January 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kaboul just tweeted...

Horror of people who tell you hello and see how you sap doors at the same time ...#disgusts #nemeserrepluslamain

Cryptic ITK? :avbcringe:

"hello" rhymes with yellow, and "you" rhymes with blue :baletroll:

mfw scrolling through this thread;

asdasdyy.png

So Zaha is going United. Do you think if he turns out to be shit that the linesman from our game should go on tv and say what a bad day at the office fergie must have had when he bought him? :baletroll:

No Porto boy, Moutinho is getting older therefore will be a depreciating asset as he is losing value by 1. Getting older and 2. Playing in the Portuguese league.
Yo Benfica boy, He has 26, thats old? Maybe if your team won Portuguese league you would like it better ha!!?

Quote="Jah, post: 201974, member: 2286"]Yo Benfica boy, He has 26, thats old? Maybe if your team won Portuguese league you would like it better ha!!?[/quote]
I've told you I'm not discussing Benfica /Porto here, what I am saying is he is getting older and the Portuguese league isn't very strong so he isn't going to increase in value as those are both negatives. We don't need him, he had his chance and so did Porto. We need a striker

Quote="Jah, post: 201974, member: 2286"]Yo Benfica boy, He has 26, thats old? Maybe if your team won Portuguese league you would like it better ha!!?
I've told you I'm not discussing Benfica /Porto here, what I am saying is he is getting older and the Portuguese league isn't very strong so he isn't going to increase in value as those are both negatives. We don't need him, he had his chance and so did Porto. We need a striker[/quote]

And I said I agree with you! Striker is needed!
You dont need to flame

Jah Jah I honestly don't have a clue what you are doing most of the time at this this forum. If someone gives his opinion about moutinho or porto you react all butthurt and stuff. But eh, love the internet no.

:adegrin2:

Llorente has agreed to join Juve in the summer.

http://www.juventus.com/juve/en/news/24_gen2013_llorente

Juventus can confirm that Spanish international striker Fernando Llorente will join the club on 1 July 2013.
The 27-year-old has agreed terms on a four-year deal and will move to Turin when his Athletic Bilbao contract expires at the end of the current season.
Born in Pamplona on 26 February 1985, Llorente progressed through the Basque outfit’s academy ranks before being loaned out to feeder club Baskonia during the 2003/04 campaign.
Bolstered by a season’s first team experience, the frontman, nicknamed El Rey León (The Lion King), soon became a permanent fixture in Athletic Bilbao’s strikeforce.
In nine seasons at San Mamés, Llorente has made 334 appearances and scored 104 goals in all competitions. The striker’s best return came during the 2011/12 campaign, when his 29 strikes helped Los Leones to the Copa Del Rey and Europa League finals.
A fearsome aerial presence coupled with excellent close control has earned Llorente international recognition with his native Spain. He was included in the triumphant World Cup 2010 and European Championship 2012 squads, and has notched 7 goals in 21 caps.

Regarding depreciation, it strikes me that Moutinho has about one more year of appreciation left (his contract is shorter and he's not yet completely in the average player's peak years), but then he'll start to depreciate.

I'm positive Porto understands this, as do the various people who own a piece of Moutinho.

However, I'm also not positive that that means that that a deal in January 2013 to Spurs is the deal that will net Porto the most cash. Who is to say some team with looser pursestrings doesn't knock on Porto's door in the summer? Or next year, once they see that Kagawa is out for the year?

If Moutinho had been like Vertonghen, poisoning the well by going on about how Spurs are his dream move, then maybe Porto would be cornered. But from what I understand, he's played this close. (Note: I don't blame Verts for doing what he did, but it did, imo, weaken Ajax's bargaining position)

Back
Top Bottom