Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Budwig said it was about their surplus of electrons (seeds in general, to generate such growth, and that Flax is most abundant in electron surplus of the seeds), which reignite the cells respiratory capability, it is called an electron shower by some, which I like a lot. She knew.

You know that subtle sense of wellbeing everyone gets from being by the seaside, this is an environmental form of that same ionising effect IMO (as demonstrated by the countless Grounding and Earthing studies now complete).

You Norse types are all about the Cod Liver Oil though my friend, the Viking ships used to have a big drum of fermented cod liver oil tied to the mast (or on deck, it states in "Nutrition and Physical Degeneration"), to help stave of hosts of ailments.

I will truly shut it now (unless some fool re-engages me!).

I hate you

:avbshock:

I don’t rate Moura as highly as you, but if we couldn’t add someone like Pepe or Fekir (or Sessegnon eventually) this would be my first choice front three in a 433, but what scares me most is that Poch seems to see Moura as a CF and seems he’ll bent on playing him in a front 2.

Need to make more use of his legs.... Running at players or into space.

That diamond sucks for so many reasons. Especially if we're not gonna play our most creative player behind the front 2.

Tierney is a far better footballer already than either of our left backs will ever be tbh. We should be all over that if his head's been turned IMO.

Fair enough that's your opinion but how does a player playing against frankly 2nd division opposition most weeks show himself "a far better footballer" .... the top rated winger he faced in the SPL was Eros Grezda valued at 1.5m .... coming up against Mane 120m, Sane 100m, Martial 70m that would be a whole new ball game ...

You may be right, just not sure how you judge players from such a different standard league ....

They still use a size 5 football and have to have a first touch and run and show technique and ability. It's not just eat a load of haggis and kick the cunt out of one another like.

He's played well against some massive clubs in Europe too, against actual good players like Robben.

Fair enough that's your opinion but how does a player playing against frankly 2nd division opposition most weeks show himself "a far better footballer" .... the top rated winger he faced in the SPL was Eros Grezda valued at 1.5m .... coming up against Mane 120m, Sane 100m, Martial 70m that would be a whole new ball game ...

You may be right, just not sure how you judge players from such a different standard league ....
You can compare Tierney to Robertson. And how do you know until you sign somebody ?.

You can compare Tierney to Robertson. And how do you know until you sign somebody ?.

Yup that's the gamble .... Tierney almost unknown in the big leagues for 25m or Sessegnon younger but more experienced at the top level for 40m ... you pays your money and takes your choice ....

As long as we sign somebody .... lol

Obviously not a popular opinion (probably because he is linked to Woolwich) but Tierney is at the moment a far better LEFT BACK than Sessegnon in my eyes. Whether or not he is a better footballer I am not sure because Sess has spent so much time further up the field.

Tierney is completely balanced as far as being good defensively but nippy with an eye for a good pass. He also likes to beat his man and provides great cut backs in to the box. Yes he plays in a farmers league but have we not learnt after seeing where players like Kante, Van Dyk & Mane came from that talent is talent?

Sessegnon has time on his side though and I have no doubt that If Poch gets his hands on him then he can get him to be a cracking LB/LWB/LWF.

TLDR: Tierney for a LB role, Sessegnon for a LWB role.

Oh and I really hope Woolwich don’t get Tierney at £25 million that is a bargain in my eyes for a strong full back nowadays

My motive is that I want 4 goal scorers on the pitch.... I'm not going as far as saying BUILD around Dele, but I'd like to think we can unlock the player from 2 years ago.... Getting him in behind Kane again has gotta be worth a punt.

With Kane's creativity/hold up (with HMD, LM & DA running beyond him) and both ND & HW both deemed capable of picking a pass... I'd hope we can share the creative burden, rather than be reliant upon 1 man (be that Eriksen or a new guy).... Dips in form are inevitable; we looked blunt too often last season; too easy to defend against....

Everyone else is on page 282, I'm still trying to work out who HMD is...

Back
Top Bottom