Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax, Champions League Semi-Final, Tue 30th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This loss is down to poch with his team shape in the first 30 minutes, got absolutely ripped apart and lucky it wasn't more. Fair play he made some very effective changes and we were on top for the rest of the game but with the lack of attacking player we have at the moment, it's not surprising we found it difficult to break through

Need a massive performance next week and everyone needs to turn up

Can’t be worse than Llorente - utter donkey. Clueless stats buffoons like Totti Totti and Airfixx Airfixx were claiming before the game he’s been amazing for us cause he scored a few against League 2 defenders

Show me a single post of mine where I used the word amazing to describe Llorente.

Edit - Ah, right. You can't. Thought not. I'll take the "disagree" though.

No need to get all angry. I just think dele and eriksen are better at finding the quick pass to runners into the back behind the defense, which is not how we play at all with this type of lineup.
Not angry at you just sick of it.

Seriously, what are people watching?
How can anyone in their right mind call them our best players?

Absolute shadows of their former selves and need to go this summer because this club is living in a bubble.

We think (and I’m guilty of it too) that we are jam packed with high end players in attack.
Son and Kane. That’s it.....Dele and Eriksen are not a scratch on their level and if we can get in 120M for them then I’d rip your arm off.

They are holding us back, and every other player at least tries.
At least Trippier was involved for all his faults, Wanyama, Rose, Moura all creating and fighting.

Not these two. Shit pass after shit pass and jogging around doing fuck all....people wanking off over them like we’ve got fucking Paul Gascoigne and Ginola out there.

Fuck off (not you).....open your eyes. Llorente was better than both of them combined....and he was shite

We are extremely lucky to go to Amsterdam down by 1. We can still win this one!

Llorente I felt was Ajax's 12th man

Trippier and Wanyama have no place on our team next season.
Well, they’re squad players at best is what I’ve taken from it:

Wanyama - injuries look to have done too much damage
Trippier - just too many poor games this season. If you’re not going to have pace in that position, you need to be excellent elsewhere, and he hasn’t been. Also puts pressure on Rose getting double teamed as oppo aren’t worried by Trippier threat
Moura - head down dribble and can finish, not much sense. Only one with speed in our attack tonight and he spent much of the game in the middle
Llorente - I’d rather see a 19yr old live wire off the bench, he adds so little for me.

Things is we don’t have the cash to replace them all, but a couple could go

Yeah they are but we were poor! A threadbare squad plus injuries it’s taken it’s toll hopefully we can rally Saturday get a result then go he’ll for leather next Wednesday fuck all to lose.....COYS
I know we made it easy for them showed them too much respect in the first 30mins. Our players other than Lucas and Sissoko didn't show up surprisingly we were so poor and lucky not to concede the 2nd. Not the worst result, on to Amsterdam.

Say it

Go on
Say it

We looked a better team with Sissoko on

With Sissoko on we looked a better team

I know we tweeked the formation but he was awesome

Awesome he was

‘Another body’, he can’t even bring himself to say sissoko. Still defending Eriksen after him being absolutely hideous. But hey, it’s stats innit

Back
Top Bottom