Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

fortune-teller-crystal-ball-9508425.jpg.webp

Mystic Mindblown, he say one thing...

image-asset.jpeg

Mystic Madrid, he say that Pochetttino will pick the players he thinks will suit the formation and tactics he wishes to choose against each opponent, also employing crazy left-field thinking, such as selecting them based on their form.

All this talk of Starting XIs, A replacing B is bollocks. What is Manchester City's starting XI?

Sometimes I wonder if some people on here actually want to buy new players, worrying about who gets left out, worrying about how much money we've spent. Reminds me of my fucking dad when my mum used to hassle him about buying a new sofa.

How much is it going to cost?
What does this mean for my net spend?
Where are we going to put the old sofa?
If i store it in the garage will it get stroppy and go on strike?
How many sofas does one need to finish top 4?

Bit of info on the Sessegnon deal, we have been reluctant to release any of our young talent that Fulham want. Fulham are insistent on purchases not loans ... it seems we have come to a tentative agreement on two players with us having first option buy-backs and/or percentage of profits from a sell-on. Usual names being mentioned no idea who is or isn't being considered. As we know the deal with Ryan and his agent was agreed weeks ago.
Not over the line, other clubs are interested and can also offer Fulham players, which is what they want, however I'm told a 'breakthrough' on this deal happened over the weekend ... so maybe it's very close.

All a bit cryptic, not ITK just office gossip ... hope it's true.

Widely reported that we would be prepared to let Onomah and Edwards go - rumours of Onomah for £11m to Sheffield Wednesday (where he had been on loan) and Edwards for £4m but substantial sell on clause.

CCV is currently injured otherwise might have been on tour - he has 2 seasons at Championship level clubs despite still being 21 and I would guess Poch would want to keep him at Spurs until it's quite clear where we are on CBs this coming season. There are also players like Strrling. Fulham have always had a decent academy do I'd guess they only want players with some experience at Championship level or equivalent, with youth and potential.

All those above and a few others could be fantastic for Fulham, quite possibly the issue is going to be on valuation - if we have a bid on Onomah for ,£11;m for Onomah we are going to want something similar from Fulham as a valuation etc.

fortune-teller-crystal-ball-9508425.jpg.webp

Mystic Mindblown, he say one thing...

image-asset.jpeg

Mystic Madrid, he say that Pochetttino will pick the players he thinks will suit the formation and tactics he wishes to choose against each opponent, also employing crazy left-field thinking, such as selecting them based on their form.

All this talk of Starting XIs, A replacing B is bollocks. What is Manchester City's starting XI?

Why does mystic BM think this, when the last five years suggests otherwise.

Brilliant coach, but tactically one that has demonstrated time and again he will often try to shoehorn his favourite players into formations rather than the other way round.

And will also often make selections that are counter intuitive to his tactical style - ie why pick midfielders that are uncomfortable receiving the ball under pressure when one of your basic tenets is playing out from the back?

Brilliant coach, but tactically one that has demonstrated time and again he will often try to shoehorn his favourite players into formations rather than the other way round.

And will also often make selections that are counter intuitive to his tactical style - ie why pick midfielders that are uncomfortable receiving the ball under pressure when one of your basic tenets is playing out from the back?

Whoever could you be referring to?

Winksy looks comfortable enough??

Shame you're not advising him really

Back
Top Bottom