Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And by the same token, we’ve got one of the best strikers in the world and a regular CM first team starter from our academy.
Our LB cost 1M TWELVE years ago. Two years ago he was declared the best LB in Europe.

So we haven’t HAD to spend massive amounts on THREE key areas.

But I guess Kane is fucking shit because he was free to you dick heads

So if Lo Celso scores 35 goals it won’t help Poch because he’s on loan?
You want to count money we havent spent as spending because Lo Celso might score 35 goals? But then are you counting money that we spent on players as 'not spent' if they dont turn out to be great like Sissoko, Sanchez, Jansen, Nkudu?

You people are so thick it hurts with your net spend bollocks.
Now everyone is an accountant...net spend this net spend that.

Listen to me, I’m not going through this again after this post.

Here is an example:
If we bought Sessengin for 25M but sold Trippier and Janssen for 30M does that mean Poch hasn’t been backed?
Because we spent 5M less than we got from sales?

Would Sessengon become a better player if we sold Trippier and Janssen for 10M?

He has had TWENTY SEVEN players.

Is Son not a good signing because the club isn’t in debt? We’ve broken our record signing four times under Poch, but it means nothing because we are well run and spend our own money.

Are people really so fucking stupid that they think the quality of a football player depends on whether your club has a positive net spend?

Absolute fucking moronic argument that it’s just embarrassing that people use it.
You actually think Ndombele would be a better player if we paid 90M not 60M and went into the red a bit.

Twat, go away
If you keep buying and selling the same player for a 100 million 10 times, it might be a 'spending' of £1 billion but the squad quality doesnt change you daft prick.

You people are so thick it hurts with your net spend bollocks.
Now everyone is an accountant...net spend this net spend that.

Listen to me, I’m not going through this again after this post.

Here is an example:
If we bought Sessengin for 25M but sold Trippier and Janssen for 30M does that mean Poch hasn’t been backed?
Because we spent 5M less than we got from sales?

Would Sessengon become a better player if we sold Trippier and Janssen for 10M?

He has had TWENTY SEVEN players.

Is Son not a good signing because the club isn’t in debt? We’ve broken our record signing four times under Poch, but it means nothing because we are well run and spend our own money.

Are people really so fucking stupid that they think the quality of a football player depends on whether your club has a positive net spend?

Absolute fucking moronic argument that it’s just embarrassing that people use it.
You actually think Ndombele would be a better player if we paid 90M not 60M and went into the red a bit.

Twat, go away
Can you please post this point using an analogy.

Maybe something about buying a car for £10k?

No?

Fucking spoilsport.

Blue and yellow.

And by the same token, we’ve got one of the best strikers in the world and a regular CM first team starter from our academy.
Our LB cost 1M TWELVE years ago. Two years ago he was declared the best LB in Europe.

So we haven’t HAD to spend massive amounts on THREE key areas.

But I guess Kane is fucking shit because he was free to you dick heads
No you fucking moron. No one said that. Absolutely no fucking one. Only 1 dickhead is whining about money being spent and not winning everything within 4 games of the season.

I would go along with the consensus that it was stupid to sell him without buying a replacement, a vintage gaff from our recruitment department.

However it also needs to be pointed out some of these quotes he's coming out with are nothing less than laughable. You would swear by the way he's talking that he was world-class before last season. He was nothing more than an average player for us capable of the odd decent performance. Just because he was the best of a bad lot for us doesn't make him anything other than a mid table right back.

I would go along with the consensus that it was stupid to sell him without buying a replacement, a vintage gaff from our recruitment department.

However it also needs to be pointed out some of these quotes he's coming out with are nothing less than laughable. You would swear by the way he's talking that he was world-class before last season. He was nothing more than an average player for us capable of the odd decent performance. Just because he was the best of a bad lot for us doesn't make him anything other than a mid table right back.

Why would a mid-table right back be snapped up by the second best team in Spain? Why would he displace Kyle Walker from the England squad?

Trips is a good player who had a bad season, that can happen. He will do very well at Atletico and prove all the whingers wrong. He’s left our team and our defense is still shockingly bad, his many errors last season took the spotlight off players like Rose, Toby and Jan who were similarly awful and have carried straight on from where they left off whereas Trips has come flying out of the traps in La Liga and instantly revived his reputation.

Why would a mid-table right back be snapped up by the second best team in Spain? Why would he displace Kyle Walker from the England squad?

Trips is a good player who had a bad season, that can happen. He will do very well at Atletico and prove all the whingers wrong. He’s left our team and our defense is still shockingly bad, his many errors last season took the spotlight off players like Rose, Toby and Jan who were similarly awful and have carried straight on from where they left off whereas Trips has come flying out of the traps in La Liga and instantly revived his reputation.

He isn't and wasn't good enough mate. Wasn't and isn't better than Walker hence why Walker kept Trippier out of the team most of the time both were at the club and why Pep was prepared to pay £50m for Walker.

I wish Trippier all the best but hindsight is a wonderful thing and I don't recall too many throwing their toys out of the peak when he was close to being sold. Selling Tripps was the right call, it doesn't matter who we sold him to his performances for me had him ranked as the weak link in most starting XIs

He isn't and wasn't good enough mate. Wasn't and isn't better than Walker hence why Walker kept Trippier out of the team most of the time both were at the club and why Pep was prepared to pay £50m for Walker.

I wish Trippier all the best but hindsight is a wonderful thing and I don't recall too many throwing their toys out of the peak when he was close to being sold. Selling Tripps was the right call, it doesn't matter who we sold him to his performances for me had him ranked as the weak link in most starting XIs

Pep has also bought two more RB's this summer. He also paid 55m for a LB who's he's struggling to trust too. Not everything Guardiola does in the transfer market is golden. Guardiola values intelligence and he's quickly sussed out that's not Walker's forte.

If Walker and Rose are good enough for this team with their flaws (as well as Son, Alli Moura, Aurier, Sissoko etc with theirs ) then Trippier easily was. It's not like there's a world of Philip Lahm's and Danny Alves's out there is it. If one of the top and shrewdest recruiting teams in Europe, with one of the best and highest paid managers in the world was happy to pay 20m for a 28yo Trippier, it should tell you something, meanwhile we are watching Sanchez get torn apart by Woolwich while we wait for Foyth to mend. Yay.

Pep has also bought two more RB's this summer. He also paid 55m for a LB who's he's struggling to trust too. Not everything Guardiola does in the transfer market is golden. Guardiola values intelligence and he's quickly sussed out that's not Walker's forte.

If Walker and Rose are good enough for this team with their flaws (as well as Son, Alli Moura, Aurier, Sissoko etc with theirs ) then Trippier easily was. It's not like there's a world of Philip Lahm's and Danny Alves's out there is it. If one of the top and shrewdest recruiting teams in Europe, with one of the best and highest paid managers in the world was happy to pay 20m for a 28yo Trippier, it should tell you something, meanwhile we are watching Sanchez get torn apart by Woolwich while we wait for Foyth to mend. Yay.
I think Mendy is extremely overrated but he has barely been fit since they bought him so it's nothing to do with lack of faith, but rather injuries, that have made him a poor investment.

Walker has been extremely good for them as well and I guess they just bought Cancelo because they can, or something

I think Mendy is extremely overrated but he has barely been fit since they bought him so it's nothing to do with lack of faith, but rather injuries, that have made him a poor investment.

Walker has been extremely good for them as well and I guess they just bought Cancelo because they can, or something

I like Mendy, but Guardiola definitely has some trust/character issues with him.

Trippier is a good, no a very good, player but he's not world class ... on his best form he was an asset to us but on last seasons form he most certainly wasn't.

Comparing Atletico to a mid-table EPL team what's the point, what you can say is that without doubt playing for Atletico most weeks there is massively less chance of Trippier's defensive weaknesses being exposed than there were at Spurs .... so moving for him was a great decision.

For England? A couple of decent games against weak opposition don't make him a world class international, he wouldn't get on the bench for the top international teams just as he wasn't attractive in the transfer market for the very top European teams ...

Moving to Atletico was a great move for him, but it was also good for us, we need better we still do but sticking with Tripps was never a good option ... you've only got to look at last season to know that.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder ... just as Pep has realised Walker is not quite good enough, Poch made the same determination about Tripps ... trouble is despite Pep spending 200m and Poch trying plans A,B and C finding world class right backs is just not that easy ... we can all look back and say how much we miss Tripps but take of the Spurs goggles and he really wasn't all that ....

we can all look back and say how much we miss Tripps but take of the Spurs goggles and he really wasn't all that ....

Spurs goggles?
He at Atletico tearing it up mate....my Spurs goggles just saw Sanchez at RB and Aurier sitting around doing nothing behind the bench.

Its going to be awkward for some people this season, torn between:
“Atletico aren’t all that”
And
“Trippier is only playing well because he’s in a world class team under a world class manager”

Spurs goggles?
He at Atletico tearing it up mate....my Spurs goggles just saw Sanchez at RB and Aurier sitting around doing nothing behind the bench.

Its going to be awkward for some people this season, torn between:
“Atletico aren’t all that”
And
“Trippier is only playing well because he’s in a world class team under a world class manager”

"tearing it up" are you twelve? stick to those fried Mars Bars mate ... to much Scottish football has clearly softened your brains ...

"tearing it up" are you twelve? stick to those fried Mars Bars mate ... to much Scottish football has clearly softened your brains ...
What?

As I said, people can pretend all they want that Trippier “wasn’t a good option”.

Yet he’s at a better team, playing well, under a better manager.
You all wish he ended up at Sheff Utd to prove you were right, but he ends up at Atletico Madrid under Simeone as first choice and you’re all still right.

Meanwhile, Poch is lauded for our present RB situation and people still pretending we aren’t weaker.

Fucking hell, who’s 12 again?

What?

As I said, people can pretend all they want that Trippier “wasn’t a good option”.

Yet he’s at a better team, playing well, under a better manager.
You all wish he ended up at Sheff Utd to prove you were right, but he ends up at Atletico Madrid under Simeone as first choice and you’re all still right.

Meanwhile, Poch is lauded for our present RB situation and people still pretending we aren’t weaker.

Fucking hell, who’s 12 again?

With all due respect Sammy as I do like you as a poster mate but Atletico play in a far less competitive league than the PL currently is and Trippiers 3 competitive games for them to date are against Getafe (H), Leganes (A) & Eibar (H). It's definitely far too early and his opposition far too limited to make claim that he's tearing it up IMO.

I never minded Trippier, he was a good solider for us and seemed very professional but as a football or more so what I like to see in a modern day fullback I think he had limitations that prevented us from taking positive steps forward. In hindsight was selling him and not brining in a suitable replacement shirt sighted? Possibly & time will tell but I do think that in time if Foyth is trusted there which I think he will be that his dribbling ability will offer a new dimension to our right hand side.

Tripps is 3 games in against 3 not so great challenges so far. Yes you can only beat what's in front of you but all in all apart from the Newcastle result all of our results have been very good so let's see how things settle down once players return from injury and once Trippier gets to about dozen games in before we see who got the rawer deal but as always I appreciate your opinion pal.

Back
Top Bottom