Woolwich @ Wembley - 2nd March - 1230KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Could you hold for a minute, please? I've got a caller on the other line.

So much to talk about. Wife not here to make me something to eat. And more bad news now in the shape of a request from wife to cook the fucking dinner. Someone's going to get an axe in the back of the head.
Here's Five

maxresdefault.jpg

Its the shitty diamond/2 striker deal Poch seems hellbent on. Requires a hollywood style ball to bypass the midfield and thus get us on the front foot. Anything else and we're too easily pressed be it central of wide. Regardless of how well he's defending, we are absolutely fucked without Toby's long diagonals.

451 kills us... Enter Burnley & Chavs.

Scum being a bit shit let us off the hook today.

433, 4231 or 343 pls.
4 2 3 1 for me every time

Its the shitty diamond/2 striker deal Poch seems hellbent on. Requires a hollywood style ball to bypass the midfield and thus get us on the front foot. Anything else and we're too easily pressed be it central of wide. Regardless of how well he's defending, we are absolutely fucked without Toby's long diagonals.

433, 4231 or 343 pls.
What really worried me today was their weaknesses were so obvious and not once in the 90 mins did Poch make a change to try and exploit them.
Agreed totally on the two up top thing though, it stifles the teams game as a whole and it also arguably stifles Kanes game as well.

Excuse after excuse.
So missing every single key player at some point this season is not a valid excuse for not playing like it was 1961 and winning the title?

We’re 3rd.....what am I exusing?

I was livid for the last two games. Trouble is with some people the only thing that matters is not winning.....so for them today is just the same as Burnley.
You don’t see a difference unless we nick a winner at the death and then in your euphoria we were immense and got our Spurs back.
Despite the game being played out the exact same way over 95 minutes.

Childish outlook

4 2 3 1 for me every time
Just for once I'd love to see us try a 4-3-3 style system with Winks, Eriksen and Sissoko(Dele when fit) in the 3 with Son and Lucas either side of Kane up top.
I know I'm in no way qualified to be questioning Poch but it just seems on paper at least that it would cause teams all sorts of problems yet he never tries anything close to it.

Foyth cost £8m and there is very little between them, IMO.

Hype conjured by the respective leagues they'd come from and the relative experience they comparatively brought with them.

PSG were after Foyth (A 'baby' from Argentina).
Barca were after Dav (former Europa League finalist at Ajax).

Both chose us for the prospect of more gametime.

Both were seen as a coup at the time.

433, 4231 or 343 pls.

Hopefully Dele's return puts us back in the tried and true 4231. Dele's mobility and positional fluidity gives us that second guy up top when the pattern of play demands it while keeping a more advantageous shape overall.

Son is brilliant as a winger and brilliant as a striker, but he's either one or the other, he doesn't really interchange between them, and next to Kane that's a waste.

Poch was aiming for the title, players let him down by 3 poor performances.

Let's hope it is a blip. As fans we have to be ambitious, demand more just like our manager, forget the board and their followers.

There is no trophy for finishing 3rd.

Back
Top Bottom