Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really like him, I think he'd be a cracking little Spurs player but I see his figure being around the £55m mark, maybe more if we get utterly convinced by him. £70m just doesn't make sense to me as if he flops we'd be looking at half of that back from a potential buying club. Risk/ reward and stadium debts and all of that.
The reality is that taking all the points I made in mind, he's really a £40 mil player at the most, but with other suitors helping to up the anti, we're heading towards 'world class' prices.

I'm watching an Argentinian stream of their must-win match vs South American football giants Qatar. It's not very good. Foyth is playing centre back hasn't figured much one way of another. Our lad Lo Celso is in central midfield, "tidy" would be the adjective.

Fun fact:

The commentators pronounce his name "Lo Chelso"
Both lads now on yellows.

Papa Poch, also known as the most carded player in Espanyol history probably has a massive stiffy now.

The reality is that taking all the points I made in mind, he's really a £40 mil player at the most, but with other suitors helping to up the anti, we're heading towards 'world class' prices.

Agreed. His stock is relatively high at present and if we want him we may have to fork out. It won't be silly money however and personally I think a fee around the £55m mark would be more than enough for Celta Vigo to think they're getting a good deal, especially as Jovic has signed for Real Madrid at the £60m mark and De Ligt is being linked at £62m.

The issue I see us facing is the sell on clause PSG will be juicing from them. That hits us pretty hard as £55m soon turns into the early £40m ball park which when you take off the fee they've already paid PSG of £25m doesn't leave them with a tasty profit for their troubles with all things considered

D9xZFCCXUAAfGaP.jpg

The only way Dele gets where you would like to see him is if you sacrifice Sonny for him in that formation or play with 2 slow coaches up top with Dele and Harry. Neither are very appealing options.

I respectfully disagree. I think Harry and Dele up top is an awesome, bruising forward line well prepared to batter any opposition any number of ways. It's also probably the best we can do given Levy-nomics. But definitely nothing we should be ashamed of, much less take for granted...

He has a little bit of that tidy Winks way about him doesn't he? Just a little more offensive in the final/ attacking third.

I like him, I think he'd be a good fit but £70m or so like they're suggesting in the media? A fair old slab that is

I want Levy to go balls deep on Ndombele, but agree on Lo Celso. Reeks of a team taking advantage (as is their right) and trying to sell a player during a ‘bubble’.

Id rather we stick to 40 mill. If that's not enough we simply walk away and look elsewhere. 40 mill is massive for Lo Celso

Respectful disagreement welcomed.
bruising forward line well prepared to batter any opposition any number of ways.
Bruising? Really? Is Dele gonna go back to breaking folks' knees? but by all means let's go back to the future during this re-build. I'm sure that's exactly what Poch was referring to in his comments.

well prepared to batter any opposition any number of ways.
Would love for you to fill us in on maybe a couple or 3 of these 'battering ways', especially without improving the MF to actually transition the ball from our own area and distribute it. That is unless those two are going to develop the ability to create their own goals (I type that as Aguero picks the ball up in the attacking third and dribbles 30yds by his CB and score all by himself) because defenses will squeeze us tight without fear in behind or being beaten with the ball...like the CL final.

If Eriksen is off to Real Madrid, how about we push for this kid at part of the deal? He was on loan at Borussia Dortmund last year and has bags of potential:

If all else fails with a move for Lo Celso, Hakimi & Ceballos wouldn't be a bad deal out of a not so great situation of Eriksen wanting a move. He can play both as a left back and right back so he'd offer the versatility Poch loves as well.

If Eriksen is off to Real Madrid, how about we push for this kid at part of the deal? He was on loan at Borussia Dortmund last year and has bags of potential:

If all else fails with a move for Lo Celso, Hakimi & Ceballos wouldn't be a bad deal out of a not so great situation of Eriksen wanting a move. He can play both as a left back and right back so he'd offer the versatility Poch loves as well.

Good find. Looks a big prospect. Confident, full of tricks and running ability. A sort of mobile Dele.

Back
Top Bottom