Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur, 17th April [0-1 AGG]

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Please don't concede within the opening 15 minutes.

With Winks out I could see Dele playing deeper in midfield to help connect the backline with the front and help clog the midfield. Three at the back would not be great, but Poch seems to revert to it when we have injury problems.

Honestly, a 4-5-1 type of formation with the aim to counter could be an interesting tactical twist:

Trips-Toby-Verts-Rose
Lucas-Dele-Sissoko-Eriksen-Son
Llorente

That's a lot of bodies to clog the midfield and provide support out wide. Chances of that lineup are about 0% though as it basically leaves no options on the bench except maybe Lamela and is quite aggressive. It's probably:

Trips-Toby-Verts-Davies
Sissoko-Wanyama-Rose
Lucas-Son-Eriksen

With Eriksen and Lucas falling back without the ball to clog the middle. Don't see Dele starting but here's hoping.

Please don't concede.
Please don't concede.
Please don't concede.
Please don't concede.
Please don't concede.

Piccadilly Tavern is carnage, not letting anyone else in.
Any yids anywhere else?

Edit : I’m in. I was here 2hrs ago but left as it was shit. Now it’s rocking.

Last edited:
Don’t ask me why I’m sat in The Blues Kitchen in Camden but the original version of the saints go marching in just came on. Please be a sign.

City fans are all going to get a piece of grey cloth to hold up apparently. Altogether it will form a cardigan.
Pep-Guardiola-Man-City-700x366.jpg

Not keen on 3 at the back tonight but can Wanyama after his fitness probs play another match? Could foyth play Winks role? Not sure whether Llorente or Moura should replace Kane but too open if both play as well as Son. Just hope we can hold out.

Back
Top Bottom