Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When your boss tells you that the league and qualifying for the Champions League are your priorities, it most definitely is.

Unless you're telling me that Pochettino would leave Eriksen and Alderweireld at home and rest Lloris, Rose and Winks for a league game?
I don't care about what boss tells you.
20-30 minutes wouldn't kill Eriksen or Winks. Lamela should have start. Bringing in Wanyama tells us a lot. Embarrassing.

20-30 minutes wouldn't kill Eriksen or Winks. Lamela should have start. Bringing in Wanyama tells us a lot. Embarrassing.

POCHETTINO DOESNT CARE ABOUT THE FA CUP.

How hard is it to understand?

It gives him the perfect opportunity to rest his key players in the build up to BIGGER AND MORE IMPORTANT games in our season for HIS TARGET to be met

It gives him the perfect opportunity to rest his key players in the build up to BIGGER AND MORE IMPORTANT games in our season for HIS TARGET to be met
I know he doesn't care. That's embarrasing and he is responisble for lack of trophies as well. I love him, but sometimes, fans are more important.

Madrid withdraw from operation Eriksen.
What a supprise, just like every single +£100m target they have been linked with for the past 6yrs!

My guess, if the links are remotely genuine, is they would be talking with his team getting him to run down his contract so they can pick him up on the cheap, whilst giving him a massive signing on fee.

I don't think he doesn't care, we've got to two semi finals in his first four full seasons, he just correctly prioritises the League, then CL above the domestic cups, until the latter stages.

I'd be really fucked off if he didn't.

I agree but would add he doesn’t care about the FA cup as much as the league. He also sees the cups as the competitions to play some of the squad players eg goalkeepers in particular.

He wants to win every match but there is a clear list of priority so if there is a situation where he needs to decide to rest players for the league he will.

Dunno why this is such a surprise he has been doing this for literally years!! I mean, wasn’t it vorm playing against united in the last semi of the FA cup we got to?

How do you know, winks has played a LOT of football this season and Eriksen (according to his agent) has a chronic injury earlier in the season. Lamela has recently missed 4-5 games over Xmas.

Everyone cries about an injury crisis, the manager rests players and people cry about that... lol he literally can’t win!

That was nonsense and a misunderstanding caused by poor translation.

Well he was def out injured for a while and it is clear spurs were managing him fitness-wise through the first half of the season. Doesn’t really change my point whether it was mis translated or not, he’s not been playing as regularly this season and has been injured...

Well he was def out injured for a while and it is clear spurs were managing him fitness-wise through the first half of the season. Doesn’t really change my point whether it was mis translated or not, he’s not been playing as regularly this season and has been injured...
He was definitely out for a short periode of time and he missed a few matches in a row, but this whole idea of a chronic (stomach) injury was clearly bullshit and cleared up a long time ago, thank God.

Last edited:
He was definitely out for a short periode of time and he missed a few matches in a row, but his whole idea of a chronic (stomach) injury was clearly bullshit and has been cleared up a long time ago, thank God.

I’m happy to hear that. Part of me doesn’t fully believe it since it feels like he had started less games (when fit) and come off more regularly than previous seasons but who knows, maybe it was the kind of thing you take a while to recover from and have to be treated carefully.

Think poch was right to rest him on Sunday! Hopefully he bangs a couple tmr!!

He absolutely infuriated me tonight. His deliveries were simply atrocious all game . Under hit so many corners (nothing new there!), crosses and free-kicks I lost count.
I just don't get how he/the club can't see how obvious it is that he can't whip in a decent corner. Such a waste.

When your boss tells you that the league and qualifying for the Champions League are your priorities, it most definitely is.

Unless you're telling me that Pochettino would leave Eriksen and Alderweireld at home and rest Lloris, Rose and Winks for a league game?

But then what I don't understand is the whole "We're not challengers" spiel and actions.

I can't believe that Poch's ambition is solely to either finish 3rd or 4th in the league, surely he realises that strengthening the team even in the short term could provide something better. Unless he's changed his mind again and worried by the players ego should they win the league.

He had become completely inoffensive in set pieces and isn't playing good for a while. Believe he would improve if we have more creative players to share the duties with him.

But then what I don't understand is the whole "We're not challengers" spiel and actions.

I can't believe that Poch's ambition is solely to either finish 3rd or 4th in the league, surely he realises that strengthening the team even in the short term could provide something better. Unless he's changed his mind again and worried by the players ego should they win the league.

It takes a lot to win the league especially against the current Liverpool and city squads... to really match that will take a couple of years tbh.... unless we do a mad one this season and win the rest of our matches!!!

:tobyarm::sonpoint::king:

Back
Top Bottom