Southampton (A) 9th March - 1500 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You must disagree but we fucked our momentun by hurring Kane back into Son spot, we changed our way to play that was working with Son being a killer inf front of goal to just play the "pass to Kane" game, like AVB did with Bale, Kane isn't being good, losing a lot of goals and is our only idea, Son lost his momentun and isn't doing nothing anymore (a sub most of the time), we should have sticked with what was working.

So fucking poor. I’m not usually this negative in fact I’m usually told that I’m too positive.

3 weeks now to sit on our arses and wallow in another defeat. Honestly this is becoming the worst patch of form I can remember over the past couple of seasons.

Why the fuck are we leaving dele on when he’s clearly tired. Why the fuck do we sit there and do nothing when a team changes there shape and starts dominating.

This is beyond a joke now the lack of signings has killed us. Scum and the chavs are hitting form and we are just stagnating.

I think the Europa league is the most likely scenario now next season. More excuses for Eriksen and Toby to fuck off. Plus it makes us less attractive to the new signings we so sorely need.

What the fuck is the point in having a shiny new stadium if we don’t invest in the football being played in it? I’m tired of the excuses we have saved enough money I’m sick of getting consistently out spent by the bottom sides.

We are playing the best starting 11 we have available and we are unable to even hang on for a draw against relegation fodder.

Somethings got to give. . .

Well, it won't be Levy giving Poch a war chest in the summer.

People will complain about Levy and lack of signings as per usual but this loss is not because of that.

We lost today because of a lack of professionalism and winners mentality. Our players showed up and thought that they only needed to put in a half shift to secure 3 points. That is a problem that can only be fixed by the manager. Not the chairman. And since this is a repetitive problem I wonder if they manager suffers from the same issue.

We can talk about winning mentality and competing for titles all we want. But until we develop a mentality where we take every single game just as seriously as the next one, no matter the opposition that won't happen.

You don't win a league by only beating Man United, Chelsea and Dortmund. You win leagues by beating all the smaller teams below you.

This one is on the players and Poch.

Aside from being upgrades to the playing staff, fresh faces help shake things up. This group, including Daniel Levy, has grown absolutely complacent.

It's absolutely incredible that we can win 4 league games in a row without Kane and then fail to win the first 4 upon his return.
Not when you consider all the chances he's spurned and the fact that we are less dynamic when he is in the team.

The game management in that 2nd half was diabolical. Two quick fire goals but even after we conceded we haven't tested their goalkeeper once.

Shoddy finishing, a lack of balls when required that was a very weak 2nd half after controlling the game in the first half. 4 League games without a win and Anfield next, that's really shoddy Spurs you're far better than that
Keep the tenner you bet with me on us winning the league. You're a nice guy & all you were guilty of was being unrealistic & over optimistic. Not a bad trait in a fan. That's why I said I'd take 3rd. Way more likely we slipped down the table than went higher or even won the title. I too got over optimistic by saying we have done well to get top 4 with all the injuries & no signings. I would definitely take 4th now! Going to be super tough with our form & the hard fixtures.

That was the most stunning display of two diametrically oppossed halves of play. First, we were on the front foot, attacking, and positive. Second, just a shell of our former selves. I am stunned at the difference and concerned as to the reasons why, Rose and KWP’s errors notwithstanding.

So that's it everyone has thrown the towel in already? We are still 3rd and moving into the new stadium, it's not over yet!

No, it's not. But football is all about form and momentum. Ours has completely disappeared while teams around us get the results. As it's been pointed out already, by the time we finish our next game, we might be outside of the top 4. Let's hope they drop some points too or we are seriously in trouble.

Reminiscent of pretty much every performance we've put in against lower league opposition this year.
No energy, no hunger, couldn't get a hold of midfield to save our lives, almost all of our chances coming from counter attacks, defensive gaffs all over the shop and constantly losing the ball in dangerous areas giving away countless opportunities to the opposition. Our luck has run out completely in recent weeks.

Our position in the league this season is the most false its been since Poch took over. 9 fucking loses. Horrendous.

Really? You think KWP, Rose, Sanchez, Sissoko, Dier and Moura, which is half the XI btw, are world class? And when down we put on Llorente and DAVIES (!!!! LOL) as offensive subs alongside Son.
You think Robertson, Henderson, Milner, Keita or Alexander Arnold are world class? No they’re not. There’s no excuse for this shit performance, don’t twist it.

So that's it everyone has thrown the towel in already? We are still 3rd and moving into the new stadium, it's not over yet!
Yes it is . We have to play Liverpool and city , that’s 6 points lost. And in case you haven’t been watching , we are awful . Start planning for Sunday matches next season .

Back
Top Bottom