Season Ticket take up

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Amsterdam
I don't think a membership would get you a ticket to the final, most finals have reduced allocation. :baletroll:

Seriously though, people spunk shitloads on memberships in the quest to get tickets for a final, when you'd get a ticket for a final on a ST. LPs don't move you any further up the list on a membership either.

Am I right in thinking you can even pay it off monthly?

Off the top of my head, I do about 100 - 150 quid on average a months on tickets, over the course of a season thats gonna work out to over a grand.

If you end up being offered an ST for around £800 quid you'd be mental not to take it. Especially as you also get Away priviledges etc.

I think you can, but there may be interest charges.

I get mine on a Barclayard Football Credit Card, as sponsors of the Premier League any season ticket bought on it is 0% interest. It's the only thing I use it for, apart from other Spurs tickets, but they incur small interest charges.

Our waiting list is a myth, and we'll never fill the new stadium every week unless prices are massively reduced.

THFC are no mugs, especially not from a business perspective.

They have deliberately chosen to include other benefits(not just the ST waiting list) to the Bronze memberships. Most Spurs fans, even in Norway, choose the Bronze membership over the lilywhite. So what you get is a massive season ticket waiting list(bronze members) mainly filled up by people who have no intention of getting one.

So when Spurs want planning permission approval for a new stadium, or even new sponsorship deals( not to mention naming rights deal for a new stadium) they can show a nice little powerpoint presentation to companies and tell them that we have a huge waiting list, without really lying(from a legal point of view). Spurs even used this to argue that we should be given the Olympic stadium instead of West Ham.

I struggle to see how we're gonna fill 56k seats week in and week out, but then again I never thought that the goons would fill the Emirates every week, so hopefully I'm wrong this time as well.

THFC are no mugs, especially not from a business perspective.

They have deliberately chosen to include other benefits(not just the ST waiting list) to the Bronze memberships. Most Spurs fans, even in Norway, choose the Bronze membership over the lilywhite. So what you get is a massive season ticket waiting list(bronze members) mainly filled up by people who have no intention of getting one.

So when Spurs want planning permission approval for a new stadium, or even new sponsorship deals( not to mention naming rights deal for a new stadium) they can show a nice little powerpoint presentation to companies and tell them that we have a huge waiting list, without really lying(from a legal point of view). Spurs even used this to argue that we should be given the Olympic stadium instead of West Ham.

Or more likely...Daniel Levy sells the club with a shiny new bowl and millions of fans waiting to buy a seat.

Before the novelty wears off...he gets top dollar, puts his feet up and spends the rest of his days counting his $$$

Fair game I guess.

I used to have a bronze membership, but it wasnt in my name, it was in my birds name, them we broke up, so I started a new one, now I'm 46'673 on the season ticket waiting list...

FORTY SIX THOUSAND, SIX HUNDRED AND SEVENTY THREE.

If there are people not actually buying there season tickets, that's annoying but the more people that say no the sooner I can get mine.

I used to have a bronze membership, but it wasnt in my name, it was in my birds name, them we broke up, so I started a new one, now I'm 46'673 on the season ticket waiting list...

FORTY SIX THOUSAND, SIX HUNDRED AND SEVENTY THREE.

If there are people not actually buying there season tickets, that's annoying but the more people that say no the sooner I can get mine.

Bloody hell. I guarantee that will drop around 15k next season though.

How long have we had the 'massive waiting list'? Because I've never really paid any attention to waiting list numbers but when I got my season ticket in 2003 I just rang the club when I was gonna renew my membership and asked about season tickets and they offered me one there and then.
bmj's second season you could still walk up & buy a s.t!.

Levy's in a difficult situation with the new stadium and filling it. We won't come close to filling it so he might have to reduce ticket prices to help the attendances rise. But he also needs ticket prices to be high enough so that he gets his money back!

With Chelsea away I've never seen that go on sale to members?

If I was offered a ST where I wanted it to be I'd take it 100%. Paying per ticket on my membership costs me a fortune!

Hold on....I go away for a couple of days and come back to see Brigante is making threads that aren't about AVB getting the sack?

What the fuck happened to you man? I don't even know you anymore.

:vdvcry:

As for why people aren't taking up their ST allocation after being on the waiting list, it's simple, situations change.

Not sure it's as simple as situations changing, as there are shitloads of members who go to in excess of 20 games a season, also, there's many members who always had no intention of getting an ST. It's not like buying an ST is only for the rich, there are payment plans/options available to take up a ST.

It's a bit of a cop-out to only blame cost.

Hold on....I go away for a couple of days and come back to see Brigante is making threads that aren't about AVB getting the sack?

What the fuck happened to you man? I don't even know you anymore.

:vdvcry:

As for why people aren't taking up their ST allocation after being on the waiting list, it's simple, situations change.

I think we may have broke him.

I don't think it is. Doesn't matter how you spread the payments out, it's still money that people haven't got at the moment.

Can't you pay off your season ticket in instalments? Surely this would work out as paying the same as a member.

Back
Top Bottom