebriated state. That's a bit disgusting really.

Bros before hoes though ain't that right lads?

I hope the judge throws the case out of court and I never have to hear this bloke's name ever again.

Regardless there was something seedy about the whole thing and also about Ched.

He looks like a right cunt and I bet he is one as well.

I find it hard to sympathise with him, I really do. He took advantage, it may not have been violent or anything like that but he did take advantage of her inebriated state. That's a bit disgusting really.

Bros before hoes though ain't that right lads?

I hope the judge throws the case out of court and I never have to hear this bloke's name ever again.
im not saying i think he's a lovely fella that was maligned by the courts. i think he's a twat. but i dont think he should have been prosecuted. he wasnt responsible for her condition, and she consented.

Nowt to do with bros before hos either.I would think the same if was some bloke that got tubbed up the arse in a similar circumstance. I think the law is inconsistent. i think the idea of informed consent is iffy, and in 2018 it puts responsibility for choices made by a woman in the mans hands. and I stress, if the girl was slipped a mickey of some form, and evans was the guy that did it, then throw the book at him. But if she's drunk a bottle of cheap plonk of her accord, and then agreed to sleep with some fella, i dont see how its anyones responsibilty but her own

im not saying i think he's a lovely fella that was maligned by the courts. i think he's a twat. but i dont think he should have been prosecuted. he wasnt responsible for her condition, and she consented.

Nowt to do with bros before hos either.I would think the same if was some bloke that got tubbed up the arse in a similar circumstance. I think the law is inconsistent. i think the idea of informed consent is iffy, and in 2018 it puts responsibility for choices made by a woman in the mans hands. and I stress, if the girl was slipped a mickey of some form, and evans was the guy that did it, then throw the book at him. But if she's drunk a bottle of cheap plonk of her accord, and then agreed to sleep with some fella, i dont see how its anyones responsibilty but her own

Wasn't he married at the time? Dodge have a kid as well or only since then?

She was so drunk she couldn't remember, fine but not as if she woke up to breakfast in bed and they both shared an awkward laugh about it all.

Something dodgy about the whole thing, dodgy enough for him to be convicted in the first place.

Anyway, the guy's a cunt and I hope he doesn't get a single penny back.

Fuck him.

Wasn't he married at the time? Dodge have a kid as well or only since then?

She was so drunk she couldn't remember, fine but not as if she woke up to breakfast in bed and they both shared an awkward laugh about it all.

Something dodgy about the whole thing, dodgy enough for him to be convicted in the first place.

Anyway, the guy's a cunt and I hope he doesn't get a single penny back.

Fuck him.

so dodgy they didnt convict the guy that rolled off her and asked if his mate could have a go.

He got convicted cos he was an international footballer.

Back
Top Bottom