Tottenham Hotspur v. Man. U. (Home), 20 Jan 2013 16:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

i dont really understand why de gea is copping loads of flack for our goal? The ball was played right on top of him and he managed to get a good hand on it to take it away from Caulker's head. lennon then controlled the ball brilliantly and had the composure to pull it across to dempsey.

Completely taking the gloss of our draw by insinuating that United had the game in the bag until we lucked out with a goalkeeping error.

Their backs were to the wall for almost the whole second half FFS!

TECXrjY.jpg

Familiar?

v0p305H.jpg

It's weird, Sky definitely mentioned 60% but on their website it says 51%. Maybe it was referring to the second half.

I think there's a narrative, when Manchester United didn't win they did something wrong, rather than we did something right.

In fairness I think it would be criminal for the media to get away with it, though Lennon was brilliant today, Dembele started to look sharp and the only thing wrong was that we could not be just a bit more ruthless in front of goal. The amount of possession to me looked nearer 60% but I am biased I guess..

As for the De Gea criticism, he'd already managed a couple of great saves, the one where he got a foot to the Dempsey chance was a great stop, instead we'll hear that he made a poor punch for our goal and Man U should have got a penalty.

Funny about feeling so good about a draw, but if there was one song right now that perfectly summed up my feelings, it would have to be this:

Surely BAEs got to start from now on. Maybe give Naughts a go on the right?

Walker has got the tools but hes having a mare at the moment. Just needs the pressure taken off him, how many games on the bounce now?

Lets hope Benny pushes on and gets more fitness back over the next week. We need his balance on the left. Having a right hooker over there means we are cutting in too much, which hasn't helped against the bus parkers like Stoker and QPR tbf.

Walker has been Ok, he is still young himself to be fair, but then a little rest might do him good like you say, and take the pressure off him.

the west stand upper went billy bonkers and i'd like to give a shout out to the paxton upper for getting AVBs army going for a while.
a draw against the cheats feels like we woz robbed.

Back
Top Bottom