January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Has there been any sort of explanation for that? It doesn't seem to make any sense at all.... right now we NEED a striker (Llorente is wank), surely he must be worth another try?

As alluded to; the 'loan thing'....

If Poch's view is "if he won't trust our judgement then why should we trust [ergo, invest in] him" then what coming back is there?

...Is that too militant considering we have £18m wrapped up in him?

Ask Andros & Bentaleb.

Just that he refused to follow Poch’s instruction and go on loan. Mix that in with a bit of arrogance and Poch has basically cut him dead.

Seems a touch harsh.
If you're being paid tens of thousands of pounds a week the least you can do is not be a fat fuck, work hard and listen to your boss even if that means going on loan.

I'm with Poch on this.

I’m not getting how all of the sudden these injuries suddenly means that we will now definitely need to buy someone. Even IF we were able to get someone who is a meaningful addition to the club, and IF Levy will pony up the money, Poch is not one to quickly give a new addition time right away. By the time they get here, get acclimated, spend a little time learning about the club, and our systems, a bunch of players may be back.

I don’t think these injuries change any transfer plans other than holding off clearing out some dead weight.
That's not how it works. You've clearly never played FIFA. Window opens, spend all money available in transfer account, immediately play new signings.

:deledoubt:

Why would a decent striker be "surplus to requirements" anywhere?
And this “striker” is gonna be in place for Thursday? Or possibly Sunday and then after Kane is fully fit he’s going to warm the bench for 90% of the time......
jWEiNUr.jpg

What worries me is we don't sign anyone, our season collapses and we yet again win nothing... This becomes the final straw for Poch and we lose him. We then lose players and start to regress. Screw the stadium and all the delay bollocks. It's just the construction company rinsing us for every penny they can get. This seems to be the generally accepted reason why we're not buying players. Well, it's got to stop. Maybe the stadium was too soon and it's all too late now anyway.
What if, we buy players, finish fifth and still win fuck all. Poch says “fuck it” and leaves, along with all the first team players and Chirpy? What do we blame then?

Get a fucking grip, man, Poch has got this - calm y’tits. :pochsmirk:

And this “striker” is gonna be in place for Thursday? Or possibly Sunday and then after Kane is fully fit he’s going to warm the bench for 90% of the time......
jWEiNUr.jpg

From our perspective, as long as we have longer-term interest in any hypothetical player then I wouldn't see that as an obstacle as we evidently need someone to deliver more than Llorente beyond this season anyway; but yeh, from a player perspective it's madness (see Morata)... Unless the club is gonna BUY patience with first XI wages (see City's bench).

That's not how it works. You've clearly never played FIFA. Window opens, spend all money available in transfer account, immediately play new signings.

:deledoubt:
Oh no, I have played plenty. Of course I cheat so I have a transfer budget 3x the size of ENIC after a couple of seasons.

The year is 2029; Harry Kane in the twilight of his career... Spurs are a nose ahead in our EPL title race with new found rivals & title challengers Kidderminster Harriers... Ping, Harry's hamstring goes just as he fires an injury-time winner to send us back top; but now our very own 'La Decima' is the balance. As sure as cockroaches after a nuclear war; a distant voice, somewhere out there in the Spurs-osphere, can be heard...

"Cheeky bid for JD?" :chicco:

Weird as fcuk reading the posts.

Success, if success actually means winning trophies comes from squads of 18 to 20 quality players.

How Pochettino, Levy or some posters on here think we can do it differently is truly beyond me.

Back
Top Bottom