Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Budwig said it was about their surplus of electrons (seeds in general, to generate such growth, and that Flax is most abundant in electron surplus of the seeds), which reignite the cells respiratory capability, it is called an electron shower by some, which I like a lot. She knew.

You know that subtle sense of wellbeing everyone gets from being by the seaside, this is an environmental form of that same ionising effect IMO (as demonstrated by the countless Grounding and Earthing studies now complete).

You Norse types are all about the Cod Liver Oil though my friend, the Viking ships used to have a big drum of fermented cod liver oil tied to the mast (or on deck, it states in "Nutrition and Physical Degeneration"), to help stave of hosts of ailments.

I will truly shut it now (unless some fool re-engages me!).

Flax 'em til it hurts!

(This thread needs you, comrade!)

Anyone think we can get away with this next season?

Son / Kane / Lucas
- - - - - Dele - - - - - -

NDombele / Winks
LB / CB / CB / RB
- - - - - Hugo - - - - -
Nope. If you stop shoehorning Dele in then perhaps. But Ndombele and Winks (in particular) are not gonna be a great CM2...that is what will result to your CM3 with Dele chasing shiny objects instead of handling his MF responsibilities. He has shown not one bit of discipline (other than a man-mark which doesn't take a brain) or positional awareness to be the tip of the MF spear. Kane would end up dropping in to help move the ball.

If we are putting this team out next year after a supposed new chapter/rebuild then we have failed somewhere in the process.

He is definitely their best player, but it's still hard to say whether he would do well in the Premier League. There were some brilliant highlight videos from Kovacic as well before he came to England.

Kovacic didn’t suit Chelsea at all. I think he’d do well in our midfield, but that boat has sailed now.

Cellabos has a lot of talent, just needs to be given the chance to play regularly. If we don’t pull Lo Celso off then he could be a good fall back option.

Kovacic didn’t suit Chelsea at all. I think he’d do well in our midfield, but that boat has sailed now.

Cellabos has a lot of talent, just needs to be given the chance to play regularly. If we don’t pull Lo Celso off then he could be a good fall back option.
We will see if he ever comes to England I guess.

Nope. If you stop shoehorning Dele in then perhaps. But Ndombele and Winks (in particular) are not gonna be a great CM2...that is what will result to your CM3 with Dele chasing shiny objects instead of handling his MF responsibilities. He has shown not one bit of discipline (other than a man-mark which doesn't take a brain) or positional awareness to be the tip of the MF spear. Kane would end up dropping in to help move the ball.

If we are putting this team out next year after a supposed new chapter/rebuild then we have failed somewhere in the process.

See follow-up post... You may not agree, but there's a rationale.

#NoExpertsHere.

Agreed. Any time I saw Kovacic play for the Chavs I thought he looked alright, definitely has something about him (Although he also appears to have serious stamina issues)
In any case though, he undoubtedly would have been a major asset to our midfield last season.

344ao7.jpg

Please list all the signings by PL clubs who are aged over 19 and not free transfers this TW - and how many clubs have not signed a player so far ?

Might give you something to do, and might give you a little bit of balance before you post again.

Please list all the signings by PL clubs who are aged over 19 and not free transfers this TW - and how many clubs have not signed a player so far ?

Might give you something to do, and might give you a little bit of balance before you post again.
But we have to get the players we want early , because if someone else buys them then we are stuck with the "there is money but the players we'd want do not exist" nonsense.

See follow-up post... You may not agree, but there's a rationale.

#NoExpertsHere.
I saw your f/u post but that just takes you deeper down the Dele rabbit hole and would worsen the points I made. If you actually consider the points I made, which have ample supportive evidence from his playing history, then perhaps you will see the problems that Dele brings tactically and stop pushing for his inclusion (specifically in the MF) instead of his improvement.

My post preemptively refuted your f/u rationale even before seeing it for myself which leaves me wondering why you would point that out. And even more you are suggesting that he get up with Harry (and heat maps would show he was quite often beyond Harry in previous years). This would exacerbate the situation of spacing our lines. It would be the CL all over again but teams wouldn't even need to try to create the space. And beyond that you wouldn't have the steel of Wanyama/Dembele you would have Ndombele and Winks.

You can say #noexperts but that doesn't mean you can't learn something from others. And this is an easy one to see. As easy to see as Dele and Eriksen's performance this season in the MF. The only way Dele gets where you would like to see him is if you sacrifice Sonny for him in that formation or play with 2 slow coaches up top with Dele and Harry. Neither are very appealing options.

Back
Top Bottom