Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace (14 September @ 15.00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Crikey. I think this is the first time in 5 years we are debating if we can beat Crystal Palace at WHL. It shows how far we have fallen in 2019.

I fear that if we cannot pull out a comfortable win our confidence will drop even farther.

Played 4 conceded 2. Palace not us btw. ( we’ve conceded 6)

And yet we should expect to win comfortably.........

:pochshock2:

d8b.png

challenge_accepted.jpg

First game of the season for me. Will try and come and say hello.

And swear.

A team that's in relegation form like us has no right to expect a win, we no longer intimidate opponents and they know we will concede easy chances if they just stay tight and let us have the ball.

We have lost to much worse teams than Palace in the last 9 months and we will need to show so much more than we have so far this season if we want to beat them. Woolwich was a better showing from us but it was still unconvincing. The defensive structure and overall balance of the team is still completely wrong. Hopefully having Dele, Ndombele and Dier available can help us to find a solution.

Crystal Palace are certainly no mugs, we've got to bring our A game to this one. They will look to play pure counter-attacking football, so the key is for our back 4 to communicate and contain that. If we can score the first goal, it will be very hard for Palace to equalize given the styles of play.
'Score the first goal'......... :pochshock2:

How is Sessegnon?

Is he fit enough to start?

He was said to be in the final stages of conditioning work before the international break.

So I'd guess he's now started to train with the first team for the first time.

Could he start a match - possibly. Will he start a match - unlikely I'd think. More likely to train with first team for a couple of weeks to get used to how other players play, so if anything a cameo or two off the bench for a couple of weeks.

Welcome back !

Funny that poch didnt deem him fit enough but didnt pull him from a fucking pointless friendly.

What do you mean Poch didn’t deem him fit enough to play? He played for us multiple times.

Blaming Poch here is farcical.

Honestly, save your response about how he wasn’t fit enough to start blah blah blah. You know you’re wrong, just save us both the hassle and admit it.

Next people are going to blame Poch for Brexit.

Back
Top Bottom