Just because you can...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is it censorship if you're just letting people know that sometimes, they don't have to insist on having the last word and that sometimes, with some people, it's not even worth having a word at all!?
So the opening post doesn't contain a veiled threat to ban people?

Barry the Sandwich is a name i'll never forget for the rest of my life :balelol:

I reckon Barry the Sandwich is from Norwich..he sounds inbred!
rimshotdc9.gif

So the opening post doesn't contain a veiled threat to ban people?

I think he's asking people to not let it get to that stage because we don't want to end up like the lesser forums. I suppose it is censorship to a degree, but asking people to censor themselves so the mods don't have to get all OTT does make for a better forum experience.

I know the forum has to change from when it started, it was never going to stay as "free" as when there weren't many people here. But is the idea really that people should limit the amount of daily posts or something?

When certain people start arguing with everyone else I know a lot of shit will be written, but if the admins just had a problem with drawn out arguments wouldn't a pm to the people involved asking them to tone it down a bit be better? Just seems a bit harsh to tell people who post more that they should post less.

Trouble is that The Fighting Cock forum was always going to be a place where you wouldn't get banned for your opinion... and I don't think it ever will.

Being racist will get you a ban, as will stepping over the cunt line.

Trouble is no one backs down on the internet... Some people on here will regularly get on my tits, as I will theirs, but wouldn't ban them...

not even for calling me a prick... :cudicini:

The problem is when people (I include myself in this at times)... just don't go 'Hey, I disagree with you, but whatever. We have different opinions and lets leave it as that'...

EVERYONE WANTS TO WIN AT INTERNET

What would people think of a sin bin? Personally I wouldn't want it.. slippery slope

Personally, I hold the opinion that everyone is a clueless cunt, therefore when someone posts something of immense cluelessnessness or of absolute cuntery, I am neither shocked nor angered. Also, when people post something that's not, I'm pleasantly surprised!! :D

There's too many members now. I remember when I could walk to the fighting cock market and recognize everyone there. Now there's all kind of randoms yelling at eachother. Close the borders before we are completely overrun.

Don't even start with the 'too many members'. We've all (except me) publicised the website with the #1882 movement. People will obviously want to get involved

Back
Top Bottom