Woolwich v Tottenham Hotspur - September 1st 2019 16-30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should have put Moura if Son was to be subbed. Better yet it should been Kane with Moura. Had plenty of time left to score even 2 gols on their heavy legs on the counter with Son and Moura. Totally dumb found by the Son-Lo celso at the end.

Overall a pretty good performance, but I just wonder how important conceding right before half will end up being for our season. If we make it to half 0-2 we probably win.

Second week running he decides to go for the penalty instead of actually doing something with the ball. He plays for the penalty and maybe technically it is a penalty, but the fact that he makes it so obvious he's playing for it makes the ref automatically not like it.

He coulda tried to move it across towards goal AND shield the ball and would have had a clear pen or open shot as long as Sokratis didn't nick the ball.
With a clearly pro-Goon ref though, there was no chance to get that call...

Woolwich are two decent defenders away from a title challenging team, we may not like to hear it or even think it, but it’s not far off the truth!

3rd is a given for them this season and we need to hope Ollie stays at the wheel up in Manc land, and Frank Lampards Chelsea don’t click......

Mate, we handed them two goals on a plate, the reason I am so fucked off is because they are utterly shit and now people are going to think they are something special when they really aren't at all.

Our poor decision making on the counter and the shit subs we made second half was the only reason they managed to get a point, letting them have the ball and countering was the best tactical decision Poch made today and first half proved that.

Sadly, he shit the bed with the subs second half.

Woolwich are two decent defenders away from a title challenging team, we may not like to hear it or even think it, but it’s not far off the truth!

3rd is a given for them this season and we need to hope Ollie stays at the wheel up in Manc land, and Frank Lampards Chelsea don’t click......
Woolwich might be 2 decent defenders away from something, but you have to remember all we need is a right back and Ndombele back, and we will be a completely different animal too ...

Woolwank title challengers?

Their keeper is as dodgy as an eleven quid note. Their fullbacks, including the Darren Anderton of left backs offer little or nothing, and Xhaka is not only a cunt, but a shit footballer. We got two up and said "job done". Had we made it to half time 2 up we were sorted.

We're probably 4 defenders away from being a good team at the minute though.

Winks – hardest working man. Solid in MF
Eriksen proves again why we need him right now
Sanchez something of a liability doing silly things in front of goal
Sissoko reliably like a chocolate teapot in front of opponent's goal
Harry not effective when he plays deep. Reminiscent of Rooney at Utd.
Lo Celso yet to see something special from him - I know getting to grips with EPL is not easy
Guessing Dele needs more game time having been out so long? No flashes of brilliance from him.

When we are sitting back and absorbing wave after wave of pressure, unable to get out of our own half, waiting until the inevitable goal, I wish Poch would change it up, take more of a gamble and bring on Moura and take the game to them.

Still, could have been worse, a whole lot worse. I know it’s early days but if we don’t close the gap to the top soon, Mancs and Scousers will be leaving us for dust

Back
Top Bottom