Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax, Champions League Semi-Final, Tue 30th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Much, much better second half, dominated the second half. As soon as we switched from that bollocks 3CB system and put an extra body in midfield we could compete with them and had another outlet to help us retain the ball better.

I really think Alli should only play as a false 9 or not at all in the next leg, just doesn't give the game enough otherwise, Eriksen didn't sparkle either but at least when he's not assisting or scoring he's putting himself about and still showing up for, and seeing more of the ball and he's still more likely to actually produce something.

Not the worst result considering how badly the first half hour went and at least with Son back, there'll be a cutting edge up front. We got a serious chasing though and were outclassed. We don't exactly have a winning habit at the moment. That's 8 defeats in 14 games since our best performance of the season against Dortmund.

We might as well throw in the towel. CL over for another season. Best to accept it. It's almost unheard of for a team to progress from this situation.

I mean, 1 point from the first three games is terrible. We won't get out of the group, better luck next year.

Wait a minute, sorry, wrong thread, my streams lagging a bit.

Honestly. Bournemouth 10/3 to win this weekend is fucking free money on that evidence. Didnt even have a shot on target all match. Alli useless even when in his proper position. Desperate stuff with a threadbare squad. 1 nil the best we could hope for. Who fucking knows. This season has been a miracle so far.

Pochettino set us up for a 0 0 and we got found out massively first half. Sissoko changed the game but it was damage limitation. Really hope we don't bottle our last 2 pl games.

Much, much better second half, dominated the second half. As soon as we switched from that bollocks 3CB system and put an extra body in midfield we could compete with them and had another outlet to help us retain the ball better.

I really think Alli should only play as a false 9 or not at all in the next leg, just doesn't give the game enough otherwise, Eriksen didn't sparkle either but at least when he's not assisting or scoring he's putting himself about and still showing up for, and seeing more of the ball and he's still more likely to actually produce something.

Say it

Go on
Say it

We looked a better team with Sissoko on

With Sissoko on we looked a better team

I know we tweeked the formation but he was awesome

Awesome he was

Our squad quality simply isn’t good enough, that's the reality.

We can all sit here and wonder why but the truth is if we would have signed some players to strengthen our midfield and signed some more attacking options we would have won that tonight comfortably IMO.

Subbing on Davies and Foyth to try and win a game is not good for any team, let alone one in the semi final of the CL.

Everyone feeling confident about the return leg, I admire your optimism but the truth us, Ajax looked comfortable, even in the second half, they were happy to take the 1-0 back to their place, we are now basically relying on Son to win the tie for us away.

Back
Top Bottom