Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax, Champions League Semi-Final, Tue 30th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Crazy rollercoaster since the new year means...kinda bored now. Anything other than ecstasy/anguish/heart attack on a daily basis is not enough. Watched GoT to chill out.

Whichever way it goes, I don’t see this game petering out.

Wonder whether Ajax will sit back and counter or just play their game

Not outspend them. But at least show some ambition. In Spain athletic cannot spend what real or Barca Can, but they still buy quality players to give themselves a quality squad capable of competing at least. Have you seen the players in their squad compared to ours. The reality is they are willing to pay the wages and transfer fees for the right players. Like thomas lemar or diego costa to name but 2...we generate more money than them so how come they have a squad that is so much better than ours ?
'so much better than ours'?

Really?

'so much better than ours'?

Really?
In terms of depth oh yes..we have Harry kane up front who is frankly an amazing striker. But athletico have griezzman who also is brilliant, then they have diego costa and alvaro morata...whilst we have Vincent Jansen and donkey boy llorente..there is really no comparison, I think it also destroys that nobody wants to be Harry kanes backup argument..imo

If he ain’t at least a 9/10 every game he will get slated, I don’t get it
I think it stems from not understanding the game.

Couldn’t have had a clearer example of how the manager influences the game than the Ajax one. Mistake in formation and every single Spurs player looked shit. Quick change then it’s as if there’s 11 new guys out there.

Same with Dele. His natural position is playing off a 9, i.e. Kane. Appearing in the box from midfield at speed. This season he’s been clearly asked to play more of a holding role as we’ve been so fucked with injuries. So his goals and assists have dropped - no shit.

He’s one of our best players and could end up as one of our best ever.

In terms of depth oh yes..we have Harry kane up front who is frankly an amazing striker. But athletico have griezzman who also is brilliant, then they have diego costa and alvaro morata...whilst we have Vincent Jansen and donkey boy llorente..there is really no comparison, I think it also destroys that nobody wants to be Harry kanes backup argument..imo
We are in the CL semi final, they are not.

Can we just win please? 2-1 on the night will do, we are more experienced, stronger and more physical then them. Make it a battle and don’t come with any of this back 3 shit.

Up and at em from the off!

And as soon as we have £70m to drop on Zaha as another striker (as well as the £120m we need to spend in midfield, and the £60m at FB) we’ll be in business.

If the point is just that some teams have done better scouting - fair play. Janssen could have been the next Romario....instead we got Rodney Trotter. But that’s the game we’re in, buying unproven players and spinning the wheel

Morata's shite and their looking to off load Costa after his 8 game ban. As JohnH says their already out of the CL so it makes your arguement look shite.

Not outspend them. But at least show some ambition. In Spain athletic cannot spend what real or Barca Can, but they still buy quality players to give themselves a quality squad capable of competing at least. Have you seen the players in their squad compared to ours. The reality is they are willing to pay the wages and transfer fees for the right players. Like thomas lemar or diego costa to name but 2...we generate more money than them so how come they have a squad that is so much better than ours ?

You asked me about City. I answered...

You need to specifically define "compete" if you want any more from me cos as per my earlier post... 2/4 finishes above and just knocked them out of the CL.

Meanwhile i don't know enough about AMadrid's squad/finances to comment on their situation. What i do know is that they typically finish 3rd (financial par) and failed to get past richer rivals Real in the CL recently.

We stand to finishing above financial par for the 5th season in a row.

Btw.... U still haven't explained what "fucking around" constitutes prior to this season?

I sense you mean not spending money which was required for the stadium project.

Morata's shite and their looking to off load Costa after his 8 game ban. As JohnH says their already out of the CL so it makes your arguement look shite.

Atleti have won the Europa League three times, and La Liga and the Copa Del Rey once apiece this decade. All whilst building a gleaming new stadium, and fending off perpetual rumors that some superclub is going to steal their Argentine genius manager. All while, as someone else mentioned, collecting less revenue than we do.

And by the way, they LOWERED ticket prices when they moved into their new stadium.

That club should be a model for us.

Let's be truthful there was nothing on show first leg to bother them was there they must be confident as I would be.

That’s because we where without Son or Kane and thus had no penetration, we where the better team after Sissoko came on for most of it but Llorente can’t play the forward role properly for us.

Get Son and Sissoko playing and even Kane and we will be many times better. Having good strikers and an actual CM makes a huge difference.

Atleti have won the Europa League three times, and La Liga and the Copa Del Rey once apiece this decade. All whilst building a gleaming new stadium, and fending off perpetual rumors that some superclub is going to steal their Argentine genius manager. All while, as someone else mentioned, collecting less revenue than we do.

And by the way, they LOWERED ticket prices when they moved into their new stadium.

That club should be a model for us.
Levy will never lower the ticket prices it's about extracting maximum revenue to increase turnover/profit whilst transfer outlay remains minimal.
This stadium won't turn us into a city only big spending owners will do that the enic way is to have the club punching above it's weight but at the same time producing huge financial figures.

Back
Top Bottom