Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

HE'S BAAAAAAAAAAACK

giphy.gif

* doesn't mean much though as he doesn't even have a squad number for the first team this season.

Last edited:
Clocked 45 minutes and the people in attendance said that he looked slimmer than during his previous spell. Very hungry for a goal but it was not to be.

Genuinely hope they can get a song out of the guy. Maybe I’m just a soppy fucker but I really feel for the guy. Hope he can improve and salvage his career.
Agreed.

We were l excited when he arrived. Clearly just a step too far but he always seemed willing.

Be good to see him moved on and to try and rebuild his career elsewhere and us recouping some of our hefty outlay.

Genuinely hope they can get a song out of the guy. Maybe I’m just a soppy fucker but I really feel for the guy. Hope he can improve and salvage his career.
Agreed.

Apparently he and Poch will have a meeting this week to decide what will be done. Hopefully they arrange at least a loan. I could see clubs being iffy to outright buy him considering how long he has been out so a loan with an option to buy would probably be the best solution. Might even earn him a spot back here if he does well enough.

Definitely not overly soppy. Janssen had such a promising season before he joined us that his failure to perform and subsequent injury spell is a great shame.

It's not like we have a prodigious young striker to come off the bench, so I'd be more than happy trying to see if Janssen could be rehabilitated into something decent.

After the Sissoko renaissance, anything is possible.

Sell him to Fulham or Celtic and forget he ever existed. Waste of money, time, focus and effort.

Rebrov, Bent, Pav, Bobby Soldier... Caskey, Armstrong... I’ve seem some unconvincing forwards in my time but FFS... this one is the worst of the lot.

And the fee... good to know the money from my ST, merchandise, Sky TV etc etc is being well spent on getting him and the wages.

:levystare:

(Levy’s expression every time he sees VJ and stands there holding the exit door open...)

Sell him to Fulham or Celtic and forget he ever existed. Waste of money, time, focus and effort.

Rebrov, Bent, Pav, Bobby Soldier... Caskey, Armstrong... I’ve seem some unconvincing forwards in my time but FFS... this one is the worst of the lot.

And the fee... good to know the money from my ST, merchandise, Sky TV etc etc is being well spent on getting him and the wages.

:levystare:

(Levy’s expression every time he sees VJ and stands there holding the exit door open...)

Rasiak, Booth, Frazier Campbell all worse than Janssen, he’s unlucky in that he’s got the world’s best striker ahead of him. Given a proper run, it might have worked out for him. No ill feeling towards the guy as he looked the real deal before joining us.

Rasiak, Booth, Frazier Campbell all worse than Janssen, he’s unlucky in that he’s got the world’s best striker ahead of him. Given a proper run, it might have worked out for him. No ill feeling towards the guy as he looked the real deal before joining us.
You’re too nice. And fuck me, one really has to scrape the underside of the barrel to find worse (I’m not sure he’s better than Frazier too). He did get a lot of game time at first but was a bit like my 5 year old: run run run, ignore the ball, miss sitters, better off watching cartoons and playing with Lego.

You’re too nice. And fuck me, one really has to scrape the underside of the barrel to find worse (I’m not sure he’s better than Frazier too). He did get a lot of game time at first but was a bit like my 5 year old: run run run, ignore the ball, miss sitters, better off watching cartoons and playing with Lego.

Postiga, Zamora, the Doc we’ve had plenty of shit strikers. Like I said Janssen before Spurs was quite good, just never going to play much in a one striker system especially as it’s Harry Kane who’s that one striker. If he can get his confidence back he could have a renaissance and offer an alternative if called upon. I still like Llorente as he’s been handy in his fleeting appearances.

Agreed.

We were l excited when he arrived. Clearly just a step too far but he always seemed willing.

Be good to see him moved on and to try and rebuild his career elsewhere and us recouping some of our hefty outlay.
It really wasn't a hefty outlay. Look at what Chanberlin, Solanke, Perez, Morata!!!!!

£17m!! He’s 24 if he is shit we should recoup most if not all if that.

I don't get the obsession with him no fucks given if we sell or choose to keep, he’s not keeping anyone out of the team

He had some okay performances for us. I remember seeing him against Inter Milan in pre-season and thinking he was going to be the bollocks. Worked hard, strong as a bull and could score.

No idea what happened though. Maybe like Sissoko it was just a confidence thing and his confidence was shattered after his early games where he missed a few sitters. We were all buzzing when he finally scored from open play for us.

Hasn't worked out though and never will. He hasn't even got a squad number ffs. Give him as much reserve football as possible to build his fitness up and either sell him or find him a club to loan him too. Has another 10+ years in the game, I wish him luck at his next club.

It really wasn't a hefty outlay. Look at what Chanberlin, Solanke, Perez, Morata!!!!!

£17m!! He’s 24 if he is shit we should recoup most if not all if that.

I don't get the obsession with him no fucks given if we sell or choose to keep, he’s not keeping anyone out of the team

Fair point.

20 plus million including wages is nothing.

Back
Top Bottom