Just because you can...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Cassowary?
250px-Jurong_Southern_Cassowary.jpg
What did you call me?

To be fair, 90% of my posts are in the private forum for admins were I proper mug you off 'Carlito'.

Mine is all ITK that i have made up to get masses and masses of hits to boost advertising revenue, traffic and my ego...

... oh and pictures of kittens, gifs etc

I'll be honest, I only ever joined this website to get links for HD downloads of games, and a way of finding great prices for concert tickets. But, to be fair, this place is a bit fucking useless for all of that.

That's it, I'm leaving.

OH! AND NIPSLIPS! WHERE ARE THE FUCKING NIPSLIPS!

Expecting any forums members not to bitch and get into tedious to and fro slanging matches is akin to expecting West Ham to keep there noses out of a relegation battle. Its not gonna happen.

There should be a 'dump' button, that all members have the power to use on each thread, and if a certain level is reached the culprits get 'sectioned' into a 'solitary confinement thread' along with all their posts from the original thread and are left there to fight it out, either to the death or a glorious moment of clarity awash with each others bodily fluids.

Admin Admin do we have the technology? (for the dump button, not the moment of clarity)

This is probably the best thread there has been in a while.

We're not trying censor, but asking people to not argue about fucking everything is a fair ask Smoked Salmon Smoked Salmon . It gets massively dull for everyone not involved, and to get involved would be duller still.

Also saying we don't ban doesn't mean we have to blindly accommodate all manner of cunt without getting remotely irritated.
To me that reads as "if we don't like you, we'll ban you anyway, even if we say we don't ban".

Arguments are a reality of the internet. If you're going to have a rule free place they are always going to come at some point. There's no such thing as a rule free utopia where everyone kisses each other's backsides.

If you don't want lots of arguing and bitching then maybe it would be an idea to have a very light set of rules, one of which would be that the owners/runners of the board reserve the right to issue warnings, and then bans, to anyone who excessively trolls/argues or trouble makes?

Personally I wouldn't be in favour of such rules, but they at least let posters know where they stand. The inference I get from your post above is that any day one of us might turn up and find their account locked without warning, which seems a bit unsavoury....certainly for people who are involving themselves in 1882, et al, coming here in that regard.

Well, it's your prerogative at the end of the day, not ours. You do what you think best.

Back
Top Bottom