Ched Evan suing for loss of earnings...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So being "seedy" warrants being wrongfully imprisoned for 2 years??

Disgraceful post from you Col_McCafferty Col_McCafferty . I expect better from you.

I dont like the bloke, but fuck sake of course he should be bloody well compensated for having 2 years of his life taken away.

Anyone who disagrees, well i hope you go to prison wrongfully, and we will see if you would expect compensation for it.

Unbelievable.

Fuck this thread, Im out.

Last edited:
Wasn't he married at the time? Dodge have a kid as well or only since then?

She was so drunk she couldn't remember, fine but not as if she woke up to breakfast in bed and they both shared an awkward laugh about it all.

Something dodgy about the whole thing, dodgy enough for him to be convicted in the first place.

Anyway, the guy's a cunt and I hope he doesn't get a single penny back.

Fuck him.
Unfortunately being a cunt isn't a crime.

Otherwise we'd all be in.

Wasn't he married at the time? Dodge have a kid as well or only since then?

She was so drunk she couldn't remember, fine but not as if she woke up to breakfast in bed and they both shared an awkward laugh about it all.

Something dodgy about the whole thing, dodgy enough for him to be convicted in the first place.

Anyway, the guy's a cunt and I hope he doesn't get a single penny back.

Fuck him.
"to be convicted in the first place"

What's that supposed to mean?

You don't believe in miscarriage of justice? Because there's millions of cases where innocent people have been convicted.

But according to that sentence, fuck 'em?

Rodney King was also a massive cunt. Still didn't deserve being beaten half to death.

Miscarriage of justice exists.

Perhaps if you want to act the cunt find out the facts first - seems like a good idea. Google is really easy and no she never said he rapped her under oath.

Barrister explains 10 facts to know after Ched Evans was acquitted of rape

"As the Court of Appeal made clear in its judgment allowing the appeal, X has never asserted that she was raped.

She has always simply maintained that she had no memory of what happened. It was the prosecution case – the case theory of the Crown Prosecution Service – that she was raped."

If that was the case surely this matter should never have made it to Court in the first place

Wasn’t it just a drunken romp involving three adults?

So a lot of money down the drain and Evans losing 30 months of his life

Yes he’s due compensation

So let me get this right what you're saying here...

Once the CPS decide to prosecute the victim no longer has any power in said case?

And she did do something, she took the stand in a case in which a man was accused of raping her, in which she admitted she had no idea if he had.

That, I'm afraid, is culpability.

If she told the truth on the stand in that she couldn’t remember anything how is she culpable?

Because she's an accessory to a false conviction.

This is not to say Ched Evans isn't culpable either. He is.

It's a case of two victims. But one has been burnt far, far more than the other.

An accessory for telling the truth on the stand

You’re being ridiculous now

I don’t understand at all how it’s the woman’s fault.

Can she refuse to take the stand? Didn’t think she can.

And once there she only tells the truth.

Not sure how well he will get on prosecuting his lawyer though, can’t see that working or every body will be suing losing lawyers all over the place.

The CPS though, that should be held up.
And the judge that incorrectly decided it was rape, he should be gone.

And Ennis hill should apologise

An accessory for telling the truth on the stand

You’re being ridiculous now
No, read the conversation.

She's culpable because she let a simple issue of a stolen handbag get manipulated into one of the biggest rape trials in the country.

Anyone with any sense who took a cursory glance at the publicly released evidence saw it was a witchhunt. She had access to even more evidence and couldn't see it. As I said, naivety is not an excuse for a false rape conviction.

She gets to live in anonymity, as a victim in a case like this should. He lives in infamy, as the other victim.

That's not justice.

I don’t understand at all how it’s the woman’s fault.

Can she refuse to take the stand? Didn’t think she can.

And once there she only tells the truth.

Not sure how well he will get on prosecuting his lawyer though, can’t see that working or every body will be suing losing lawyers all over the place.

The CPS though, that should be held up.
And the judge that incorrectly decided it was rape, he should be gone.

And Ennis hill should apologise
There is fault on all sides in this case. Wherever you look people have been idiots. But only one person has lost their livelihood, their reputation, two years of their life and been publicly maligned.

This is the point.

No, read the conversation.

She's culpable because she let a simple issue of a stolen handbag get manipulated into one of the biggest rape trials in the country.

Anyone with any sense who took a cursory glance at the publicly released evidence saw it was a witchhunt. She had access to even more evidence and couldn't see it. As I said, naivety is not an excuse for a false rape conviction.

She gets to live in anonymity, as a victim in a case like this should. He lives in infamy, as the other victim.

That's not justice.

No it’s not justice
We can agree there

It’s not the girl’s fault either but the system

If she tells the truth on oath and the CPS charge him with rape then it’s down to them

I have read the thread and some of what has been written and to me it looks like some drunken slapper had sex with two twats which probably happens up and down the country every weekend (but never to me)

No she wasn’t of sober mind for it to be consensual but if the perpetrators were also drunk then how can a charge of rape be levied at anyone?
And why only Evans?

Come back Smoked Salmon all is forgiven

If that was the case surely this matter should never have made it to Court in the first place

Wasn’t it just a drunken romp involving three adults?

So a lot of money down the drain and Evans losing 30 months of his life

Yes he’s due compensation
He is sueing his own lawyers not the cps

No it’s not justice
We can agree there

It’s not the girl’s fault either but the system

If she tells the truth on oath and the CPS charge him with rape then it’s down to them

I have read the thread and some of what has been written and to me it looks like some drunken slapper had sex with two twats which probably happens up and down the country every weekend (but never to me)

No she wasn’t of sober mind for it to be consensual but if the perpetrators were also drunk then how can a charge of rape be levied at anyone?
And why only Evans?

Come back Smoked Salmon all is forgiven
She and the first guy were pissed and she went back with him (the original court thought this meant repeated consent or something similar) he then phoned a sober Evans who drove to the hotel and shagged her this is why they were treated differently

I did not agree with the conviction but the girl has done little wrong.

She and the first guy were pissed and she went back with him (the original court thought this meant repeated consent or something similar) he then phoned a sober Evans who drove to the hotel and shagged her this is why they were treated differently

I did not agree with the conviction but the girl has done little wrong.
me neither. i think in some ways, she has been treated hooredously. some of evans supporters named her, her sex life was used in the retrial as evidence. aopparently she liked a bit of cock. Ive been to rhyl, im not surprised. anything to avoid looking out the windows.

My issue is always the informed consent thing. i think it was well meaning (ie, the kind of arsehole that sees a girl passed out on a park bench and thinks its an invite to jump on, or people that spike someone's drinks, or slip them a mickey), but i think its dodgy.

I always use the car analogy cos i think that at some point someone will try to use it as a defence in a drink drive case. Im surprised it hasnt already

me neither. i think in some ways, she has been treated hooredously. some of evans supporters named her, her sex life was used in the retrial as evidence. aopparently she liked a bit of cock. Ive been to rhyl, im not surprised. anything to avoid looking out the windows.

My issue is always the informed consent thing. i think it was well meaning (ie, the kind of arsehole that sees a girl passed out on a park bench and thinks its an invite to jump on, or people that spike someone's drinks, or slip them a mickey), but i think its dodgy.

I always use the car analogy cos i think that at some point someone will try to use it as a defence in a drink drive case. Im surprised it hasnt already

Rhyl the Welsh Croydon then

trust me..rhyl (and Prestatyn, just down the coast) are fucking horrid.
They make Croydon seem like Knightsbridge

Yes I’ve visited Rhyl once and nearly got into a fight with some drunken Scouser before I left the Car park!!

As I walked away with the wife after parking I turned round and saw that this twat was sitting on the bonnet!!
It was in the 90s so yes he was wearing a Shellsuit but no perm!
Couldn’t believe it and dragged him away about 25yds before Mrs B pulled me off
(She usually only bought me a bag of chips)

Yes I’ve visited Rhyl once and nearly got into a fight with some drunken Scouser before I left the Car park!!

As I walked away with the wife after parking I turned round and saw that this twat was sitting on the bonnet!!
It was in the 90s so yes he was wearing a Shellsuit but no perm!
Couldn’t believe it and dragged him away about 25yds before Mrs B pulled me off
(She usually only bought me a bag of chips)
im guessing you aint the only bloke thts been pulled off in carpark in rhyl. by mrs b.

Back
Top Bottom