Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace (14 September @ 15.00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As I said before if it's still 0-0 as half time approaches nerves will start to jangle. Should we go in with that score after 45 mins wouldn't it be a revelation if Poch made changes during the break ?....when he does that and it's not because of an injury I'll faint.
You know what, 0-0 up to 70mins, then a good tactical change from Pochettino resulting in a 1-0 or 2-0 win would be the best thing to happen to us.
If we open them up like a can of beans from the offset it only serves to give us false hope for the future.
Yep, I’ll take a park the bus Palace with us only having 1 shot on goal for 70 odd mins and then a tactical masterclass, no lucky pen or a 35 yard screamer to get us over the line, just good old tactical brilliance.

Lloris
KWP - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
Dier
Ndombele - Eriksen
Lucas - Kane - Son
Would love to see this at some point. With Lo Celso, Dele, Sissoko and Lamela all providing depth.

You know what, 0-0 up to 70mins, then a good tactical change from Pochettino resulting in a 1-0 or 2-0 win would be the best thing to happen to us.
If we open them up like a can of beans from the offset it only serves to give us false hope for the future.
Yep, I’ll take a park the bus Palace with us only having 1 shot on goal for 70 odd mins and then a tactical masterclass, no lucky pen or a 35 yard screamer to get us over the line, just good old tactical brilliance.

I’ll take a 2-0 up at half time happily

early goal for us, a shit one, in off someones ear via a balloon left on the field from pre match celebrations

Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman / Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor and the rest of that merry band.

Will you be in the coach and horses before the game on sat and if so what time and also what time will you be at the dispensary on sat?

Trying to organise with my usual couple of cronies what the craic is and getting all my ducks in a row, so to speak.

We usually go to the coach before a game, then into the stadium.

Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman / Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor and the rest of that merry band.

Will you be in the coach and horses before the game on sat and if so what time and also what time will you be at the dispensary on sat?

Trying to organise with my usual couple of cronies what the craic is and getting all my ducks in a row, so to speak.

I will probably go straight to the Dispensary. Should be there by 1pm give or take.

I'll be in the C&H before the game, around 12ish. Will get to the dispensary around 1. 30.

Well, Kane looked back to his old self playing for England and those goals should have done his confidence the world of good.

Now, if Lucas could please mimic the performance of Sterling; we could be on to a winner,

i've just put three tickets sat together up on the ticket exchange as i'm away this weekend.

Just out of interest as a seller do I need to do anything more than add them to the exchange? I assume sending of the tickets is handled digitally by the system? I know it sounds obvious but these processes don't always work the logical way.

That is pretty much what games against Palace have looked like recently, no way is this an easy fixture.

I hope Aurier starts at right back, and not Sanchez. Zaha will give Sanchez a roasting. Aurier will at least be a natural right back, and can offer a lot more going forward.

Lloris
Aurier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Davies
Winks
Ndombele - Eriksen
Son - Lucas
Kane

Gazzaniga - Rose - Sanchez - Sissoko - Dele - Lamela - Parrott​

I came to think about all those preseason game i watched and we looked excellent. These 4 games of massive disappoinment must came down to the mentality. There are something wrong in the players head.
And also, why do the defence kept regressed in performance.
I prefer Aurier to play rather than Sanchez on RB. If not, please play 3 at the back, Sanchez provide zero contribution in build up play as RB.
Please Poch, do your magic.

And also, why do the defence kept regressed in performance.
I'd say it is because we lack a proper defensive midfielder in front of our backline. We expect the fullbacks to be very attacking so we need a DM to play shield in front of the CBs. Like Wanyama and Dier did. Winks and Sissoko can do it, but it isn't their strong suit. Ndombele is not that defensive either.

I'd probably take 4 points from our next two games if offered. Crystal Palace at Home and Leicester away are a bit tougher than they look:

[FORMATION=4231,Lloris, Aurier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Winks, Ndombele, Dele, Eriksen, Son, Kane,[/FORMATION][/FORMATION]

Gazzaniga
Walker-Peters/ Davies
Sanchez
Sissoko
Lamela
Lucas
Parrott/ Dier

No chances with his one, no dicking about with Lamela in the team if we have that front four fit and up for it. Finally Spurs just do it properly and get a win by a decent, comfortable margin! Sissoko in for Ndombele if Tanguy is still struggling.

Back
Top Bottom