Woolwich @ Wembley - 2nd March - 1230KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The last man always needs to be the most reserved, the shield and unfortunately big Dav saw a moment of opportunity and acted in a way that put him at risk. I can completely understand why he did it but once you commit you simply have to win the ball. If you don't you're 1-0 down to a really cheap goal inna really difficult match. Individual mistakes must have cost us about 10 goals this year which is alarming seeing as Liverpool have only conceded 15 in total in the Prem.

Watford A x 2 set pieces
Liverpool H 1 set piece
Man City H Trippier error
Barcelona H Lloris error
Watford H 1 set piece
Wolves H 1 set piece
Barcelona A Walker-Peters error
Woolwich A Foyth error & Vertonghen error/ handball
Crystal Palace FA Cup - Walker-Peters error/ handball
Fulham A - set piece/ Llorente OG error
Man U H - Trippier error
Burnley - set piece
Chelsea - Trippier error
Woolwich - Sanchez error

6 crucial set piece goals conceded but most of our goals conceded stem from. Individual errors. I make it 10 goals conceded throughout the season from mistakes we've brought onto ourselves. Shore up on corners and free kicks and stamp out individual mistakes and our season becomes a completely different story.

(Rose made a big fuck up letting Man U/ Lukaku in when we beat them 3-0 as well. Another error to add to the list that fortunately didn't change the complexion of the game like the others did so reallly its more like 11 brain farts that need ironing out)

6 set pieces, 11 poor errors we shouldn't be making all season. Hugely disappointing defensive display this year

That list makes grim reading. We used to be so solid defensively a couple of seasons ago, particularly the last season at the Lane.

D00-sGjXcAASJ41.jpg

Our midfield for the opener.

Dreadful.
I don't think it is. We absolutely fucked it up but that freeze frame shows that absolutely fuck all is on for them there.
1) we were pushed high as Kane was attacking in the box (we left the French Darren Bent 1v1 with Sanchez, also pushed very high. This is our risk vs reward, this is how we play.
2) Our attack turned into fuck all (Kane should have taken a shot) and they broke.
3) Sanchez wins the challenge against French Bent but heads it straight into the ground.
4) Ramsey's run was tracked, although not tightly, by Sissoko
5) Sissoko hands him off to Wanyama, who's in a better position (who's deeper)
6) At this point, their brake is completely covered (Sanchez on Bent & Wanyama on Ramsey)
7) Where it goes tits-up: Sanchez heads into the ground, ball bounces loose, which causes Wanyama to check his run when tracking Ramsey (he's in two minds, does he challenge for the ball or continue to track run). Bent now beats Sanchez to loose ball and gets it to Ramsey, who now has stolen a few yards on Wanyama because he checked his run when Sanchez headed into the ground and ball got loose.

And people think VAR is the answer!!!!! This action on its own shows those that want VAR is utter bollocks.

It certainly is the answer. The problem is no-one can agree what the question is!

Tight criteria need to be applied by the PL to ensure VAR is only applied in specific situations, e.g.no foul throws or playing a rolling ball.

I can only imagine the bun-fight with VAR. These threads will run for hundreds of pages!

Was Kane offside before winning penalty against Woolwich?
What is dead my never die (replace woolwich in link).
:kanehand:
If Refs cannot agree on the decision over 24 hours after the incident it shows there will still be controversy after VAR comes in. What incidents would VAR have looked at? 2 penalty incidents, several possible violent conduct. But VAR is only meant to overrule a clear error. Not sure any of the incidents would have been overruled by some refs but possibly both penalties by another.

It certainly is the answer. The problem is no-one can agree what the question is!

Tight criteria need to be applied by the PL to ensure VAR is only applied in specific situations, e.g.no foul throws or playing a rolling ball.

I can only imagine the bun-fight with VAR. These threads will run for hundreds of pages!
Those that are calling for VAR think it clears up issues like the offside, I think the penny is dropping that perhaps that it won't, and if it doesn't what is the point of bringing it in?

I think it may clear up certain things. Handling errors missed (or given). I thought offside before this weekend. (Clarifying the law would help). Penalties. Red cards? No idea how the PL intend to use it.

I hope it's brought in with a very limited remit and then expanded as we learn how to use it. I hope they don't use it with the imprecise 'any obvious error' as the games will run to over 2 hours!

In Spain it's been shit. It's sole function seems to be to rubber stamp decisions favouring Real Madrid
I've seen their last couple of games, absolute farce!

There was another absolutely insane handball decision in Napoli v Juve last night. It wasn't not given by the ref, given by VAR. The ball was volleyed almost point-blank range (ONE YARD!!!) at Alex Sandro, who also has his back turned and it hits the top of his arm. This is not a deliberate handball!!!

It's making the game worse!

In Spain it's been shit. It's sole function seems to be to rubber stamp decisions favouring Real Madrid
Best implementation of VAR was at the World Cup.

The problem now is that they aren't following their own "clear and obvious error" guidelines. Its going to get much worse before it gets better, though.

Is that Toby & Jan either side of Sissoko with Wanyama just in front of Davinson?

15 minutes in they can't be that high up. 5 players including both fullbacks nowhere to be seen in the shot. I think we were too impatient and keen to get that early goal. Also from that image I can't see how Davinson has ballsed up how he did. This is yet another goal that has to go down to reckless, individual errors. Dav should have stayed goalside and used his positioning to fall back on players coming back to support him

I can't believe there's no cover on the half-way line.!

No way Sanchez should be drawn that far into the Woolwich half. Wanyama/Sissoko's job.

Ok, it's a poor attempt by Sanchez, but no single ball should take out the entire defence.

Back
Top Bottom