Have we signed Paulo Dybala yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Reading an Italian Juventus forum, they think it highly unlikely he'd be sold this year, but, perhaps like Dele, it's not inconceivable he'll be sold a year from now if he has another average season. They seem to think he'll be important in the Sarri system and there's no way he'd leave before seeing how it worked out. Again, a bit like Dele, he hasn't progressed like they hoped he would and this season is very important for him.

I think the story would have more legs if Allegri were still there but, as I said already, I really do think it's a non story.

I reckon it’s a tactic to get Betis to drop their cost. They need to sell, Lo Celso wants to leave.

I’d love Dybala though. He’d be one of the biggest signings in our history.
They have different skillsets. Dybala is a striker/ wide forward.

I think the Betis deal is practically agreed and has been for a while. Who knows why they are delaying the announcement

If we do sign Dybala, he will become the best looking player we have ever had.
D2wgxpzWoAA13RL.jpg

I've watched Dybala since he was in Serie B with Palermo (wife is of Sicilian heritage and a Palermo supporter), and he's probably my favourite player in the world that isn't at Spurs.

The idea that he's overrated on the back of one season playing along side Ronaldo who basically took up all of his space and touches is hilarious. Here's his Serie A goal totals the past 5 seasons:

14-15 (Palermo): 13
15-16 (Juventus): 19
16-17 (Juventus): 11
17-18 (Juventus): 22
18-19 (Juventus): 5

It's obvious that Ronaldo had a massive impact on him, and they really cannot play together. That makes Dybala at 25 somehow available, despite being one of the best young forwards in the world. It's an insane situation and one that any club with a brain would try to jump on.

Dybala has been at his best playing off a bigger striker who can finish chances he creates as well as occupy larger center halves, allowing him to drift in and out of spaces along the whole front line ... in many ways, similar to the role Dele has had with Spurs. His partnership with Higuain was sublime, and he would likely find a similarly rich partnership with Kane.

Back
Top Bottom