Ched Evan suing for loss of earnings...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

SpiderSpurs

Supporter
Ched Evans suing lawyers over lost earnings after overturned rape conviction

18:04, UK,Tuesday 06 November 2018

The footballer was jailed after being convicted of raping a 19-year-old woman - but a retrial in 2016 found him not guilty.

By Martha Kelner, sports correspondent

Footballer Ched Evans is suing the lawyers who represented him in a rape trial in an effort to recoup a potential fortune of millions in lost earnings.

Evans spent two-and-a-half years in prison after being convicted of raping a 19-year-old woman in a hotel room at the end a drunken night in north Wales in 2011, but a retrial in 2016 found him not guilty.

Evans is now claiming he was badly advised by Brabners, the legal firm that defended him in the initial trial in 2012.

If successful in proving malpractice, the Welsh striker could be awarded hundreds of thousands - or even millions - of pounds in damages.

continues - Ched Evans suing lawyers over lost earnings after overturned rape conviction

One of the funniest chants ever was at Sheffield United away. League Cup Semi Final 2015.

“.....Ched Evans, he’s one of your own”

One of the funniest chants ever was at Sheffield United away. League Cup Semi Final 2015.

“.....Ched Evans, he’s one of your own”
Away at Old Trafford, after the first time Ronaldo had rape allegations made against him, we sang:
No means yes, no means yes, no means yes
No means yes, no means yes, no means yes

Good and the bitch who made the false claims should have faced fail time, was pretty obvious he never did it at the time. He was made an example off by a biased judge and legal system so good for him
You do know she didn't make the claims, she went to the police about her stolen handbag told them what happened and they said it was rape as she was so drunk.

Well seems I hit a nerve all I'll say is false rape claims are a thing that's affected my family personally, so I'm maybe a bit bias. It's hardly misogynistic to the fella who called me that though that I think people should be punished male or female for lying on oath trying to ruin someone's life. And to the other guy who said she never filled the report the police did never knew that so maybe in this case I was a bit overboard, although I would like to see a link to that as surely she had to say yes I was raped on oath?

Like I said though similar stuff has happened to somone very close to me so...

However if I've upset someone sorry and in no way am I against women or genuine victims of rape

Last edited:
Well seems I hit a nerve all I'll say is false rape claims are a thing that's affected my family personally, so I'm maybe a bit bias. It's hardly misogynistic to the fella who called me that though that I think people shoukd be punished male or female for lying on oath trying to ruin someone's life. And to the other guy who said she never filled the report the police did never knew that so maybe in this case I was a bit overboard, although I would like to see a link to that as surely she had to say yes I was raped on oath?

Like I said though similar stuff has happened to somone very close to me so...

However if I've upset someone sorry and in no way am I against women or genuine victims of rape
Perhaps if you want to act the cunt find out the facts first - seems like a good idea. Google is really easy and no she never said he rapped her under oath.

Barrister explains 10 facts to know after Ched Evans was acquitted of rape

"As the Court of Appeal made clear in its judgment allowing the appeal, X has never asserted that she was raped.

She has always simply maintained that she had no memory of what happened. It was the prosecution case – the case theory of the Crown Prosecution Service – that she was raped."

Perhaps if you want to act the cunt find out the facts first - seems like a good idea. Google is really easy and no she never said he rapped her under oath.

"As the Court of Appeal made clear in its judgment allowing the appeal, X has never asserted that she was raped.

She has always simply maintained that she had no memory of what happened. It was the prosecution case – the case theory of the Crown Prosecution Service – that she was raped."

Well I apologise to the remarks I made about her then. However my second point about the legal system in general stands and I won't apologise for that and it's the last I'll say on it as I shouldn't of commented anyway, I come on here to discuss spurs and football in general and will leave law and politics off here

Whilst what you say is all very true. She did let someone do 2 and half years for something they didn't do, was vilified nationally and lost the best years of their career whilst she was in relative anonymity (as she should be). She could have stopped it at any time.

Evans was made an example of and she was accessory to that. Effectively Ched Evans got years for having the morals of an alley cat. But there is difference between being slimey and being a rapist. A pretty big difference.

Beyond reasonable doubt?

Whilst what you say is all very true. She did let someone do 2 and half years for something they didn't do, was vilified nationally and lost the best years of their career whilst she was in relative anonymity (as she should be). She could have stopped it at any time.

Evans was made an example of and she was accessory to that. Effectively Ched Evans got years for having the morals of an alley cat. But there is difference between being slimey and being a rapist. A pretty big difference.

Beyond reasonable doubt?
The police and the Crown prosecution service listened to what she said and decided it was rape, she never acused him of rape. - There is no suggestion that she didn't tell the truth - he was sent down for what he did, turns out what he did shouldn't carry a sentence and he was released, cant see how you can pin this on her.

The police and the Crown prosecution service listened to what she said and decided it was rape, she never acused him of rape. - There is no suggestion that she didn't tell the truth - he was sent down for what he did, turns out what he did shouldn't carry a sentence and he was released, cant see how you can pin this on her.
And they were wrong. She was wrong to allow them to let it get that far. As the ''victim'' you have the power to stop it.

I haven't said she lied. I said she could have stopped it. She chose not to.

There are levels of culpability but culpability all the same. And she, like the CPS and like the Police is culpable.

And they were wrong. She was wrong to allow them to let it get that far. As the ''victim'' you have the power to stop it.

I haven't said she lied. I said she could have stopped it. She chose not to.

There are levels of culpability but culpability all the same. And she, like the CPS and like the Police is culpable.
Culpable? I don't get what you are saying she went and told them what happened, exactly what happened. Based on this prosecutors told her he broke the law, its not up to her to decide if he broke the law or not.

Culpable? I don't get what you are saying she went and told them what happened, exactly what happened. Based on this prosecutors told her he broke the law, its not up to her to decide if he broke the law or not.
It is up to her to say she won't take the stand. Which would then eliminate all possibility of an innocent person being thrown under a bus. She took the stand.

When she went about the stolen handbag, she had it completely in her hands not to let it escalate to a national rape case.

If you think she had no power in this case at all then there's not really a discussion to be had.

One simple sentence, which was why she was there could have avoided it all.

''I'm just here about my handbag''.

Rape cases are incredibly hard to get to that point in the first place. So let's not pretend there wasn't ways to avoid all this.

We could even delve into her family, like her Dad, complaining about a website set up in support of him? She couldn't go ''No, leave it. I don't even know he raped me''. Nope, you crack on Dad, push the wrongly convicted man even more into the dirt.

You talk as if she was some helpless bystander in this whole thing.

Just like Evans, she had responsibility in this case. And to alleviate her of any responsibility is nonsense.

Last edited:
Still, to this day, she lives in anonymity. Whilst the wrongly convicted man cannot get his career restarted he had taken away from him falsely, has lost 2 and half years of his life and lost hundreds of thousands of pounds.

Evans is well within his rights to look for compensation.

I think he has every right to claim for loss of earnings.

Former Manchester City and Sheffield United striker Mr Evans, 29, was originally convicted following a trial of raping a 19-year-old woman in a Premier Inn near Rhyl, Denbighshire, in May 2011.

At the time, he was playing for Sheffield United and was earning a reported £18,000 a week.

Ched Evans suing former defence lawyers

It's possible with bonuses, etc he could be looking at a claim for around £2.5 million based on his weekly earnings.

Still, to this day, she lives in anonymity. Whilst the wrongly convicted man cannot get his career restarted he had taken away from him falsely, has lost 2 and half years of his life and lost hundreds of thousands of pounds.

Evans is well within his rights to look for compensation.
I don't agree with your view point one bit in this case, personally I think it was a joke that he was convicted but think its more of a joke to have a go at a woman who did nothing but tell police / CPS /Court exactly what she remembered happening on the night (i.e. not a lot).

Back
Top Bottom