Tottenham Hotspur v Chelscum - Premier League - 24.11.18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

West Ham fan here.......
I obviously hate your team with every atom in my body, just as you all hate my team. But........

Fucking hell, you mob have got one outrageously good team at the moment.
Watching MOTD and I thought it’s only fair to hold my hands up and admit that.
And as for Harry Kane...... for fucks sake look after him. I think we are looking at an all time England great. Almost in the same class as Bobby Moore......... ALMOST!!

Only just seen this post.
Fuck off pikey cunt. We don't need you coming on here telling us how good we are, we already know that.
You and your cunty team and fans are a waste of oxygen so once again :dembelefingers:

West Ham fan here.......
I obviously hate your team with every atom in my body, just as you all hate my team. But........

Fucking hell, you mob have got one outrageously good team at the moment.
Watching MOTD and I thought it’s only fair to hold my hands up and admit that.
And as for Harry Kane...... for fucks sake look after him. I think we are looking at an all time England great. Almost in the same class as Bobby Moore......... ALMOST!!
And just like harry Kane, Bobby Moore dreamed of playing for spurs

Isn’t it funny to to see someone who mocked people for rating Sissoko and claimed he didn’t represent a footballer in any way shape or form now calling his performance masterful.

I also like the “nobody saw it earlier” line either, despite the fact they spent three years arguing and belittling people who rated him....

Here’s a post from April 2017..over 19 months ago:

He was backed and appreciated by some from day one, and those people also backed the managers decision to stick with him.

It’s great that people are coming round, but just call it what it is eh. You abused and slagged off a Spurs player for three seasons, and you’ve been made to look a tit.
A bit like you abusing Kane and Dele and calling for Poch's head a few weeks ago...

Isn’t it funny to to see someone who mocked people for rating Sissoko and claimed he didn’t represent a footballer in any way shape or form now calling his performance masterful.

It’s great that people are coming round, but just call it what it is eh. You abused and slagged off a Spurs player for three seasons, and you’ve been made to look a tit.

r.e. Poch, Kane and Dele

I think Rasiak is better than Kane at the minute.

But some people have backed him right up until the last couple of weeks. Is half a season not showing enough patience for them? When is it ok to have had enough? A whole season if playing poorly? Next year too?

Did we afford Townsend, Mason, Caroll, Onomah that kind of leeway? They were also young and learning.

I fully understand your point, but what I dont understand is why some people are happy to cunt off other players but put Dele in a special little box where only positive thoughts are allowed.

Its shit this TEAM doesnt need right now

Poch is half the problem because he picks weakened teams with his favourites given a gd given right to 90 minutes no matter how shit they perform.

Doesnt mean he needs replacing with a more tactical manager at all. As you say, tactically its not bad.

Its not using the personel available, and not getting the full benefits of the squad.

Ive been saying this for three years now, its a fucking joke.

:townhmm:

I’m not going to say ‘I told you so’ Mick but I was banging his drum for ages as I saw something in him and was getting stick from all quarters!

I’m not deluded or drunk
(Well not all the time anyway)

But I’m delighted for him and us

I also like the “nobody saw it earlier” line either, despite the fact they spent three years arguing and belittling people who rated him....

Here’s a post from April 2017..over 19 months ago:

He was backed and appreciated by some from day one, and those people also backed the managers decision to stick with him.

Are you directing that at me?

I'll assume you are.
I ridiculed the notion that his performances were of the same standard as the rest of the players in the squad, and yep - I made jokes about his ball control, which - in case you are now trying to re-write history, was actually laughable on a multitude of occasions.

As his performances improved, I said on several occasions that I felt he had a place in the team - and suggested that he would probably be a good option at full back. I have always stuck up for his defensive qualities, and his power, presence and "engine."
I have also been quick to praise him when his performances improved.
I did not say his footballing skills were masterful at all, as per usual you take what you want from peoples post and then slag them off for things they didn't say or didn't mean.
What I said was
It was a masterful display of power and unrelenting energy, and defensive impregnability, but wasn't a performance of ball playing dexterity.

Which is consistent with my criticisms of him in the past - AND the compliments I have paid him when his performances improved.

So no - I didn't abuse and slag him off - thats what you do Sammy, but yes - I did ridicule his ham fisted performances where he barely seemed in control of his legs, let alone the ball.

On several occasions I also said that all I wanted for the guy was to see him play well and put in good performances - and nobody is more pleased to see him do it at last.

But - you have to temper all of this with one salient point, these are performances that are by the standards that he set for himself and judged against his performances.

Nothing I said about his early games was unfair, because he was inept and looked ill at ease, nervous and clumsy in his earlier performances. However I didn't call him shit - thats your MO - not mine.

You, above just about all of the posters on here, are in no position to call anyone names for their opinions on Spurs players, because you are the most unjustifiably critical and damning poster on here.

We beat Chelsea to end their unbeaten run, take 3rd spot and the gap to City is still only 5 points.

Can we please for once stop bickering amongst ourselves and just enjoy the result.

We've got two tough and important games coming up this week, and in football things can change very quickly. So let's enjoy this, and hope for a positive result in the Inter match too.

Yet still no abuse. Just harsh critique which I stand by.

No calling for sacking. No calling for players to be sold. No calling anyone a cunt.

You see the part of the Rasiak post which says "at the moment"....you bolded it yourself....I stand by it, Kane was woeful. Doesnt mean I said he was a shit player though does it. Or abused him.

Genuinely hilarious that people want to compare my critique of the untouchables, to them calling Dier, Trippier and Davies "champo cloggers", or calling Sissoko a cunt and Dembele a "past it crock".

You all knOw the difference, but youre all just a bunch of tools, who think pressing "x" has a bearing on someones life.

It’s common knowledge here that I’ve backed the squad and the lack of transfers. I’ve been mocked for it, for years.
Yet here are some clowns trying to claim that me seeing poor form in our best players is the same as them wanting to replace four of five members of the first team.
If some of you had it your way, Foyth would be “gaining experience” at Leeds right now.
I backed him in the summer while you laughed....

Embarrassing
:goonermong::goonermong::goonermong:

r.e. Poch, Kane and Dele

:townhmm:
Can't forget
All Im saying is that if Poch leaves, maybe we improve.

My thinking is simply if we don't get the Dele of last season and the one prior back next year, we never will.
Rooney started with a bang and then what?

There is a massive danger that the player just becomes another nearly man.
The audacity to say shit like this about the best manager we've had in decades (after our best start to a prem), about a 21 year old Dele who if he were to get injured tomorrow and never play again will already go down as a spurs great, but try and get on his high horse about people who were negative about Sissoko who up until this season was awful for us.

Can't forget

The audacity to say shit like this about the best manager we've had in decades (after our best start to a prem), about a 21 year old Dele who if he were to get injured tomorrow and never play again will already go down as a spurs great, but try and get on his high horse about people who were negative about Sissoko who up until this season was awful for us.
Emabrassing cunt - the cheek coming on here spouting this. Must be deranged or something surely?

The most refreshing thing to me was that Spurs came out flying!!!

I feel like for the past few seasons we've been a very slow starting team.

I don't know if there was a different pre-game routine, but please keep it up

You claimed anyone who saw a player in him back them was deluded or lying.

Just because you missed it
What did I miss Sammy, the times he stood on the ball, passed it to the crowd or the opposition? The games where he ran around like a headless chicken, or broke up our attacks or played so poorly that he only got a pass when there were no other options available?
But you, the man who argued black and blue that we should drop Kane, Dele and Eriksen saw some innate footballing gift that made him indispensable?
Sammy the football swami

The most refreshing thing to me was that Spurs came out flying!!!

I feel like for the past few seasons we've been a very slow starting team.

I don't know if there was a different pre-game routine, but please keep it up
Yep.Great start,that didn't fade away.
Not once did i feel we were going to lose that game.That's unheard of from me with that lot.
Good atmosphere where were as well(M)

It is what it is......he is the best manager weve had in decades. He also has some very big flaws. Neither mean someone else couldnt win us a title though, or I want him out. Its a simple statement, that in contex and minus the pathetic hysterics is factually correct. Its not abusing Pochettino however is it.

Wheres the context in the likes of "Fuck off Sissoko you cunt”....why are you trying to compare statements of abuse when one isnt abusive?

And as for Dele.....so what?
I feared he would become a nearly man. Thats why I said:

IF we don't get the Dele of last season and the one prior back next year, we never will

IF

IF

Do you struggle with simple communication and language. We´ve got the old Dele back.....how does that mean he never went away though or his form never dropped off?
How is that me saying he´s shit or abusing him.

What is actually wrong with the post I made?

Youve got fuck all, thats why you keep throwing mundane posts at me.
Once again, I stand for those comments......lets see whos still supporting the players come January, and whos calling for newbies and replacements.....

So show me the abuse Ive given Dele and Kane and Poch (other than "big fat slug" and "Rasiak"), and show me where I said I wanted them sold and Poch out.....or stop wasting my fucking time.

If thats the best form of "abuse" you can come up with from me.....one of the most "abusive and aggressive posters" on here, then I think we all know you´ve come well unstuck. Again.

If you fail to see the hypocrisy in saying this about Sissoko whilst you've been, slagging off Kane all season, slagging off Dele all of last season and slagging off our manager all of 3 weeks ago, then there's not much point polluting the match thread much longer. Just classic that your first post back, on the back of a massive win is to pat yourself on the back for apparently always backing Sissoko and have a go at other posters who quite rightly criticized him the last few seasons.

Back
Top Bottom