We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When they try and sing that wanky "ynwa" shite we should drown them out with a huge roar of chanting.

Why should any team of supporters have to wait quietly while they do their little sing song.

Basically fuck em.
Or we should just sing along, take the focus of ‘their special song’ away from them

Another one perplexed with the whole points debacle.

16,613 allocation
15% for "executive season ticket holders" = 2492
14121 left for Normal season ticket holders

12904 ST holders with more than 200 ticketing points

Leaves 1217 unaccounted for??

Here's hoping some of those with enough points pass the chance up and theres another window. Even then I can't see me getting one. I suspect as per the usual away games, anyone eligible buys theirs knowing they get the ticketing points and can sell the ticket on for double what they pay.

Literally had my 335 knocked in half a couple of years back, Season ticket for 11 years now. Know a couple of people who've had ST's 20 odds years in the same boat. Doesn't help that the club only have 11 years worth of Season Ticket records.

The club is 136 years old for christ sake, considering "loyalty" over a 5 year period is a bit of an insult frankly.

Another one perplexed with the whole points debacle.

16,613 allocation
15% for "executive season ticket holders" = 2492
14121 left for Normal season ticket holders

12904 ST holders with more than 200 ticketing points

Leaves 1217 unaccounted for??
Do those (or a portion) go to the players, coaches, and staff to distribute to friends and family? Honest question (seems an awful lot!)

Do those (or a portion) go to the players, coaches, and staff to distribute to friends and family? Honest question (seems an awful lot!)

I honestly don't think so as these are tickets available to be sold. The stadium capacity is 67829 which after both clubs allocation leaves 34603 seats. Fairly certain the paying fans subsidise the remaining capacity for random celebrities, Nissan and Gazprom sponsor seats to gift away, teams to give to family, friends etc.

The whole thing stinks

As much as I hate their deluded fans, make no mistake they are a seriously good side. Mane particularly fucking freaks me out when we play them. I don’t want to start bashing our players 3 weeks out but trippier absolutely can’t start, I’d rather have foyth on him

Yeah, by my calculations they've given 4,000 to corporates. Fucking disgrace.

If Corporates make up 15% of all season tickets, they've given them about 60% more final tickets than they should be entitled to, and screwed over about 1500 of us not-so-rich season ticket holders.
Not just corporates. How many will players and other staff members get as well.

Thinking about this game tactically, how does Pochettino play it?

I am thinking 4-5-1 may be the way to go, Lucas up front, play for a clean sheet, try to win it second half with a 4-2-4.

I can't think of many CL finals where going for it right out the gate works, as the other team come back strong.

We are better at attacking than containing but contained City and Chelsea in a one off.

Just re-watched the 2nd leg city highlights back-to-back with the 2nd leg Ajax highlights. Jesus, what a time to be alive.
I did exactly the same - and when I was watching the City highlights I kept expecting the VAR decisions to go the other way. Incredible 2 x matches to reflect on, and it does make you think that the hand of fate is somewhere in there ... here’s hoping!

Thinking about this game tactically, how does Pochettino play it?

I am thinking 4-5-1 may be the way to go, Lucas up front, play for a clean sheet, try to win it second half with a 4-2-4.

I can't think of many CL finals where going for it right out the gate works, as the other team come back strong.

We are better at attacking than containing but contained City and Chelsea in a one off.

We need to get at them straight away, don't let them get a foothold in the game.

I think tactically this game is going to be all over the place, we don't have a solid enough midfield to contain them or play them at their own game so personally I would have us deep and try to counter them with the pace of Lucas and Son and then in the second half bring on Llorente and Kane and flood them with the long ball.

The reality is though, whoever has the biggest balls and the most heart is going to win this game imo, that's what it will boil down to.

The reality is though, whoever has the biggest balls and the most heart is going to win this game imo, that's what it will boil down to.
Overall they probably edge it in quality and depth, and they did us home and away this season with pretty much a full strength Spurs team (we played back 4 at home, back 3 away, lost both 2-1). Still, as someone else said our injuries (and their luck) mean the 24pt league gap is flattering to them.

Where I think it gets interesting is mentality. 3-0 down against Barca, emotional crowd behind them they looked unstoppable. I don’t think any team could have withstood that collective energy.

However, if City take the league.......the feeling of injustice and unfairness to the Liverpool cult will be immense. The forever victims will wallow in their own pity of record breaking points and still not winning the league. Then, walk into a final....with a manager who has lost 6 of the 7 major cup finals he’s managed....and they’re the favourites....against a team that cost much less....a team they should beat....the pressure to not collapse and have probably the most disappointing season ever will be huge.

I think then it’s advantage Spurs. We’re desperate to win, but you won’t hear any Spurs talking about ‘deserving’ it. We’ve been up against it all season and the CL has been a battle from the start, the team just fights. What happens in the prem this weekend will have a big impact on the final. If they magic a league title then I’d say they are almost nailed on favourites. Fall short then it’s evens....flip that coin : )

Back
Top Bottom