Season Ticket take up

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ive just had a phone call from the TO offering me another ST. Thats my fourth now, not a big problem as I can always shift them on. Just means that I can make sure I sort out family for cup finals / big away days etc.

It came as a shock to me because:

A. I completely forgot I had applied as it was ages ago
B. Last time I checked (about 3 years ago was when I was last able to log into the poxy website) I was miles down the list.

I spoke to the guy in the TO about this and he told me that the current take up on STs offered is about 1 in 6.

Why go on the waiting list if you know you arent going to take it up? I know were in a recession but come on.

This 20K people we have waiting for STs is probably closer to 3.5K-4K. Which doesnt bode well for filling the new stadium, does it?

Anyone on here on the waiting list, with no intention of taking it up?

If so, you should..rent it out, take the points...see it as an investment.

People may have the full intention to take it up, but when the time comes their personal situation has changed, I dont suppose many people would phone up to get their £5 fee back.

Personally i don't think taking a season ticket with the sole intention of renting it out is good form.

Every May, people offer their STs out for rent, nobody takes it up, but they're happy to be on the waiting list. I understand that people don't want to lose their membership, I elected to keep my bronze membership and take on my mates ST for this season.

Every May, people offer their STs out for rent, nobody takes it up, but they're happy to be on the waiting list. I understand that people don't want to lose their membership, I elected to keep my bronze membership and take on my mates ST for this season.

Luckily most of my mates are proper Spursy so theres always someone willing to have or share one. All at face value so nothing dodgy. Just dont expect to get Woolwich / Big Euro ties away or Wembley...simple as.

but then next year you're worse off T, because you haven't accrued any LP's on your membership.
LPs are fuck all on a membership anyway, I always used other peoples STs for away games, I've gone to all 1882s on my membership so I've gained a few points this season.

LPs are fuck all on a membership anyway, I always used other peoples STs for away games, I've gone to all 1882s on my membership so I've gained a few points this season.

Innit, unless its wembley, how many big fixtures are big LPs on membership even going to matter?

As long as you get to the games you want who gives a monkeys about LPs (1000+)

The people I know with ST's always use them, especially for big games, cos they are well Spursy innit.

Without my LP's on my membership I'd never have seen us play at Wembley without spending £150+.

I'm number 100 and something on the list. Have been on it since the days when it used to be 'free' :levylol:

I have a Bronze membership and use the Priority booking a fair bit (both the batches of games at the start of the year and the Monday 1000 sale).

The idea we have a paid waiting list of X zillion is frankly bollocks. I might oneday take it up - Although I go to enough games for a season ticket to make sense I like to move around the stadium a bit and attend games with different people.

The people I know with ST's always use them, especially for big games, cos they are well Spursy innit.

Without my LP's on my membership I'd never have seen us play at Wembley without spending £150+.
I understand the cup final scenario, 100%, I just think it's a much over muchness. If offered an ST, I think most members should really be taking it. I know not everyone can afford it but surely that's the motivation for getting the membership?

I understand the cup final scenario, 100%, I just think it's a much over muchness. If offered an ST, I think most members should really be taking it. I know not everyone can afford it but surely that's the motivation for getting the membership?
Thats the same as saying that anyone offered a house to rent should take it, rather than buy their own place though.

Thats the same as saying that anyone offered a house to rent should take it, rather than buy their own place though.
Not exactly, as if you buy a season ticket for £730, that's it, buying a house, requires loads of add-ons just to look for places. I'm not being obtuse, but if you're going to 25-30 games as a member (paying in excess of £1000 on tickets), and you won't pay circa £800 for a ST then I struggle to see why not.

I was going to that many games as a member, so when I was offered a ST it was a no-brainer.

How long have we had the 'massive waiting list'? Because I've never really paid any attention to waiting list numbers but when I got my season ticket in 2003 I just rang the club when I was gonna renew my membership and asked about season tickets and they offered me one there and then.

And here is the issue...were going to look pretty silly when WHL2 is half full.

Although it may have Levy looking at prices finally....not that I think it will be his problem by then

Our waiting list is a myth, and we'll never fill the new stadium every week unless prices are massively reduced.

And here is the issue...were going to look pretty silly when WHL2 is half full.

Although it may have Levy looking at prices finally....not that I think it will be his problem by then

For the first two seasons they'll be a boner factor where everyone will want to see the new shiney stadium. (I think the plan is to have a year as a 3 sided ground isn't it(?!) - So it will almost have two opening seasons...)

I am sure season tickets will be on a plate to anyone with the £ for the first 4 sided ground season but I don't see the stadium being half empty. Bingo club on the other hand...

Not exactly, as if you buy a season ticket for £730, that's it, buying a house, requires loads of add-ons just to look for places. I'm not being obtuse, but if you're going to 25-30 games as a member (paying in excess of £1000 on tickets), and you won't pay circa £800 for a ST then I struggle to see why not.

I was going to that many games as a member, so when I was offered a ST it was a no-brainer.
The problem with that for me is that when a big game comes up, the ST holder inevitably want to use it.

The problem with that for me is that when a big game comes up, the ST holder inevitably want to use it.
a big game like what? Woolwich away is about the only game I can really think of where a member would have zero chance every season of getting a ticket.

Chelsea and West Ham away have been known to go to members.

Am I right in thinking you can even pay it off monthly?

Off the top of my head, I do about 100 - 150 quid on average a months on tickets, over the course of a season thats gonna work out to over a grand.

If you end up being offered an ST for around £800 quid you'd be mental not to take it. Especially as you also get Away priviledges etc.

Back
Top Bottom